IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Drag racing...anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-06, 04:16 AM
NeonDan
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drag racing...anyone?

Well hello IS owners, im still around but had to take a little break after an incident at my old job that left me unemployed. The gist is that a troll was browsing, saw the pics i posted of the cars that came in at my dealership, i was threatened with legal action/suspended and let go. I was a bit bitter at first but you cant hate a car due to something so petty. I thank the admins of this forum for being swift and understanding of my needs. I really appreciate it and since im no longer employed by a Lexus dealership or anyone affiliated to Toyota, i can speak freely and give my opinnions freely. I wish them (old employer) luck, have no hard feelings and would like to thank that troll for openning my eyes to bigger/better opportunities for me here in the Tampa area. I will not discuss publicly which company or who the troll is so please i ask that it not be inquired here. Thanks

Now back to my original reason for posting, last night i ran into a guy over at Bradenton Motorsports Park while i was out there with my SRT4 friends. Hes got a silver base IS350 and it was his first time drag racing...so he really wasnt too sure about the whole thing. I gave him a quick crash course of the tree and driving down the track then asked if he knew how to disable the VSC. I personally know how to and many out there dont know yet, he actually didnt know about this site so i encouraged him to look it up sometime. I instructed him on how to do it but he missed a step...so i got in and got it on the first try. Real cool guy, he was there with a buddy driving a white new TL.

What i wanted to know is have you taken your 350 to the strip? what kind of times did you run? try the manual mode with no VSC?

Thanks guys and i hope all of you all had a happy thanxgiving, Xmas and new years.....i was off that long and missed every minute of it. I know im being watched but im a whole lot wiser now
Old 01-13-06, 05:55 PM
NeonDan
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bump...anyone?