IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models
View Poll Results: When you purchased new IS, did you get rubber mat for FREE??
Yes
34.15%
No
65.85%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

How many you got rubber mat with car??

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-06, 08:33 AM
aznevoviii
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How many you got rubber mat with car??

Well, the cars that I bought in past.. and cars that will buy in future, I always ask for rubber mat, if they say NO, I go to other dealers, untill they say sure.

and I see someone with same car, trying to buy the rubber mat with their own money, I think of.. how many of us, are getting the rubber mat included in the car??
Old 01-13-06, 08:47 AM
Maximus350
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I got my all weather black mats thrown in. Funny thing is the dealership did not want to pay for it. I couldn't believe it. The salesman had to pay for it. What a joke. I even bought my car at msrp. The greed is unreal.
Old 01-13-06, 10:39 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 271 Likes on 240 Posts

I didn't know about the availability of the all weather mats until after I'd bought the car. I never asked for them during negotiations, and of course the dealer never volunteered to throw them in.

My passengers think I"m a loon because when the parking lot is covered with snow and sand, I insist that they enter the car butt-first, and then bang their shoes together to knock off the debris before putting them on the mat. I suppose the all weather mats would save us from that ritual, but then again those mats look more appropriate for an X-terra or RAV4 than a Lexus.
Old 01-13-06, 10:46 AM
cmusic
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I got the rubber all weather mats with my IS250. They were in the trunk when the car was delivered to the dealership. The salesman did not know they were in the car until I opened the trunk and asked if I had to pay extra for them. He said they were not listed on the dealersheet so he said just take them as a bonus.
Old 01-13-06, 11:27 AM
NINEZeRO
Lexus Test Driver

Its funny how most salespeople dont ever think into the future and try to oversatisfy their customers. They just dont know how much more satisfied a customer would be if they throw something like all weather mats as a surprise (w/o customer asking).
Old 01-13-06, 12:32 PM
tim817
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't really care at the mats or all the liltle things too much. I only worry how much I'll get off MSRP.
Old 01-13-06, 12:54 PM
GSE25
Lead Lap

i got mine thrown in the deal... just that they told me AFTERWARDS there's about a hundred people waiting list for them.
Old 01-13-06, 03:18 PM
Morrissey
Driver

I'm not really a fan of the all-weather mats. They're much more practical, especially in a place like Denver where we do get snow and salt on the ground in the winter, but I think the car looks much better with traditional mats.

My dad has all-weather mats in his '04 BMW 530i and it just doesn't look as sharp as it would with traditional mats.
Old 01-13-06, 04:02 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got the idea from here at CL for the all-weather mats you get off ebay. Not only do they look great but they say Lexus also. They're awesome and we don't get all that much snow. Bought them myself, at purchase all I got was a Lexus license plate frame which was pretty cool.
Old 01-13-06, 06:44 PM
vp911
Intermediate

I agreed on a price for my IS350 with the dealer last month and he said they would find me the car with color. Supposedly it is supposed to be here this month - he called me to say that the MSRP is higher because the car comes with the spoiler and mats - but that they would not charge me more - so essentially, yes, I am getting them free. I was pleased that they didn't try to charge me more - I had told him I wanted an extra 300-500 off the car, and in a way, I am getting that with more product.
Old 01-14-06, 04:30 AM
dkaplan435
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The mats were installed in my car when I picked it up. That was nice.
Old 01-14-06, 05:17 AM
jlin101
Lexus Test Driver

got my car at msrp with tint and rubber mats--never thought I would love rubber mats, now I don't know what I'd do without them (I used to put a towel over the carpet mat--drove my wife crazy). Not only are these Lexus rubber mats functional, they look techno, too (not sure how they would look in the GS and LS, though).
Old 01-14-06, 06:19 PM
Soda
Pole Position

I agree, the regular carpet mats seem to wear out (or look worn) very quickly. With the factory Rubber ones it does look better and then you can keep the carpet mats nice when you sell the car. It's a wonder what new mats do to a used car! They make it look new again! I just bought the Lexus ones and I put them in my car and I love them. Very easy to clean them too. Spray them off and dry them in bout 10 mins! All my cars have rubber mats even through the summer. Had them also on my tan interior TSX.
Old 01-15-06, 06:55 AM
dnszoom
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Bichon
My passengers think I"m a loon because when the parking lot is covered with snow and sand, I insist that they enter the car butt-first, and then bang their shoes together to knock off the debris before putting them on the mat. I suppose the all weather mats would save us from that ritual, but then again those mats look more appropriate for an X-terra or RAV4 than a Lexus.
LOL!

I do the same, oh well. I liken it to entering someone's carpeted home - why drag mud, snow and salt on to the carpet/mats?

Empirically speaking, dealers may be more liberal in throwing in all-season mats if the car is leased...
Old 01-15-06, 07:18 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 271 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by dnszoom
Empirically speaking, dealers may be more liberal in throwing in all-season mats if the car is leased...
Why is that? The dealer gets paid-in-full at the front of the transaction, just as if the car was purchased for cash or financed. It is an entirely separate entitiy, Toyota Motor Credit Corporation, that retains ownership of a leased vehicle.

Quick Reply: How many you got rubber mat with car??