IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Some pics of The Black Onyx Killer!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-06, 07:48 PM
upbull340
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the pictures. I can't wait for my black on cashmere to arrive. Enjoy.
Old 01-21-06, 12:28 AM
NINEZeRO
Lexus Test Driver

Great choice!! Same exact colors as me. I'm so glad I chose black over SGM because I really dont like it that much after seeing it several times. Dont you agree that the grey interior on black ext looks much better in person especially at night. Grey looks more like a cream color at night i think. Anyways, good luck with the detailing I already have swrils.
Old 01-21-06, 01:12 AM
eg6turbo
Rookie

Originally Posted by NINEZeRO
Great choice!! Same exact colors as me. I'm so glad I chose black over SGM because I really dont like it that much after seeing it several times. Dont you agree that the grey interior on black ext looks much better in person especially at night. Grey looks more like a cream color at night i think. Anyways, good luck with the detailing I already have swrils.
im very use to owning black cars so i know how to take care of the paint...believe or not before i go to sleep i usually dust the both cars off...then wipe it down with a micro fiber towel....i wash them once a week and wax every month by a professional detailing place...but i understand most people are not as crazy as i am...
Old 01-21-06, 01:47 AM
LSUFanMan
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

NineZero...I hear ya man. I was "sold" on the SMG/black too as it does look great on its own. However, just recently with more inventory coming into Charlotte, NC I have twice now had the opportunity to see a SMG IS and a Black Onyx IS sitting side-by-side on the dealership lot. Absolutely NO comparison when you see the two sitting side-by-side. The Black Onyx looks soooo much better than the SMG when you compare them side-by-side like this.

Regret having to take on the additional "work" keeping the black up, but I think it's worth it. With such aggressive lines the IS just looks friggin great in black.

Agree with you two guys on the sterling/grey interior with the Black Onyx too. I know black-on-black is classic, but the offset between the grey interior and black exterior is classy looking and just looks damn good as in the pictures above.

Suggestion - I kinda liked the G-Spyder wheels...they look really good on the Matador IS and thought they would look good on black. The ISP wheels really never did much for me. Just recently I saw a Black IS with G-Spyders and to my surprise they did NOT look good at all! Don't know why, but they just didn't look right? Then just today the dealership had a Black Onyx with the ISP wheels on it in their showroom. The ISP's looked fantastic against the Black Onyx. I couldn't believe it, but they really looked great! So, I've done a 180 on the G-Syders vs. ISP's at least on black. Check it out.

Last edited by LSUFanMan; 01-21-06 at 02:09 AM.