IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

PICS of Aftermarket Front Lights, HID

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-06, 07:07 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

how much was the HID kit....??

easy to install? plug and play or is there cutting of wires involved?
Old 01-24-06, 07:46 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 301 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by bagwell

I'd be interested in finding that out too.

Also, can you buy these online? I did a quick search on google but didn't find anything online or even on ebay.

I want to compare them to the kits sold by Xenon Depot - http://www.xenondepot.com - these guys sell Philips HID kits.
Old 01-24-06, 07:50 AM
tim817
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hameed
I'd be interested in finding that out too.

Also, can you buy these online? I did a quick search on google but didn't find anything online or even on ebay.

I want to compare them to the kits sold by Xenon Depot - http://www.xenondepot.com - these guys sell Philips HID kits.
If i were you, i'll get the Phillips 6000k kit. Everything above 6000k will look green. Phillips bulbs have the nicest color.
Old 01-24-06, 12:43 PM
loftus112
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bagwell

It was not that hard except for the limited space involved on the right driver side. And everything was pretty much plug n play except, they had to drill 2 holes, one on each side to close the inter headlight caps.

Originally Posted by tim817
If i were you, i'll get the Phillips 6000k kit. Everything above 6000k will look green. Phillips bulbs have the nicest color.
Acutally Tim, mines look blue but on the pic it looks kinda green for some reason. But I totally have to agree with you on getting the Phillips 6000k or 8000k. I've seen some cars with the Phillips and it looks real sikc.
Old 01-24-06, 12:52 PM
SPEED&ECO.
Lead Lap

YO loftus did you just get bulbs for the HIDs? where did you buy them?
Old 01-24-06, 10:29 PM
loftus112
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SPEED&ECO.
YO loftus did you just get bulbs for the HIDs? where did you buy them?
Please read the 12th thread...

Originally Posted by loftus112
Thanks Dnmukhra. It actually looks much better in person because the running lights look more luxury purple/blue and spans out. Rather than concentrated on top as depicted on the pic. Also good choice on the Fog light bulbs.

BTW Speed, you can get good deals on Ebay (where I got mines) for HIDs or just called around your local shops and compare prices. Also remember to ask them how much do they charge just for installation in case you do decide to get it online.
Old 01-25-06, 06:54 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

BTW Speed, you can get good deals on Ebay (where I got mines) for HIDs or just called around your local shops and compare prices. Also remember to ask them how much do they charge just for installation in case you do decide to get it online.
Is this the same seller on ebay you got them from?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=8031026357
Old 01-25-06, 05:48 PM
hv128
Driver School Candidate

Hi loftus,

I know this question probably came up before in some other thread, but just want to know if your auto on/off headlights still work after installing the HID kit.

Thanks
HV
Old 01-25-06, 09:02 PM
dnmukhra
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by hv128
Hi loftus,

I know this question probably came up before in some other thread, but just want to know if your auto on/off headlights still work after installing the HID kit.

Thanks
HV
Excellent question! I was wondering about this too!
Old 01-26-06, 01:30 AM
loftus112
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Hameed
Is this the same seller on ebay you got them from?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=8031026357
Yes, that is the one Hameed but Don't get 12000k. Go for only 6000k or 8000k. However, good price uh... And real good quality for the buck. Although I still recomment you get the original Phillips 6000k or 8000k if you can afford the extra green.

Originally Posted by hv128
Hi loftus,

Thanks
HV
It definitely works like a charm. Thats probably why on the new model HIDs, the ballast and the ignitior are seperate to make the Auto ON/OFF work properly.

Last edited by loftus112; 01-26-06 at 01:35 AM.
Old 01-26-06, 03:08 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Yes, that is the one Hameed but Don't get 12000k. Go for only 6000k or 8000k. However, good price uh... And real good quality for the buck. Although I still recomment you get the original Phillips 6000k or 8000k if you can afford the extra green.

It definitely works like a charm. Thats probably why on the new model HIDs, the ballast and the ignitior are seperate to make the Auto ON/OFF work properly.
Interesting, but the ones that HIDynamic carries (that you said you bought) don't have the ignitor and ballast separate..............
Old 01-26-06, 04:04 AM
Alex350
Lexus Test Driver

The BEST HID kit I've ever installed is the CATZ HID (Japanese), it is by far the one with the best quality on the market and is fully manufactured in Japan from high quality components. The only problem with these guys is that they packed up their stuff and left the US in 2002 after the US passed a law stating that aftermarket HID kits were illegal. Those kits ARE the best, so if you want to get them and have a contact in Japan, get those which are the best. This is CATZ's HID website http://www.fet-japan.co.jp/catz/ I can also recommend this Japanese auto store, that also carries them and might be able to provide you with some assistance and is trustworthy www.superautobacs.com. If you want to go with the bluish look on the bulb and the brightest, whitest reflection, get the Galaxy White HID.

Anyways, I got my HID from XenonDepot about 2 years ago and I haven't had any problems with it....but be warned, the ignitors and ballasts will say Phillips, but the bulb does NOT and it seems to be of a cheaper brand (the box of the bulbs looks cheap too)... so that sort of concerned me when I got my HID (I would have gone with CATZ HID if I had known about this). XenonDepot HID are good and bright, but will NEVER be like the CATZ HID!! SO I would try to check the CATZ HID first. By the way, these are pictures of my car with the XenonDepot Philips Ultinon 6000K HID. As you can see they are pretty bright and have a slight blue color in the bulb. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me.
Attached Thumbnails PICS of Aftermarket Front Lights, HID-frente.jpg  
Old 01-26-06, 06:31 AM
loftus112
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Alex350
The BEST HID kit I've ever installed is the CATZ HID (Japanese), it is by far the one with the best quality on the market and is fully manufactured in Japan from high quality components. The only problem with these guys is that they packed up their stuff and left the US in 2002 after the US passed a law stating that aftermarket HID kits were illegal. Those kits ARE the best, so if you want to get them and have a contact in Japan, get those which are the best. This is CATZ's HID website http://www.fet-japan.co.jp/catz/ I can also recommend this Japanese auto store, that also carries them and might be able to provide you with some assistance and is trustworthy www.superautobacs.com. If you want to go with the bluish look on the bulb and the brightest, whitest reflection, get the Galaxy White HID.

Anyways, I got my HID from XenonDepot about 2 years ago and I haven't had any problems with it....but be warned, the ignitors and ballasts will say Phillips, but the bulb does NOT and it seems to be of a cheaper brand (the box of the bulbs looks cheap too)... so that sort of concerned me when I got my HID (I would have gone with CATZ HID if I had known about this). XenonDepot HID are good and bright, but will NEVER be like the CATZ HID!! SO I would try to check the CATZ HID first. By the way, these are pictures of my car with the XenonDepot Philips Ultinon 6000K HID. As you can see they are pretty bright and have a slight blue color in the bulb. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me.
Interesting to say Alex, for your information HIDyanamic is CATZ. They are the same company. If you go to http://www.hidynamic.com, you will see it on the tabs. It also says it somewhere else like in a booklet or something, can't remember where exactly but thats how I know and to look it up.

Also Hameed, if you go to the site, you will see pics of the HIDynamic kit w/ seperate ballast and ignitor box.
Old 01-26-06, 10:16 AM
Alex350
Lexus Test Driver

Interesting to say Alex, for your information HIDyanamic is CATZ. They are the same company. If you go to http://www.hidynamic.com, you will see it on the tabs. It also says it somewhere else like in a booklet or something, can't remember where exactly but thats how I know and to look it up.

Also Hameed, if you go to the site, you will see pics of the HIDynamic kit w/ seperate ballast and ignitor box.

HIDynamic may claim to sell a CATZ kit, but if you contact CATZ directly, they will tell you that they don't sell their kits under any other company's name or product, so although HIDynamic may have a product claiming to be CATZ, in reality it isn't. It's probably just so that people can purchase their product thinking it's the real deal... If you want the best, get the original straight from the manufacturer or through one of its authorized dealers like superautobacs.com. and you won't go wrong
Old 01-26-06, 10:28 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally Posted by Alex350
HIDynamic may claim to sell a CATZ kit, but if you contact CATZ directly, they will tell you that they don't sell their kits under any other company's name or product, so although HIDynamic may have a product claiming to be CATZ, in reality it isn't. It's probably just so that people can purchase their product thinking it's the real deal... If you want the best, get the original straight from the manufacturer or through one of its authorized dealers like superautobacs.com. and you won't go wrong
Being able to read Japanese is not one of my strengths..........

Even using AltaVista's Babel Fish page translator, doesn't help much.

Quick Reply: PICS of Aftermarket Front Lights, HID