IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

PICS of Aftermarket Front Lights, HID

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-06 | 11:45 PM
loftus112
Pole Position

Default PICS of Aftermarket Front Lights, HID

I finally got this picture posted. I got this setup done way back at the end of Nov. but didn't had the chance to post it, so here it is fellows. Tell me what ya'll think. BTW it includes:

- 8000k crystal blue HID, made by HIDynamics
- Bluish purple Wedges running lights
- Clear 9006 fog lights
Attached Thumbnails PICS of Aftermarket Front Lights, HID-temp9.jpg  
Old 01-20-06 | 12:35 AM
IS2Sav
Rookie

its pretty tight, but why did u go with 3 different color lights?
Old 01-20-06 | 12:57 AM
SPEED&ECO.
Lead Lap

thats nice what company are the lights from?
can you get a picture of the cut of from the inside -out?
Old 01-20-06 | 01:07 AM
loftus112
Pole Position

Originally Posted by IS2Sav
its pretty tight, but why did u go with 3 different color lights?

The fog light blubs were meant to be Arctic Blue (as stated in the box made by some company called MAX) but apparently not. They look pretty clear w/ a tiny blue to me. Hence, the 3 color. I'm just gonna wear the fog lights a little more than swap them for another set of crystal blues to match the headlights. So your right Sav, it would look nicer if they match up a little. BTW Speed, the HID kit is made by HIDynamics. Also I'm not quite sure what you meant by cut inside-out. Do you mean pics taken inside of the hood to show the installation of the kit?

Last edited by loftus112; 01-20-06 at 01:12 AM.
Old 01-20-06 | 02:17 AM
IS2Sav
Rookie

anyway your cars nice..
Old 01-20-06 | 10:02 AM
onihc
I heart Honda

I believe SAV meant take a picture of the headlights aimed at a wall from the driver's seat.
Loftus, did you purchase the kit with a seperate igniter, or the one with igniter built into ballast?
Old 01-20-06 | 11:01 AM
teejnut
Lead Lap

How are the HIDs from HIDynamics? Do they include a grommet for the wires?
Old 01-20-06 | 05:36 PM
SPEED&ECO.
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by loftus112
The fog light blubs were meant to be Arctic Blue (as stated in the box made by some company called MAX) but apparently not. They look pretty clear w/ a tiny blue to me. Hence, the 3 color. I'm just gonna wear the fog lights a little more than swap them for another set of crystal blues to match the headlights. So your right Sav, it would look nicer if they match up a little. BTW Speed, the HID kit is made by HIDynamics. Also I'm not quite sure what you meant by cut inside-out. Do you mean pics taken inside of the hood to show the installation of the kit?
no sorry typed it wrong... i meant the cut off of the HID from the inside
like this

'

i want to see the difference between the stock and your aftermarket.
Old 01-21-06 | 05:53 AM
loftus112
Pole Position

The HIDynamics are pretty good. They seem like a high quality lights and do include the grommet and includes a seperate igniter from the ballast. Those are better right, Onihc? And OK Speed, I'll take couple of those pics tomorrow.

Last edited by loftus112; 01-21-06 at 05:59 AM.
Old 01-22-06 | 02:01 AM
dnmukhra
Driver School Candidate

I finally got this picture posted. I got this setup done way back at the end of Nov. but didn't had the chance to post it, so here it is fellows. Tell me what ya'll think. BTW it includes:

- 8000k crystal blue HID, made by HIDynamics
- Bluish purple Wedges running lights
- Clear 9006 fog lights
Loftus, the lights look awesome. I have the same color car like yours and gonna do mine the same way too. I'm thinking of installing 9006 PIAA Xtreme cool blue lights for the fogs.
Old 01-22-06 | 02:11 AM
SPEED&ECO.
Lead Lap

The HIDynamics are pretty good. They seem like a high quality lights and do include the grommet and includes a seperate igniter from the ballast. Those are better right, Onihc? And OK Speed, I'll take couple of those pics tomorrow.

thnx

btw where did you bu the bulbs i might get a pair of these myself they seem pretty good.
Old 01-22-06 | 03:06 AM
loftus112
Pole Position

Originally Posted by dnmukhra
Loftus, the lights look awesome. I have the same color car like yours and gonna do mine the same way too. I'm thinking of installing 9006 PIAA Xtreme cool blue lights for the fogs.
Thanks Dnmukhra. It actually looks much better in person because the running lights look more luxury purple/blue and spans out. Rather than concentrated on top as depicted on the pic. Also good choice on the Fog light bulbs.

BTW Speed, you can get good deals on Ebay (where I got mines) for HIDs or just called around your local shops and compare prices. Also remember to ask them how much do they charge just for installation in case you do decide to get it online.
Old 01-23-06 | 08:04 AM
onihc
I heart Honda

I don't know? Iam still in the market for HID kits. I did see that HIDynamics also carry ballasts with built in igniters. Does anyone know if there is a benefit if the igniter is built into the ballasts? As for HIDynamics, I know a shop that offers full exchange warranty, with labor, for this product for 3 years. You must have them install it though.
thanks
Old 01-23-06 | 08:19 AM
MYIS350
Rookie

Smile

Why did u install the HID kits? Doesn't the new IS have built-in HID already? Please enlighten me!
Old 01-23-06 | 10:21 PM
loftus112
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MYIS350
Why did u install the HID kits? Doesn't the new IS have built-in HID already? Please enlighten me!
The new IS's does't come with HID as standard. You would need to get Sports P or Luxury P to also get HIDs. So by you getting a base IS or a Premium Package 250/350, you get the good-old yellow bulbs.

Also, the HID i got, does come seperate (ballast and ignitior). But hey, 3 yrs warranty is good as long as they will be there to honor it 3 yrs from now or it won't just break right after the warrany period.

Quick Reply: PICS of Aftermarket Front Lights, HID