IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

GFM or White?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-06, 12:14 PM
NjDude
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default GFM or White?

Sorry if I am bringing this topic again, but I am torn between the colors GFM or white. Just called my dealer and he said that they have found a white 250 AWD with cashmere, Lux package and navi. If I want, the car could arrive within 10 days, its on a boat over to NJ.

But it would make me happy if I get the Glacier with the above package. I was told that I would have to wait till almost end of March if I want the GFM. Wow, its very hard to wait, but I guess it would make me happy if I do.

Does anyone has pics of GFM, please share.

Thank you.

Last edited by NjDude; 01-20-06 at 12:44 PM.
Old 01-20-06, 12:41 PM
Chi-town
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NJdude - While both colors are stunning, don't settle for the White because of its availability. Go with your heart...GFM all the way!
Old 01-20-06, 01:16 PM
NjDude
Pole Position

Thank you for your advise, patience may be the virtue here !!!!
Old 01-20-06, 01:21 PM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

better wait for the one that you want... or else you will regreat...

but again.. white one is nice
Old 01-20-06, 01:29 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You can't go wrong with either one, unless you really like one color more than the other. In that case, don't compromise. Go with what you want.

Addendum: My personal opinion, GFM is a better color due to it's unique gloss/shine...

Last edited by PhilipMSPT; 01-20-06 at 02:35 PM.
Old 01-20-06, 01:42 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was also torn between the two colors. I love Crystal white, it's so pure, and beautiful at the same time.

But I decided to do Glacier Frost Mica because it's more exotic.
Old 01-20-06, 01:46 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Crystal white all the way!

btw, didnt we have this thread already?
Old 01-20-06, 03:28 PM
RA010324
Driver

Yeah, I've got white and it's fantastic. Metal flake really makes it stand out. Go for it !!!
Old 01-20-06, 03:32 PM
bem0626
Driver School Candidate

Try to see a Glacier Frost IS in person before you decide on it. I saw many pictures of it and it doesn't look quite the same in person. I think it's an awesome color, but alot of people I showed it to did not like it after seeing it in person. Either CW or GFW is going to look beautiful!
Old 01-20-06, 05:57 PM
tim817
Intermediate

You need to go see GFM in person. I didn't like it when i saw it. Even i did consider to buy that color before.
Old 01-20-06, 06:33 PM
is350
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

i saw a GFM IS350 at the taste of lexus event and i didnt really like it because it was too pearly. i also saw one at the dealer and didnt really like it. but yesterday i saw a GFM GS430 and it doesnt look that bad. just get the color you WANT. i regreted not waiting for the color i wanted for my first car.
Old 01-20-06, 07:06 PM
Tim Currie
Driver School Candidate

Same problem here...... havent seen glacier in person. But this tread sucks with out pictures to compare
Old 01-20-06, 07:39 PM
upbull340
Pole Position

Originally Posted by NjDude
Sorry if I am bringing this topic again, but I am torn between the colors GFM or white. Just called my dealer and he said that they have found a white 250 AWD with cashmere, Lux package and navi. If I want, the car could arrive within 10 days, its on a boat over to NJ.

But it would make me happy if I get the Glacier with the above package. I was told that I would have to wait till almost end of March if I want the GFM. Wow, its very hard to wait, but I guess it would make me happy if I do.

Does anyone has pics of GFM, please share.

Thank you.
It took me two motnhs to decide between black and white or was it white or black. Wait for what you want. Our dealer has a GFM that is going to our car show next week. In my opinion it was not as sharp looking as the white but that is only one opinion. I had a lot of people at work tell me what I should get (white) but while I liked it I really wanted black so that is what I ordered yesterday.

You do have to see the GFM. You can't go wrong with either color. Its really a personal choice. I know waiting is hard. My car doesn't come in until the end of April but its worth the wait.

Good luck.
Old 01-20-06, 07:43 PM
Soda
Pole Position

What does the Glacier Frost Mica look like anyways?? And why does no one have it??
Old 01-21-06, 12:30 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 267 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by Tim Currie
Same problem here...... havent seen glacier in person. But this tread sucks with out pictures to compare
Like movies and TV shows, when it comes to threads the original is usually better than the remake . In this case, https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=188836 has opinions, a poll, and plenty of pictures of both colors.

Originally Posted by is350
i regreted not waiting for the color i wanted for my first car.
On the other hand, I walked into the dealer intendeding to buy a smokey granite mica that they showed as in-stock on their website. That car had been sold, but a crystal white with the same options had just been unloaded from the truck. I saw the metallic flakes of the crystal white gleaming under the lights at night, loved the color, and bought it on the spot. I've had many people compliment me on the color, and don't regret my decision at all.

Quick Reply: GFM or White?