IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

2007 Is 350

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-06, 09:22 PM
BarrettF77
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2007 Is 350

I figured I would start a thread on what we knew would be coming out on the next years model. I am going to be buying one of these as I know for one that Lexus signed a deal with xm radio to do the radio install at factory meaning that there will be fin's on the car. I also know that there will be the new fog lamp kit with Hid's and led;s in the bottom which I really would like. What do you guys think?

Also what other things are you aware of that will be coming out.
Old 01-21-06, 09:07 AM
jlin101
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BarrettF77
I figured I would start a thread on what we knew would be coming out on the next years model. I am going to be buying one of these as I know for one that Lexus signed a deal with xm radio to do the radio install at factory meaning that there will be fin's on the car. I also know that there will be the new fog lamp kit with Hid's and led;s in the bottom which I really would like. What do you guys think?

Also what other things are you aware of that will be coming out.
I don't think there will be any major change on the IS for 2007, being a brand new model. The HID fog lamp is already an available option in Japan, and can be ordered through CarsonToyota now, the only stickler being the price tag--$1400.
Old 01-21-06, 09:33 AM
Lenscap
Driver

Toyota/Lexus did sign a deal for factory-installed XM. However, the factory installs are slated for 2007-08. There is no guarantee the 2007 IS will offer this. It may not be until the 2008s, we simply don't know yet. The all-new 2007 Camry press materials have no mention of XM at all (which really surprises me). I'm very interested to see if the new 2007 ES has factory XM as this may hint at what is in store for the 2007 IS. Right now the only confirmed upcoming Lexus with factory-installed XM is the 2007 LS.

As for the shark fin antenna, that is not a guarantee for 2007 either. If there is no factory XM then there will be no antenna. And even if there is XM, Lexus may use a different antenna system, such as one inside the car. Once again, we simply don't know what will happen.
Old 01-21-06, 09:46 AM
eg6turbo
Rookie

i hope the most important thing they will consider is throwing a 6 spd as an option for the is350...that would be sweet!
Old 01-21-06, 11:58 AM
xravexboix
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by eg6turbo
i hope the most important thing they will consider is throwing a 6 spd as an option for the is350...that would be sweet!
but all 06 IS models are 6 spd ^_^
Old 01-21-06, 01:18 PM
TheRupp
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm interested to see if they do a 'vert... I don't know if that'll be MY 07 (probably 08, that's when the BMW's are supposed to be out) though.

Oh, and IS250 AWD's are going to have repositioned gas pedals
Old 01-21-06, 01:20 PM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

The IS should already have XM or Sirus for its 2006 Model.

The Acura TSX, Accord and even Civic have XM.

Lexus is lagging in this department.
Old 01-21-06, 01:24 PM
TheRupp
Lexus Champion

It's not really an 07 thing, but I'd honestly like to see more voice commands for things other than nav, like climate & radio commands.
Old 01-21-06, 01:42 PM
Kermee
Advanced

Originally Posted by TheRupp
It's not really an 07 thing, but I'd honestly like to see more voice commands for things other than nav, like climate & radio commands.
I'm not sure if you're referring to the Gen5 Nav in the 2006 IS or not. There's plenty of voice commands for climate and radio.

Some of the voice commands available

You can control climate and radio through voice, but I usually use the steering wheel controls for the radio. Unless there's something missing from that list in the link above that you'd like to see in addition.

Cheers,
Kermee
Old 01-21-06, 01:57 PM
TheRupp
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Kermee
I'm not sure if you're referring to the Gen5 Nav in the 2006 IS or not. There's plenty of voice commands for climate and radio.

Some of the voice commands available

You can control climate and radio through voice, but I usually use the steering wheel controls for the radio. Unless there's something missing from that list in the link above that you'd like to see in addition.

Cheers,
Kermee
Climate control i'd like to see would be zones... isn't it dual-zone climate? Or upper vents, lower vents etc... thanks though, there are a ton more than I thought there were
Old 01-21-06, 03:20 PM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

shouldn't we be seeing a coupe version somewhat soon? unveiled at geneva or new york maybe?
Old 01-21-06, 03:52 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The one thing I wish but know will not happen anytime soon or at all with the IS is to have the LCD screen even without nav like the GS does. For those of us that have no navigation option, we also can't get the DVD option even if we have ML.
Old 01-21-06, 04:19 PM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 267 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by gsrthomas
The IS should already have XM or Sirus for its 2006 Model.

The Acura TSX, Accord and even Civic have XM.

Lexus is lagging in this department.
They already offer both XM and Sirius as a dealer (or port) installed option on the '06 models. The module, which should be available by March, is supposedly fully integrated into the existing radio (and navi system, if so equipped). The only "tacked on" aspect is the antenna, which I understand will be a small cube on the rear parcel shelf.
Old 01-21-06, 11:47 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

As the IS in Japan (according to lexus.jp web site in Japanese) has the Sharp plasmacluster ion release air purifier built-in, my guessis that Lexus would "add" it back to the 07' IS especially when they have announced the same technology to be available with the 07' Camry which are equipped with the climate control.
Old 01-22-06, 08:28 PM
BarrettF77
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by AndyL
As the IS in Japan (according to lexus.jp web site in Japanese) has the Sharp plasmacluster ion release air purifier built-in, my guessis that Lexus would "add" it back to the 07' IS especially when they have announced the same technology to be available with the 07' Camry which are equipped with the climate control.

What is this that you are refering to and what is it supposed to do better?

Quick Reply: 2007 Is 350