IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Oh no- check engine light and check VSC

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-09, 08:22 AM
rbrown409
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ta250
How many miles do you have on your car now? If you still have the warranty just take it to the dealer.
33,000...Still under manufacturer's warranty my bad. The reason I thought it wasn't because I got this stupid letter in the mail saying it was expired. I swear 3rd party car warranty companies are crooks...
Old 01-20-09, 09:23 AM
Ta250
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rbrown409
33,000...Still under manufacturer's warranty my bad. The reason I thought it wasn't because I got this stupid letter in the mail saying it was expired. I swear 3rd party car warranty companies are crooks...
I get a bunch of phone calls telling me, my warranty will expire soon. Been getting it since my car was one month old! haha But yeah, just take it to the dealer and let them fix it.
Old 01-20-09, 10:59 AM
plusone
Pole Position

From time to time i have my vsc light come on but i just remove the battery and reset the computer and it goes away.
Old 01-21-09, 08:10 PM
AgBlue
Pole Position

Hey guys and update to my previous post.

I talked to the dealer today, and he had some rather unfortunate news.
They have determined that the transmission is bad and they are going to swap out the entire transmission. This is a first I've heard for this problem. Anyone else ever heard of this?

The only good part of the news is that my car is out of it's basic warranty (i'm at 51902 miles), but i'm still under the transmission warranty so I'm still covered.

I'm worried my car won't ever be the same with a transmission swap. Anyone have any experiences with a transmission swap?
Old 01-23-09, 06:14 PM
AgBlue
Pole Position

Originally Posted by AgBlue

They have determined that the transmission is bad and they are going to swap out the entire transmission. This is a first I've heard for this problem. Anyone else ever heard of this?

The only good part of the news is that my car is out of it's basic warranty (i'm at 51902 miles), but i'm still under the transmission warranty so I'm still covered.

I'm worried my car won't ever be the same with a transmission swap. Anyone have any experiences with a transmission swap?

Update guys,

My car is still not done. Talked to the service rep today, and he says Monday. They did get the new transmission in but not installed yet. I'm also getting the 3 recent recalls done, (fuel lines, power steering, rear brake pin).

I hope all this work doesn't hurt my car any more.
Old 01-23-09, 06:30 PM
johnch
Driver School Candidate

Update guys,

My car is still not done. Talked to the service rep today, and he says Monday. They did get the new transmission in but not installed yet. I'm also getting the 3 recent recalls done, (fuel lines, power steering, rear brake pin).

I hope all this work doesn't hurt my car any more.
Request that they ship the car to Japan to have the work done by competent techs. There are none in the US.
Old 01-23-09, 07:03 PM
Gus738
Driver

Sounds like ALOT of is 350 are having issues, with 06-08.... should this be any concern as im in a undecided choice to get 06-09 is 350...
Old 01-25-09, 10:21 PM
Immaterial
Driver School Candidate

I got the Check VSC/!-sign/swerving car/CEL so I took my IS250 to the dealer yesterday... and the service rep said that my car ran IS-F engine codes....

uhhh... can someone tell me what this means??

It was something about the solenoids A & D? in the transmission.
Old 01-26-09, 12:03 PM
blk250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Immaterial
I got the Check VSC/!-sign/swerving car/CEL so I took my IS250 to the dealer yesterday... and the service rep said that my car ran IS-F engine codes....

uhhh... can someone tell me what this means??

It was something about the solenoids A & D? in the transmission.
how many K miles on your car now?...
Old 01-26-09, 12:06 PM
blk250
Lexus Test Driver

I think, it is great that they are changing the whole trans. for you...maybe it is going better, keep us posted.
Old 01-26-09, 05:47 PM
Immaterial
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by blk250
how many K miles on your car now?...
just about 7.7k now.
i bought it in april....
Old 01-31-09, 09:06 PM
AgBlue
Pole Position

Ok guys, I got my car back earlier last week and this is what they they did.

I got these codes:
P2714 SLT Selanoid for lock up malf.
P0761 Improper Line pressure for SLT
P1138 B1S2 O2 Sensor malf.
They noted " Found trans assembly has failed internally. No forward gears. and O2 sensor has failed."

I also had all 3 recent recalls done. I posted my experience on the recalls post.

All in all, they replaced the sensor for the Check VSC issue. I still have the gas smell in my oil as they didn't change it. I complained about it again, and they said it will evaporate as I drive. I'll have to check it again or see if I'm due for an oil change anyway.

The new transmission and the Power Steering recall made it feel like a whole new car. The transmission was a remanufactured transmission. The service rep says that all replacement transmissions are remanufactured. The gears feel good, and very powerful. No issues thus far. Feels like a whole new car after driving the loaner ES for 2 weeks.

On a side note.. I think one of the pneumatic pistons or something is out on my trunk. My trunk lid seems to fall down much faster now when it's at a 45 degree again. Don't think it was like that before.
Old 01-31-09, 09:14 PM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yikes, all that?
And here I thought my leaking water pump, and fuel line and rear brake dust cover recall were a big deal...
Old 02-12-09, 02:01 AM
Wish
Pole Position

OKy since 3 days I've been getting this VSC mesg with my temp going up and down.. but mostly stuck at hight temp. by the way anyone noticed carking noise in the engine??

I went to the dealer today he told that there is a leakage but till no they didnt figure from where?? as he mention VSC error comes when there is no code of the system for specifec error..
Old 02-12-09, 10:20 AM
blk250
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Immaterial
just about 7.7k now.
i bought it in april....
I would take it in the dealer for diagnose the problem...

Quick Reply: Oh no- check engine light and check VSC