IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Oh no- check engine light and check VSC

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-09, 10:54 AM
Phil888
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mmaniaci
Well picked my car up. When they ran the diagnostics, they came back with fuel to rich. They changed my oil because it was contaminated with raw fuel. Didn't have an answer for me, just said this has been reported with a couple IS's and GS's. Lexus is working on a field fix. For now he said just to let them know if the light comes back on. That is quite annoying to me, spend all this money on a car and didn't get the problem fixed really and the car only has 1000 miles on it and there is a chance that the problem will reoccur and I will be inconvenienced with bringing it back in. Also, while it was there, they did the recall fix on the gas pedal, no mention of an IPOD Oh yeah, it seems to me that the easily scratchable center console ( wood ), has more minor scracthes on it as though they dragged something accross it or wiped it with a ****ty towel. I told them NOT to wash it but I guess they vacumed the inside it. I can't be sure that the scratches were not there before, but I don't think they were I am not very happy

Oh yeah, thought I would mention, he also mentioned that they have seeing some problems with the seat belt and that lexus was working on a fix for that too.

Mike
Well i'm glad the problem was resolve somehow. Hopefully the lights dont pop up again. hmm you mention something about the seat belt problem, I been having that problem with my passenger side. Everytime when someone leaves the seat the seat belt light and beeping sound will continue to beep until I press on the seat like someone's still sitting on it. Do you guys think its common or do I have a defect? Help!!!!
Old 02-16-09, 07:10 PM
orionous
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Immaterial
I got the Check VSC/!-sign/swerving car/CEL so I took my IS250 to the dealer yesterday... and the service rep said that my car ran IS-F engine codes....

uhhh... can someone tell me what this means??

It was something about the solenoids A & D? in the transmission.
I've got the same thing going on with my 2008 IS 250. I was told the A&D solenoids were stuck and not functioning (not able to tell the transmission to switch gears) but the continues to drive fine.

Did you get any sort of resolve with this situation?
Old 04-15-09, 07:48 PM
crapoud
Driver

Same problem but i'm at 55,000 miles. Car seems to be running fine but lights are on. I did just change the hid bulbs. Any suggestions?
Old 05-03-09, 07:55 PM
orionous
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by crapoud
Same problem but i'm at 55,000 miles. Car seems to be running fine but lights are on. I did just change the hid bulbs. Any suggestions?
I'd say just take it to a dealer and have them clear the codes which should turn out the lights (unless you have a code reader then do it yourself). My dealer (the one I bought my car from) seems to think the cause of the warning lights was a fluke.

From what I've seen posted else were on the intertubes this seems to be fairly common. It's been 10,000 miles since I got the VSC warning and my IS is running better than ever. Hope I don't jinx myself saying this. And to think the first dealer was ready to replace a perfectly good transmission based on a few codes an no real mechanical diagnostic work. But if everything is running well with your ride I wouldn't worry about it. I'm sorry I have nothing else to offer you based on my experience since nothing ever really came of the situation.
Old 05-04-09, 01:13 AM
Tchan1
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I had this come on all of a sudden before (twice). All I did was turn the car off. Hold down the trac control button for a couple of secs, let go and then turn on the car. All the lights went away. I don't know if that's truly how you fix it but it went away and haven't come on since.