IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Oh no- check engine light and check VSC

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-06, 12:56 AM
IS2Sav
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So the dealership has to fix the problem if its under warranty right? or Can i return t he car and get another one?
Old 01-26-06, 12:40 PM
yoshi13
Rookie

Originally Posted by IS2Sav
So the dealership has to fix the problem if its under warranty right? or Can i return t he car and get another one?
Yes, the dealership will fix it. I drove my car about 2 days (100+ miles) after the lights came on... and the dealership came back with a leak code, but it was really a faulty gas cap sensor. Just take it to the dealer, get a loaner car, and don't worry about it too much.
Old 01-26-06, 01:06 PM
tqlla3k
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Darn, I thought the problem was isolated to the AWD IS's. I am going to be sad if its a prevalent problem. Does this problem happen to the new GS's?

I have 3300 miles on my 350.
Old 01-26-06, 01:18 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tqlla3k
Darn, I thought the problem was isolated to the AWD IS's. I am going to be sad if its a prevalent problem. Does this problem happen to the new GS's?

The is a post in the GS forum about something similar. It may or may not be the same type of problem. I also had this happen on my wifes RX330. Again, may or may not be the same problem.
Old 01-26-06, 03:07 PM
IS2Sav
Rookie

the dealer told me they had a few IS and GS's come in for the VSC light / CEL problem.

Anyways keep u guys updated they just called me and its not DONE, and they dont know when its gonna be done. They had to call the regional technican for the job! WTF?

keep u guys updated laters
Old 01-26-06, 08:36 PM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

the dealer told me they had a few IS and GS's come in for the VSC light / CEL problem.

Anyways keep u guys updated they just called me and its not DONE, and they dont know when its gonna be done. They had to call the regional technican for the job! WTF?

What dealer is your car at?

Let us know what happens.
Old 01-27-06, 12:17 AM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by tqlla3k

How long have you had your IS? Have you noticed any problems?

I really think those without noticeable problems are jumping the ship here... let's just be patient everyone, honestly IF anything was wrong, could we be with a better or more reliable company?
Old 01-27-06, 12:18 AM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Good luck... our fingers are crossed!
Old 01-28-06, 01:58 AM
IS2Sav
Rookie

ok i got my car back today, they told me NOTHING was wrong with the car and they think its a faulty code or software? i dont see why would the CEL pop out for no reason at all! Do u think that the dealership is shady enough to bypass or disconnect a sensor to read any damages? so that i wont come back? LoL

Not to mention they WASHED my car and it doesnt feel smooth, and i found like some kinda sticky black gunk dots and **** which i had to use my own clothing to wipe it off ! then my center console had a grease spot like some douche bag put a greasy *** burger on it while he was workin on it..

But im happy that the car is back in my garage where it belongs..

Last edited by IS2Sav; 01-28-06 at 02:02 AM.
Old 01-28-06, 03:33 AM
mcfly
Lead Lap

ok i got my car back today, they told me NOTHING was wrong with the car and they think its a faulty code or software? i dont see why would the CEL pop out for no reason at all! Do u think that the dealership is shady enough to bypass or disconnect a sensor to read any damages? so that i wont come back? LoL

Not to mention they WASHED my car and it doesnt feel smooth, and i found like some kinda sticky black gunk dots and **** which i had to use my own clothing to wipe it off ! then my center console had a grease spot like some douche bag put a greasy *** burger on it while he was workin on it..

But im happy that the car is back in my garage where it belongs..

Typical dealer service. I'm hardly surprised.

As to the problem, all they did was reset the ECU to remove the codes (you could have done it yourself... just disconnect the battery). Make sure you get it documented at the least that the car was in due to a CEL and that they were unable to diagnose a problem.... NOT "there was no problem".
Old 01-28-06, 03:37 AM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

As I mentioned in either this one or the other Check engine/VSC thread, that is exactly the same thing the Lexus dealer told me about my wifes RX330 when it threw the check engine/VSC lights. They gave me the car back after doing nothing since they said they did not know what the problem was but to come back if it showed up againg. So far though I have not had it occur again.
Old 01-28-06, 11:22 AM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Well at least the car is working fine for you... but yeah, definitely document or get them to document that they were unable to isolate the actual problem.

Perhaps we could make this a sticky thread? Or just keep it alive so that those with similar problems are reminded to post their experiences?
Old 01-28-06, 03:00 PM
IS2Sav
Rookie

now im starting to t hink thats all they did reset the cpu, or purposely bypassed something so that the cel wont come back..
Lexus dealership blows.... the mechanics dont know jack shiet
Old 01-28-06, 03:01 PM
mcfly
Lead Lap

now im starting to t hink thats all they did reset the cpu, or purposely bypassed something so that the cel wont come back..
Lexus dealership blows.... the mechanics dont know jack shiet
Trust me, they didn't "bypass" anything. The potential for lawsuits in such a case is entirely too likely for them to do something so stupid (assuming it could even be done).
Old 04-05-06, 10:16 PM
linh811
Lead Lap

OK I guess it's my turn, odo JUST turned 1000 miles....

Check engine and VSC lights came on today. The car stalled out AT LEAST 10 times!! Thank god I was in my driveway. It would start and idle for a second or 2 then die. It did this like 10 times then finally stayed running. Anyway the lights are still on. If I have time I'll bring it by the dealer tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Oh no- check engine light and check VSC