IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Oh no- check engine light and check VSC

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-06, 12:47 PM
mcfly
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ahohnstein
Found this posted on my.is. Don't flame me if this is against the rules or something. Just trying to help you guys out. I believe this has to do with the fuel in the oil issue....

http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=289588
Why would we flame you for that? Great find! Now I just wonder if there's a similar TSB for the 350....
Old 04-14-06, 02:48 PM
Tchan1
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a similar problem with my 250. All of a sudden the Check engine light came and check VSC came on. So I called my salesperson to see if she can help me book a early appointment. (she's really cool with me so I called her). Well it happens that she has a 250 too and she was around where i live, so she told me to go meet up with her. So when I met up with her, she knew what was going on since she has the same car. She said that I have to push my traction control button. So she got in my car and started it and push the button and the lights were all gone. I hope that it was just the traction control and not anything major.
Old 04-14-06, 04:42 PM
IS350Sport
Rookie

Originally Posted by ES3
Geesh, this stinks, so does this mean we'll CONSTANTLY have to go back for new oxygen sensors? Or is the original factory sensor the only bad one and replacements are supposed to be improved? Wonder how much this would run, outside of warranty?
Funny, I asked the same question. I was told its a new revision, just got to wait and see.
Old 04-15-06, 11:42 AM
loftus112
Pole Position

Man... My VSC, check engine, and traction control light went off this morning. What's going on. Could it be the Oil and fuel mixture or I have a faulty O2 sensor too? I weed-out the possiblities of my fuel cap cause its nicely tight/shut. BTW, I have a IS 250 w/ a little over 5.5k miles. Any other ideas that my cause this type of problem??
Old 04-15-06, 12:20 PM
IS350Sport
Rookie

Originally Posted by loftus112
Man... My VSC, check engine, and traction control light went off this morning. What's going on. Could it be the Oil and fuel mixture or I have a faulty O2 sensor too? I weed-out the possiblities of my fuel cap cause its nicely tight/shut. BTW, I have a IS 250 w/ a little over 5.5k miles. Any other ideas that my cause this type of problem??
Same warnings I had with my bad O2 sensor. Sorry about the news, I have no more ideas to give. The best advice I can give you is take your car in and change oil & filter afterwards just to be safe I did.
Old 04-15-06, 11:01 PM
loftus112
Pole Position

Originally Posted by IS350Sport
Same warnings I had with my bad O2 sensor. Sorry about the news, I have no more ideas to give. The best advice I can give you is take your car in and change oil & filter afterwards just to be safe I did.
Thanks, I'll do that first thing on Monday. So do they have to replace your O2 sensor part or just an oil change for the fix?
Old 04-16-06, 12:17 AM
IS350Sport
Rookie

Thanks, I'll do that first thing on Monday. So do they have to replace your O2 sensor part or just an oil change for the fix?
Yes! they replaced the O2 sensor it was cracked it fixed the problem. I just changed the oil on my own because I just got paranoid. Alot of IS250 owners with gas in the oil and they had some of the same warning lights as I. But you have the same warning lights like I had,its probably just the O2 sensor but you'll never know. When you take it in have them check the oil.
Old 04-16-06, 10:29 AM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is there an 02 sensor check that can be performed regardless of a check engine light? My car is in for the alignment fix right now, I wonder if I should have them check that out as well for preventative maintenance?
Old 04-16-06, 03:06 PM
IS350Sport
Rookie

Originally Posted by ES3
Is there an 02 sensor check that can be performed regardless of a check engine light? My car is in for the alignment fix right now, I wonder if I should have them check that out as well for preventative maintenance?
Good idea! I would be surprised if they will but you'll never know. Keep us updated if they checked that out for you.
Old 04-16-06, 10:52 PM
loftus112
Pole Position

Originally Posted by IS350Sport
Yes! they replaced the O2 sensor it was cracked it fixed the problem. I just changed the oil on my own because I just got paranoid. Alot of IS250 owners with gas in the oil and they had some of the same warning lights as I. But you have the same warning lights like I had,its probably just the O2 sensor but you'll never know. When you take it in have them check the oil.
Thanks again for the info.
Old 04-22-06, 03:32 PM
Singha
Driver School Candidate

same problem just occured on my IS 350 that i've had since Novemeber(12K miles on it). Seeing the senior tech wasnt on duty they decided to keep my car and give me a brand new IS 250 AWD as a loaner.

Hopefully its the same key problem and can be fixed quickly until then i'm going rack up 70-85 miles a day going to work on the loaner car
Old 04-22-06, 04:21 PM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Good luck! Let us know if it's the 02 sensor.. and what other issues popped up?
Old 04-23-06, 12:01 AM
loftus112
Pole Position

They replaced my 02 sensor on Friday for the fix of VSC error. What was suprising to me was that, my service advisor at Longo Lexus told me that this was his first time he heard about this problem on the new IS's and he's been there for quite some time. Anyone purchased from Longo Lexus and had VSC issue and needed the 02 sensor replaced?

My next visit with them would be to have them fix the aligment problem, veers to the right and the seatbeat issue. They need to replace the bushing to fix the aligment problem. So IS owners, you guys should get these done too.
Old 04-23-06, 01:04 AM
ES3
Lexus Champion

They replaced my 02 sensor on Friday for the fix of VSC error. What was suprising to me was that, my service advisor at Longo Lexus told me that this was his first time he heard about this problem on the new IS's and he's been there for quite some time. Anyone purchased from Longo Lexus and had VSC issue and needed the 02 sensor replaced?

My next visit with them would be to have them fix the aligment problem, veers to the right and the seatbeat issue. They need to replace the bushing to fix the aligment problem. So IS owners, you guys should get these done too.
Can you clarify anything further about the bushing? Where did you hear that was the culprit? I'm taking my car back Friday for the 2nd time to fix alignment, they said it was in specs, but the thing still pulls right slightly...???
Old 04-23-06, 05:31 AM
loftus112
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ES3
Can you clarify anything further about the bushing? Where did you hear that was the culprit? I'm taking my car back Friday for the 2nd time to fix alignment, they said it was in specs, but the thing still pulls right slightly...???
There are 3 types of people whom can have the alignment problem.

1. The people that pulls to the left (Requires tires replacement)

2. All is well after alignment adjustments by the dealer.

3. Last, the people that got alignments but still veers to the right. (Needs to replace the bushing where the axle and struts are.)

ES3, if they claimed that its within specs, they're lying to you. I was told by my advisor that after doing alignment, it still had an alignment issue so they gonna have to order the part.

Quick Reply: Oh no- check engine light and check VSC