IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Oh no- check engine light and check VSC

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-06 | 08:55 AM
mikewpu04
Driver

Default Anyone not have this problem yet? lol

Seems like a lot of IS250/350 owners are coming up with this problem. I wonder if it was in the first batch of cars or in a certain region. Seems like most people are from CA or the west with this problem... anyone from other areas or bought the car very recently?
Old 04-23-06 | 10:20 AM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by loftus112
3. Last, the people that got alignments but still veers to the right. (Needs to replace the bushing where the axle and struts are.)

ES3, if they claimed that its within specs, they're lying to you. I was told by my advisor that after doing alignment, it still had an alignment issue so they gonna have to order the part.
Okay, I'll ask them about the bushing replacement... (do they replace bushings on both sides the right and left front sides of the car? At all 4 wheels? Is it that the bushings were damaged or just factory defective?

They did give me a printout of the specs and showed where my car now is. (within specs) They told me that ALL cars pull a little to the right in the U.S. for safety reasons---to veer AWAY from traffic. Again, it's not major, but after about 5 seconds of driving I'm starting to go into the other lane.

Originally Posted by mikewpu04
Seems like a lot of IS250/350 owners are coming up with this problem. I wonder if it was in the first batch of cars or in a certain region. Seems like most people are from CA or the west with this problem... anyone from other areas or bought the car very recently?
Not a recent purchase, got mine 12-23-05, in the Midwest, fyi.
Old 04-23-06 | 02:30 PM
KuyaPatz
Pit Crew

wow this is the most interesting thread i've read on CL. im planning on buying an IS350, but now i feel a little apprehensive. If these problems happen to me theres a fix for all of them right (and its free too right?)? or is everyone still waiting for lexus to come up with a fix?
Old 04-23-06 | 03:15 PM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by KuyaPatz
wow this is the most interesting thread i've read on CL. im planning on buying an IS350, but now i feel a little apprehensive. If these problems happen to me theres a fix for all of them right (and its free too right?)? or is everyone still waiting for lexus to come up with a fix?
Well we shouldn't scare you away, because MANY of us have not have ANY problems with our new car. Still, to answer your questions, yes, of course everything will be covered free of charge until the problem is fixed... and knowing Lexus' outlook, this problem will be covered well beyond the 7 year 70,000mile powertrain warranty, should it exist at that point.
Old 04-24-06 | 07:56 AM
Singha
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by KuyaPatz

It's a small problem(right now) in my view, and is bound to happen with buying a new first year car. Overall the car is great and if i had to do it again i would..maybe wait for the ML package but i couldnt wait i needed my 350 then.

mikewpu04
I've had my car since November and I live in MAss so its not only Cali owners. Maybe first batch oweners though.

Update:
Called the dealer ship they stated there might be something wrong with my emissions and my fuel cap...that doesnt make sense to me. People were stating that there was a problem with the O2 sensors, so your guess is as good as mine. I'm waiting for them to call back to see if they found anything else, then i'll grill them for some more info
Old 04-24-06 | 03:22 PM
2Fast0
Driver School Candidate

I wonder if this has to do with the way u guys broke in ur cars. So for those who is experiencing this problem, did u properly break in ur vehicle according to the manual??
Old 04-24-06 | 07:01 PM
loftus112
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 2Fast0
I wonder if this has to do with the way u guys broke in ur cars. So for those who is experiencing this problem, did u properly break in ur vehicle according to the manual??
I properly broke in my car. I drove normal until after 1.5k +.
Old 04-24-06 | 09:45 PM
IS350Sport
Rookie

Originally Posted by 2Fast0
I properly broke in my car as stated in the owner's manual on page 84. My car came in on the second allocation that Lexus of Portland received in mid January. Just the bad O2 sensor so far.
Old 04-24-06 | 11:46 PM
Kamikaze2b
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by IS350Sport
I properly broke in my car as stated in the owner's manual on page 84. My car came in on the second allocation that Lexus of Portland received in mid January. Just the bad O2 sensor so far.

I bought my 350 here in Oregon at the end of Jan. So far I haven't had a single problem.
Old 04-24-06 | 11:51 PM
linh811
Lead Lap

Ok got my car back on Friday. Tech said a "faulty injector" was replaced and that this was a "freak" problem. Car hasn't died since, but the CEL came on again last night. It was gone this morning, I'm taking the car back again this Friday for the seatbelt recall. Don't mind it much, they usually have a GS300 for me to thrash
Old 04-25-06 | 09:18 AM
mikewpu04
Driver

Originally Posted by linh811
Ok got my car back on Friday. Tech said a "faulty injector" was replaced and that this was a "freak" problem. Car hasn't died since, but the CEL came on again last night. It was gone this morning, I'm taking the car back again this Friday for the seatbelt recall. Don't mind it much, they usually have a GS300 for me to thrash
Seems like the fault injector reason is bull also. Here are the explanations we;ve seen:

1. Faulty O2 sensor
2. Engine misfire
3. Engine mix too rich
4. Fauly injectior
5. Gas cap sensor

The only one that seems to make much sense is the O2 sensor. I'm no mechanic, but wow this is such a bizarre problem!

Old 04-26-06 | 05:15 AM
Singha
Driver School Candidate

Gas cap sensor here too.

It seems if theres one slight problem several flags go off. The dealer did warn me about this when i bought the car, so I was warned. The problems reported so far dont sound that critical.
Old 06-09-06 | 05:09 PM
2fity
Driver School Candidate

Default me too!

My VSC, check engine, and traction control light went on yesterday. I have Is250 with 9000 miles on it. i'm taking it to the dealer tomorow.
Old 07-07-06 | 11:43 AM
sirCharles
Lead Lap

Default Mine came on last week and is still on...Nalley Lexus stinks

I had a couple of 10'' subs and an amp installed at circuitcity a couple of weeks ago. A few days later my 3 light sequnce came on as well. I cannot confirm nor deny that is related to the system install...neither can the dealer.

Nalley is Atlanta has no idea what the issue is. They have replaced the O2 sensor, reset codes, disconnected battery and still VSC the lights come on. Now that it is the weekend, they will not be taking another look at it until Monday. I am so freakin upset because they have stuck me in a loaner 250. It has no power at all. Only thing nice is the Breakwater Blue color. Other than that the 250 has me bitter. 7500 miles on my new 350...this is a shame. Service really sucksat Nalley.
Old 07-07-06 | 12:48 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by loftus112
There are 3 types of people whom can have the alignment problem.

1. The people that pulls to the left (Requires tires replacement)

2. All is well after alignment adjustments by the dealer.

3. Last, the people that got alignments but still veers to the right. (Needs to replace the bushing where the axle and struts are.)

ES3, if they claimed that its within specs, they're lying to you. I was told by my advisor that after doing alignment, it still had an alignment issue so they gonna have to order the part.
depending on how much it pulls... It might be the road only.

Quick Reply: Oh no- check engine light and check VSC