IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Guess what happen after a long wait for a Matador Red Sport Package

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-06, 06:30 PM
IS 350
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Guess what happen after a long wait for a Matador Red Sport Package

a salesman called me today and asked me if i am still interested on the IS 350, I told him I only want a Matador Red w/ Sport Package, guess what he told me, he told me that Matador Red don't come with Sport Package and the Sport Package only come with Black Onyx and Tungsten Pearl, is this true?
Old 01-24-06, 06:46 PM
tjp
Rookie

Default Nah, that isn't right

I have a co-worker that placed an order for that exact same combination (red with sports package). His order went through fine.
I think they just want to try talking you into getting something they already have in stock.
Old 01-24-06, 06:51 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by IS 350
a salesman called me today and asked me if i am still interested on the IS 350, I told him I only want a Matador Red w/ Sport Package, guess what he told me, he told me that Matador Red don't come with Sport Package and the Sport Package only come with Black Onyx and Tungsten Pearl, is this true?
They probably aren't building them in the regular allocations with that combination. But that's not stopping you from special ordering it.
Old 01-24-06, 06:53 PM
iasc300
Lexus Champion

it all depends on how much you want to spend- its up to you
Old 01-24-06, 06:57 PM
iasc300
Lexus Champion

The following package(s) may currently be available for your Lexus. The package you select may determine the color choices and accessory options that are available to you. If you don't see a specific package listed, please ask your local Lexus dealer for more details.

Premium Package with Additional Option $2,010.00

Premium Package with Auburn bird's-eye maple interior trim, Perforated leather-trimmed interior, Heated and ventilated front seats.
Additional Option:
- 18-in Alloy Wheels with Summer Tires

Premium Package with Additional Options $2,204.00

Premium Package with Auburn bird's-eye maple interior trim, Perforated leather-trimmed interior, Heated and ventilated front seats.
Additional Options:
- Preferred Accessory Package (includes Cargo net, Trunk mat and Wheel locks)

Premium Package with Additional Options $2,299.00

Additional Options:
- All-weather floor mats

Luxury Package with 18-in wheels with Additional Options $8,705.00

Luxury Package with 18-in wheels includes Auburn bird's-eye maple interior trim, Perforated leather-trimmed interior, Power tilt-and-telescopic steering column, Lexus Memory System for power driver's seat (except lumbar) outside mirrors and steering wheel, Heated and ventilated front seats, Illuminated doorsill scuff plates, Power rear-window sunshade, Rain-sensing intermittent windshield wipers with mist cycle, Electrochromic (auto-dimming) outside mirrors with auto tilt-down in reverse, Bi-xenon High Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps, Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS), and 18-in alloy wheels.
Additional Options:
- Navigation System/Mark Levinson® Premium Audio System Package
- Intuitive Parking Assist

Luxury Package with 18-in wheels with Additional Options $8,899.00

Luxury Package with 18-in wheels includes Auburn bird's-eye maple interior trim, Perforated leather-trimmed interior, Power tilt-and-telescopic steering column, Lexus Memory System for power driver's seat (except lumbar) outside mirrors and steering wheel, Heated and ventilated front seats, Illuminated doorsill scuff plates, Power rear-window sunshade, Rain-sensing intermittent windshield wipers with mist cycle, Electrochromic (auto-dimming) outside mirrors with auto tilt-down in reverse, Bi-xenon High Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps, Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS), and 18-in alloy wheels.
Additional Options:

Luxury Package with 18-in wheels with Additional Options $8,994.00

Additional Options:
- All-weather floor mats

what package is the sports i dont see it - anywho you can choose matador red with everyone of these combos- i would make my car on the website with mat. red and bring it into the dealership and say --------------hum wierd
Old 01-24-06, 07:29 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by iasc300
it all depends on how much you want to spend- its up to you
It's not up to how much you want to spend, more like how long you want to wait.
Old 01-24-06, 09:01 PM
NotFatBoy
Pole Position

not true. think about it... how is the sport pack dependent upon the color of the car? that makes no sense. i have a smokey granite mica, sport, nav, ml, pa arriving in the port tomorrow
Old 01-24-06, 09:29 PM
IS 350
Driver School Candidate

well, I work in Toyota Motor Manufactory Plant, and our plant build Tacoma, I know there is some color that will never get TRD Sport package, even you special order it, but the salesman said if I special order it, i should get the Red w/ Sport, only problem is i may have to wait another 4 months
Old 01-24-06, 09:32 PM
Lexustom
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't compromise and settle for anything less than exactly what you want. IMO. And never believe the dealership. Well, maybe almost never.
Old 01-24-06, 09:48 PM
Lupin5
Driver

The daeler is giving you the run around. He just wants you to get what they already have. The dealer told me if I want to special order a car I can get if anyway I want. You will just have to play the waiting game. Which kinda suxs, but you get want you want.
Old 01-24-06, 10:43 PM
Redpaste
Lead Lap

The salesman is lieing to you!!!! I just put down an order for a Black IS 350. I was contemplating the Matador Red. It took me a couple minutes to decide, I asked him which color would most likely be available sooner; he stated that he did not know or could ever know, but I could choose any color with the Sports or Luxury package. He did say though I would have to wait longer if I wanted specific options. For example, Only getting the sports package, navi but no ML or PA. He said Lexus is basically making them either fully loaded or stripped. No in-betweens. Don't know if the last part is true or not, but seems to make sense. The demand for a fully loaded IS is outstripping supply. Check e-bay, there are IS350's for sale, but they are the bare bones ones. Hope this helps.
Old 01-24-06, 10:45 PM
Jhoo
Rookie

Unfortunately when I went to order my car I was told the sports package was only available at that time in Tungsten, SGM and Black. I did not hear this from a dealer because my order was processed internally on a family purchase. My first choice was White w/sport package however they were not producing at that time. I was not told how long the wait would be, I needed a car and my 2nd choice was SGM and they were able to pull one from the allocation for me.. I was not told how long the special order would take, but then again I took door number two, which I love now. Short end of the deal is, NO the dealer is probably not lying to you.
Old 01-25-06, 05:45 AM
dnszoom
Pole Position

Too bad that you're in CA.

There's one sitting at Ken Shaw Lexus in Toronto. It won't sell (but the dealership won't trade it away to another dealer)! They have plenty of special orders and deposits on other colour combos but this one just hasn't moved.

If anyone is interested as for James Chung - exceptional service.

It's red with the Sport Package - looks so sharp in the showroom.
Old 01-25-06, 07:12 AM
Tony1
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why don't you just call other dealerships in your area and ask them?