IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Pics of headlamp washers?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-06, 12:54 PM
Langdell
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pics of headlamp washers?

O.K., this is a dorky question, but does anyone happen to have pics showing the headlamp washers? Long story short, I have reserved an IS350 that happens to be coming with headlamp washers. I don't want or need them, but there you are. And I'm curious how they actually look because I can't find any pics showing them. Hope they are not as hideous as I'm imagining.
Old 01-25-06, 01:05 PM
mcfly
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Langdell
O.K., this is a dorky question, but does anyone happen to have pics showing the headlamp washers? Long story short, I have reserved an IS350 that happens to be coming with headlamp washers. I don't want or need them, but there you are. And I'm curious how they actually look because I can't find any pics showing them. Hope they are not as hideous as I'm imagining.
Relax. You can't see anything when they're not in use, they recess into the bumper.
Old 01-25-06, 01:14 PM
Langdell
Driver

Originally Posted by heffergm
Relax. You can't see anything when they're not in use, they recess into the bumper.
Cool! Thanks for that info. It sets my mind at ease because I think the headlights are one of the coolest looking parts of a very cool car.
Old 01-25-06, 01:22 PM
Kailua250
Driver

Default Here's a head on pic

This is what they look like on my Onyx Blue IS250. It's the bump under the HID light. The Park sensor is below and to the right of that.
Old 01-25-06, 01:46 PM
Langdell
Driver

Originally Posted by Kailua250
This is what they look like on my Onyx Blue IS250. It's the bump under the HID light. The Park sensor is below and to the right of that.
Cool. Thanks. I can certainly live with that. I was imagining more of a miniature windshield-washer thing like I have seen on some Mercedes.

Gorgeous color choice, BTW. I was torn between the Blue Onyx and the Black Onyx. The first one available with my other options is going to be black, so that's what I'm going with.
Old 01-25-06, 02:03 PM
Kailua250
Driver

Oh yea, I know what you mean about the mercedes headlight washers. This just pops up out of the bumper, sprays a high pressure stream of washer fluid at the lights for 1-2 seconds then recesses back down. I used to have a video of it but I deleted it. It was interesting although I don't like to use it because it then leaves streaks of washer fluid on the front of the car. I have no need for them but they came with the car which had the other options I wanted.