IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

OMG... Total BS! (brand new car with check-engine light indicating misfire)

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-06, 02:46 PM
IS2Sav
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OMG... Total BS! (brand new car with check-engine light indicating misfire)

I have a is250 RWD and it only has 200 miles on it, This morning i was backing out and i put it in reverse gear and the Check engine light, VSC, and the car with the skid icon came on. So i then i took it to the dealership and after the diagnostics they said the engine is MISFIRING.. Does anyone else have any check engine lights on or anything? This is an outrage i cant believe my BRAND NEW baby is having problems..

Last edited by IS2Sav; 01-25-06 at 03:01 PM.
Old 01-25-06, 02:51 PM
GSE25
Lead Lap

rwd or the awd?
Maybe you have the same problem as the person in this thread.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=197421
Old 01-25-06, 03:01 PM
IS2Sav
Rookie

sorry its RWD
Old 01-25-06, 03:48 PM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

when i had my camry..for some reason my check engine light came on..so i took it to the dealer and they hooked it up to the computer and they told me nothing was wrong it was just a "random misfire"..and everything was fine after that, they reset it and i never had another problem...hopefully thats all it is and its not the same problem some other people on here were having
Old 01-25-06, 04:02 PM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

misfire is normal but if you misfire enough to cause the check engine light to come on............
Old 01-25-06, 11:30 PM
IS2Sav
Rookie

lets hope so, damn im hella worried about my new car... At least if it was a honda i can tear it down no problem and fix it myself, But all this new stuff i dont know where to start. There was another guy on the board whose engine actually mixed gasoline and oil which is pretty bad.
Old 01-26-06, 12:15 AM
Kamikaze2b
Lead Lap

Well it sucks for sure, but you do have a 4 year warranty and free loaners if they have to keep your car. I'm sure they'll take good care of you. Keep us posted on what they find.
Old 01-26-06, 12:34 AM
IS2Sav
Rookie

Oh my friend i dont have 4 years i have 7 YEARS!! yes i bought extended warranty.. LoL
ill keep u guys posted.
Old 01-26-06, 01:50 AM
loftus112
Pole Position

Thats sucks to hear IS2Sav. I would be **** and yet worried too, especially Only after 200 miles. I think you're the 3rd or 4th person to have VSC error and thats not good. But yea, keep us posted.

Last edited by loftus112; 01-26-06 at 02:01 AM.
Old 01-26-06, 06:33 AM
mmaniaci
Driver School Candidate

Not sure if this is a good or bad thing...but when my lights came on ( see link to other post ) my skid light did NOT come on, I did have a right light with a exclamation make ( ! ) come on. Good luck, hope everything comes out good for you

Mike
Old 01-26-06, 06:38 AM
mcfly
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mmaniaci
Not sure if this is a good or bad thing...but when my lights came on ( see link to other post ) my skid light did NOT come on, I did have a right light with a exclamation make ( ! ) come on. Good luck, hope everything comes out good for you

Mike
Did it look (sorta) like this:

((!))

If so, that's really weird, because the manual says that that warning light, which is for the brakes, is found on Canadian models. The US models idiot light actually says "BRAKE".

Otherwise, the only red warning light with an exclamation point is the master warning light (another brilliantly descriptive name), which looks like a triangle with an exclamation point inside it:

/!\

And FYI, the owners manual says to stop the car immediately if the brake warning light comes on. I'm not entirely sure what it's checking for, the manual doesn't make it terribly obvious.
Old 01-26-06, 06:47 AM
SilverBolt
Driver

Could be worse. Our 2005 Mini Cooper-S was in 7 times within the first 8 months of owning it. Finally bought back as a lemon. Make sure to read your service documentation to insure that it reflects your actual problem. If this does turn into a repeat problem you will need that documentation to pursue a lemon law claim. Hopefully it will not go that far. We learned a valuable lesson with our Mini. The service writer was documenting different problems than what we described. We did not review the paper work each time. When it came to the point of a legal matter it appeared our car had been in for several different problems instead of the same problem multiple times.
Old 01-26-06, 10:27 AM
IS2Sav
Rookie

Originally Posted by mmaniaci

Mike

You name it all of my lights came on CEL, Car skidding icon, little screen on the cluster said check vsc, and t he red exclamation mark came on as well. The sales people told me that there were a few IS and GS that came back wit the VSC light on and it was just simple as resetting the cpu. But the service people told me that my car was actually throw a CEL *check engine light* and when that comes on it throw the VSC light on as well.

SilverBolt: Yeah if it happens again ill be sure to get it on documentation. So the lemon law is that if the car comes back to the dealer multiple times for the same problem they give you a new car?
Old 01-26-06, 02:38 PM
SilverBolt
Driver

Originally Posted by IS2Sav
You name it all of my lights came on CEL, Car skidding icon, little screen on the cluster said check vsc, and t he red exclamation mark came on as well. The sales people told me that there were a few IS and GS that came back wit the VSC light on and it was just simple as resetting the cpu. But the service people told me that my car was actually throw a CEL *check engine light* and when that comes on it throw the VSC light on as well.

SilverBolt: Yeah if it happens again ill be sure to get it on documentation. So the lemon law is that if the car comes back to the dealer multiple times for the same problem they give you a new car?
The lemon laws vary by state but most follow a similar pattern. Usually three times for the same problem that the dealer cannot fix or 30 days out of service (accumulative). Just watch your paperwork to make sure it matches the issues you are having. Hopefully you won't have to deal with any of the above. Minor glitches happen all the time. Don't let it get you down.
Old 01-26-06, 03:04 PM
IS2Sav
Rookie

well heres some more bad news, its not done today just like promised and they had to bring down the regional technician? WTF is it that serious? I WANT ANOTHER IS....

Quick Reply: OMG... Total BS! (brand new car with check-engine light indicating misfire)