IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Special order wait time

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-06, 09:32 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Thanks. I will take some pics tomorrow, or the weekend for sure.

Last edited by TimboIS; 01-26-06 at 09:43 PM.
Old 01-27-06, 06:39 AM
is48track
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TimboIS

congrats. you're where i hope to be in just 4 months.

i know it's early, but do you have any opinion/first impression of the dynamic cruise control?

since it looks like i'm special ordering, it is an option. while it's not something i would imagine using often, any report of first hand experience with it would be welcome - perhaps i'm not seeing the true benefit of it?

but congrats again. glad to know the special order process works.
Old 01-27-06, 07:07 AM
mcfly
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by is48track
TimboIS

congrats. you're where i hope to be in just 4 months.

i know it's early, but do you have any opinion/first impression of the dynamic cruise control?

since it looks like i'm special ordering, it is an option. while it's not something i would imagine using often, any report of first hand experience with it would be welcome - perhaps i'm not seeing the true benefit of it?

but congrats again. glad to know the special order process works.
The benefit is enormous... I would have got it in a second if I had felt like paying for it (which I don't).

It actually makes using cruise control a possibility again. You always end up setting the cruise, then shutting it off when someone slow gets in front of you and there's no way around. With adaptive cruise, it takes care of it for you, and you make the pass as opportunity allows, then speeds back up to your set speed. Fantastic! I do a lot of driving... it was hard to pass on this particular feature.
Old 01-27-06, 07:42 AM
is48track
Driver School Candidate

heffergm

yeah - i can see where it would be useful for long interstate trips, but at the moment i do 95% socal driving (freeway trips aren't generally open enough or long enough to warrant cruise).

that might change in the future, which is why i'm considering the option, especially since it can't be added after purchase.

still, for the daily drive, which would you rather have - adaptive cruise or HID lights?

it seems to me that the HIDs might have more of a real world usefulness for me. but that's why i'm asking about any potential benefits of the dynamic cruise that i'm not seeing.

because it most likely will come down to one or the other for me when ordering.

thanks
Old 01-27-06, 07:51 AM
mcfly
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by is48track
heffergm

yeah - i can see where it would be useful for long interstate trips, but at the moment i do 95% socal driving (freeway trips aren't generally open enough or long enough to warrant cruise).

that might change in the future, which is why i'm considering the option, especially since it can't be added after purchase.

still, for the daily drive, which would you rather have - adaptive cruise or HID lights?

it seems to me that the HIDs might have more of a real world usefulness for me. but that's why i'm asking about any potential benefits of the dynamic cruise that i'm not seeing.

because it most likely will come down to one or the other for me when ordering.

thanks
It all depends entirely on the driving you do...
Old 01-27-06, 10:01 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by heffergm
The benefit is enormous... I would have got it in a second if I had felt like paying for it (which I don't).

It actually makes using cruise control a possibility again. You always end up setting the cruise, then shutting it off when someone slow gets in front of you and there's no way around. With adaptive cruise, it takes care of it for you, and you make the pass as opportunity allows, then speeds back up to your set speed. Fantastic! I do a lot of driving... it was hard to pass on this particular feature.
Plus the front grill looks so much cooler with the PCS.
Old 01-28-06, 09:56 AM
Robnbill
Driver School Candidate

Default Special Order Wait time

We ordered our IS250 AWD Oct 30th from Pohanka in Northern VA. We received a call from the dealer yesterday and it will be in port on Feb 9th and at the Dealer's from 4 to 10 days later.

We can't wait. IS250 AWD, SGM with black interior, Lux, NAV, ML, PA, Headlight Washers. The only things we did not want were the sports package (this will be a daily commute car) and the Radar cruise control (again - this will be in bumper to bumper traffic most of it's life).

We were torn between the BWW 3xi and the IS. We could have had the special order BMW and had it in our garage in 6 weeks, but the reliability through the weight over to the IS.

We liked the two cars equally well for different reasons. The BMW was glued to the road, it took turns like it owned them, the interior was okay, and the dealers were ready to deal.

The IS was sooo much quieter inside, the appointments of the cabin were much nicer. The ride wasn't quite as spectacular as the BMW, but much more confortable and given the comfort (which we were looking for in a commuter car), the fact that the type of driving we would be doing 95% of the time would not have let us enjoyed where the BMW really outpaced the IS, and given the reliability of Lexus, we choose the Lexus. The two factors on the downside of Lexus for us were the fact that none of the Dealers in the DC area would deal and the wait time for the car.

But after speaking with so many of our friends and neighbors about their bad experiences with BMW and others that had nothing but good to say about the Pohanka dealer experience, we ordered the IS.

Now we just have to be patient until the middle of February.

I'll let everyone know once we pick it up.

Last edited by Robnbill; 02-06-06 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 01-28-06, 12:01 PM
Toyota_F1
Pole Position

TimboIS pretty much hit the nail on the head... March would seem about right for you... the 20th is the actual cutoff to get the numbers to japan so you would be about a month behind me... my order went in on Oct 15 and my car is on the train right now and then on the truck to the dealer... Unless the 2 cars special ordered are identical then they likely wouldn't come in at exactly the same time even if they were ordered at the same time... they do batches of options/colors etc so any difference would put them at a different point on the line at the factory... Plus our car is mostly coming out of Tahara (#1 plant in the world, fewest defects per car) but when production there is full up they default to another plant, can't remember which one....
Old 02-06-06, 02:25 PM
250MT
Driver School Candidate

Default Waiting....

I ordered a 250 MT + Luxury package on 12/14 so I expect to get it sometime in April/May.
In the meantime I would like to start getting familiar with the car by reading the user manual. Is there anywere where I can get a copy? The Lexus website has them online but you need to enter the VIN to register.
Old 02-06-06, 03:29 PM
darrelld
Driver

Originally Posted by 250MT
I ordered a 250 MT + Luxury package on 12/14 so I expect to get it sometime in April/May.
In the meantime I would like to start getting familiar with the car by reading the user manual. Is there anywere where I can get a copy? The Lexus website has them online but you need to enter the VIN to register.
http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums...howtopic=25999
Old 02-06-06, 03:53 PM
RaZoRaMoN
Lead Lap

I ordered an IS350 Black on Black, Luxury Pkg with NAVI/ML.

I placed my order 10/31/05 and took delivery this Friday 2/3/06 so a solid 3 months to get it.
Old 02-06-06, 04:06 PM
upbull340
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Toyota_F1
TimboIS pretty much hit the nail on the head... March would seem about right for you... the 20th is the actual cutoff to get the numbers to japan so you would be about a month behind me... my order went in on Oct 15 and my car is on the train right now and then on the truck to the dealer... Unless the 2 cars special ordered are identical then they likely wouldn't come in at exactly the same time even if they were ordered at the same time... they do batches of options/colors etc so any difference would put them at a different point on the line at the factory... Plus our car is mostly coming out of Tahara (#1 plant in the world, fewest defects per car) but when production there is full up they default to another plant, can't remember which one....
That would be the train to the Muncie auto ramp in KC then trucked up to you. Hopefully they will have a full load of autos for the truck driver otherwise the car sits for several days.

I'll be a couple of boats behind you.
Old 02-06-06, 07:29 PM
GreyHound
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Grrrrr. Ordered 10/22/05. Dealer called today, says they can't find anything about the status on my order, or car location or if the thing has even been built. Suppose to call me back tomorrow.
So help me, if they didn't place the order and are trying to do some half-*** match on allocation.
I will .... well, I'll have to find somewhere's else to blow $40k +
Old 02-09-06, 11:28 PM
Lexustom
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

86 days for me from order to driving the car home. I love the car so much it would have been worth waiting twice as long. Well.......maybe. I do feel I was lucky in getting the car as quick as I did. AND the IS sure is a fine automobile.

IS350 with all the stuff.
Old 02-10-06, 06:51 PM
casey225
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GreyHound
Grrrrr. Ordered 10/22/05. Dealer called today, says they can't find anything about the status on my order, or car location or if the thing has even been built. Suppose to call me back tomorrow.
So help me, if they didn't place the order and are trying to do some half-*** match on allocation.
I will .... well, I'll have to find somewhere's else to blow $40k +
Do you mind if I ask which dealer you bought from, in case I need to keep an eye on things? Or better yet, if you bought from a VA dealer, that would probably tell me what I need to know.

Quick Reply: Special order wait time