IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Special order wait time

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-06, 07:12 PM
GreyHound
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Casey225.
we drove to Winston Salem NC, Flow Lexus. I40 Kernerville. They were closest dealer to me here in SW Va..
Its friday now, and no ring back. Assured me they would have news today. Obviously they have lost the order, or are afraid to tell us:
oh, you have wasted 3 months. Guess what? You get to Start over. Isn't that great. Grrrrrr

We printed a pic of a Blue IS350 ,and it on our fridge since OCT 30.
we're so disappointed.
At this time, I cannot recommend them.
Old 02-10-06, 07:27 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by GreyHound
Hey Casey225.
we drove to Winston Salem NC, Flow Lexus. I40 Kernerville. They were closest dealer to me here in SW Va..
Its friday now, and no ring back. Assured me they would have news today. Obviously they have lost the order, or are afraid to tell us:
oh, you have wasted 3 months. Guess what? You get to Start over. Isn't that great. Grrrrrr

we're so disappointed.
So you basically have to start over? That completely sucks. Hopefully they'll do you right when it arrives.

BTW. I got my customer feedback survey today (online version). I gave Lexus an honest evaluation of my experience. Unfortunately the feedback boxes are limited to 2000 characters, so I wasn't able to tell them everything I wanted to. I had to ask for a paper version, so that I could continue. I'm sure you'll have lots of feedback for corp as well
Old 02-10-06, 07:58 PM
casey225
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Casey225.

we're so disappointed.
Thanks, GreyHound.

That was one of the dealers I contacted, but not who I ordered with. My local dealer is probably pretty small compared to most - Kingsport, TN. It's not considered "elite" if that really means anything besides volume of sales. I'm hoping that they will be able to keep a closer eye on things. They will probably never have a 350 hit the lot, due to their smaller allocation, they said every one they've had has been presold before they even get it. Actually, they didn't even have any 250's, but the manager has one and let me test drive his. They did tell me one of their 350 custom orders came in 4 weeks and they were shocked, don't know how it was rigged, though.
Old 02-10-06, 08:13 PM
GreyHound
Pole Position

Hey Casey, you must be pretty close if you're in VA, and went to Kingsport?

Maybe I should have too!

It never popped on the nearest Lexus dealers. Richmond, Winston Salem and Chrleston WVA all showed up. We chose the 'Elite'. Lot of good that did.
Havn't seen any IS350's around here , wanted to be the first one in SWVA, but obviously that's shot to hell.

You tell them TimboIS. I will too if I ever get a IS ! That mercedes guy keeps calling me from Roanoke. special orders there are only 6 week supposedly. Yeah right
Old 02-11-06, 02:59 PM
carlmock
Rookie

I was at the dealer today in Doylestown PA. He told me if I was to special order an IS it would take 90 to 120 days to deliver. This is what lexus is telling their dealers and he is told me they are averaging about 120 days..
Old 02-11-06, 03:02 PM
dfw350
Lead Lap

i heard 4 months is the average time..
Old 02-12-06, 11:46 AM
casey225
Pole Position

Hey Casey, you must be pretty close if you're in VA, and went to Kingsport?

Maybe I should have too!

It never popped on the nearest Lexus dealers. Richmond, Winston Salem and Chrleston WVA all showed up. We chose the 'Elite'. Lot of good that did.
Havn't seen any IS350's around here , wanted to be the first one in SWVA, but obviously that's shot to hell.

You tell them TimboIS. I will too if I ever get a IS ! That mercedes guy keeps calling me from Roanoke. special orders there are only 6 week supposedly. Yeah right
I didn't call Charleston, but I did contact the three in NC, Knoxville, Kingsport and Richmond. Since every dealer gave me the same estimated wait time of "up to 14 weeks", there was no reason for me to drive that far to another dealer, since none of them were willing to discount from MSRP. I didn't know whether Kingsport would be penalized for not being "Elite" status and get its order on lower priority, or, I'm hoping it won't make a difference. FWIW, I have heard that several people from this part of the state have bought from Flow because they got a better deal. I think since Kingsport does smaller volume, they try to compensate by maximizing sale price, figuring most people won't drive that far to another dealer.

BTW, sounds like we could be the charter members of the SWVA IS 350 club
Old 02-12-06, 06:18 PM
GreyHound
Pole Position

BTW, sounds like we could be the charter members of the SWVA IS 350 club
Hey Casey225,
Hope I get to join ! No word on car yesterday. TimboIS was right, they didn't know anything on the saturday. we'll see what monday brings. They keep telling me they didn't forget to order the car, when I ask them directly.
Days keep rolling by.
How much snow you get?
Old 02-12-06, 06:44 PM
casey225
Pole Position

Maybe about 4 inches tops, I'm not in the "higher elevations", some people I know got around 6-8".

Man, I really hope they're not giving you the run around on your order. How bad would that suck!?
Old 02-15-06, 04:22 AM
mkivbadger
Rookie

Default Order Time

Special order on our 350/Lux/ML (no Nav)/18" placed in system 11/18/2005 and just received the VIN# yesterday (2/14) ...Happy Valentine's Day to me! However, still no word on ETP yet...I agree, the waiting, while worth it, is getting very hard!
Old 02-15-06, 04:30 AM
mcfly
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by casey225
Maybe about 4 inches tops, I'm not in the "higher elevations", some people I know got around 6-8".

Man, I really hope they're not giving you the run around on your order. How bad would that suck!?
You must be further south... up here in the mountains we got 18 inches. But unlike all the snow pansies in VA, I'm from New England, so I didn't faint
Old 02-15-06, 05:14 AM
QikSilvr
Driver

I ordered on 11/22.
Dealer called last week to day it had hit the inventory and should be here on or about 2/25.
Old 02-15-06, 07:41 PM
GreyHound
Pole Position

Qiksilver:
which dealer did you order from? In NC ?
if you don't mind me askin?
Thanks
Old 02-15-06, 07:50 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Qiksilver:
which dealer did you order from? In NC ?
if you don't mind me askin?
Thanks
Greyhound, you getting anywhere with your dealer?
Old 02-15-06, 07:50 PM
drck1000
Driver

When I was shopping around, the Lexus dealer stated a 3 month minimum wait for the IS350. I live in Hawaii with one dealership on Oahu and the other on Maui, but they are both under Servco Lexus and share their inventory.

They had numerous IS250's on stock but had only a few IS350's. I think they had a couple without the ML and a couple with the ML. They are selling so well that they couldn't come down from the MSRP and I was going through a friend of the family contact there too!

Sorry to hear that you guys have to wait to get into your rides. Hope the time passes by quickly. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Special order wait time