IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

sirius questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-06, 10:41 PM
integlikew
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DaEvilG
I just called my dealer...and I can get it installed for $150 if I have my own kit. So i'd spend $250 in all if I get it from lexus-parts. My only concern is will it work with the nav. Cause I don't want an extra module in the car.
I was just saying I think his math was a bit off unless im missing something. It will be more then 250 for just the kit alone. Let alone he mentions he can get it installed for 150 if he supplies the kit. I think he met 350.00 total.

So the harness connects the factory navigation to the reciver and antenna supplied in the kit. The reciever in the kit is mounted hidden somewhere in the vechile outta sight right?
Old 03-06-06, 04:35 AM
phish2112
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so even if you get sirius factory installed you have to have them order the parts and it takes a while to come in ?

If that's true I better order mine today. I'm assuming it will work straight through NAV so no extra bulky boxes. I wish they gave you a choice of the triangle on the windshield or the shark fin. possible it will work throught the regualar built in antenna?
Old 03-06-06, 07:29 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 267 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by phish2112
so even if you get sirius factory installed you have to have them order the parts and it takes a while to come in ?

If that's true I better order mine today. I'm assuming it will work straight through NAV so no extra bulky boxes. I wish they gave you a choice of the triangle on the windshield or the shark fin. possible it will work throught the regualar built in antenna?
Sirius is not available factory installed, and probably never will be. From what I understand, if they offer a factory satellite radio option in the 2007 model year it will be XM only. For the current year, once the parts are available they can be installed at the port, the dealership, or by the owner.
Old 03-10-06, 08:28 PM
Bobs SC
Driver

Anyone have a picture of the factory port install of Sirius or XM radio? I am getting it installed in my IS next month when my dealer gets it. I am dying to see how it looks on the car and the display on the Navigation .
Old 03-10-06, 09:29 PM
integlikew
Lead Lap

I have heard so many mixed things on it right now. I dont think anyone has sirius installed on there 350. I just asked my dealer how much to get it installed on my new IS (which will be here on the 26th) and this is what i got.
"as for the sirius I prefer to install xm for $770 or have you wait for the sirius as they are having module problems and are on back order as we have had reception issues and equipment issues with it interfacing in our cars. The Xm we have had no issues with. "

Now first im not going to pay that price. I'll buy it from lexus-parts and install it myself, but what are they chargeing you guys to have it installed? And what fo you guys think about it not being out yet? Thats correct right?
Old 03-10-06, 09:32 PM
Bobs SC
Driver

My dealer told me it was 595. I thought it was pricey but I currently have a portable and its such a pain in the A** that its worth it to me to spend the money.
Old 03-10-06, 09:33 PM
brewkp4
Pole Position

Is it just me or when you guys see the title of this thread do you laugh like I do and think of "serious questions"....maybe I am just weird...
Old 03-10-06, 09:42 PM
integlikew
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Bobs SC
My dealer told me it was 595. I thought it was pricey but I currently have a portable and its such a pain in the A** that its worth it to me to spend the money.
595.00 sounds a lil better. But i know the kits are 299.00 -10% and i can do the install probley less then 1 hour if that. So i dont think ill spend even the 595.00, but they told you its not available yet right? Did they give you a date sirius would be available? Do you have your car now bob or is the portable in another car?
Old 03-10-06, 09:49 PM
Bobs SC
Driver

My car doesnt come in for another week. They told me they are gonna get sirius around the second week of april. I have my portable in another car. I love it I just wish it was in dash.
Old 03-10-06, 09:56 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Just to make u feel a bit better, unless you have a full Nav display unit, you lose most of the info that the portable gives you if you get an in-dash Sirius-ready unit. You wind up with a one-liner for the message display. It is not necessarily better than using your dedicated receiver and getting an aux input adapter to hard wire it in directly. The display and functions of a Sirius receiver like a Starmate Replay are dedicated, easy to read, and more complete.
Old 03-10-06, 09:57 PM
Bobs SC
Driver

I heard that about the indash. What about with the dealers tht shows up on the naviagtion do you get the full display as you would with the portable?
Old 03-10-06, 10:02 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Originally Posted by Bobs SC
I heard that about the indash. What about with the dealers tht shows up on the naviagtion do you get the full display as you would with the portable?
Yes, it is a different format than a portable would be, but pretty much just as complete, maybe more. Since there is much more space on a Nav display, they show artist, title, channel, category, etc., and you may even get more searching functions.
Old 03-10-06, 10:07 PM
Bobs SC
Driver

Wow thats great!! I can't wait till they get this installed
Old 03-10-06, 10:07 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Originally Posted by integlikew
I have heard so many mixed things on it right now. I dont think anyone has sirius installed on there 350. I just asked my dealer how much to get it installed on my new IS (which will be here on the 26th) and this is what i got.
"as for the sirius I prefer to install xm for $770 or have you wait for the sirius as they are having module problems and are on back order as we have had reception issues and equipment issues with it interfacing in our cars. The Xm we have had no issues with. "

Now first im not going to pay that price. I'll buy it from lexus-parts and install it myself, but what are they chargeing you guys to have it installed? And what fo you guys think about it not being out yet? Thats correct right?
Far as I know this is BS. I think this guy has a preference for XM, and/or he is making a higher profit margin on XM installs. Of course he prefers to install XM for $770. That's freakin outrageous. There's no way I'd ever pay that, when for $100 to 150 you can buy a Starmate Replay and aux input adapter and wire it into your stock audio system. Otherwise you're paying the dealer to run antenna wire and power, velcro a receiver unit under your seat or dash, and plug it in to the back of the same radio.
Old 03-10-06, 11:39 PM
integlikew
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by engin_ear
There's no way I'd ever pay that, when for $100 to 150 you can buy a Starmate Replay and aux input adapter and wire it into your stock audio system. Otherwise you're paying the dealer to run antenna wire and power, velcro a receiver unit under your seat or dash, and plug it in to the back of the same radio.
I would never buy a aftermarket add on unit. Im talking factory part here. Big difference. They also dont plug them into the back of the radios or velcro the recievers under the seat. But the install is not my problem. Its if the unit is availible or not. Which unless someone proves other wise its not availible which would make sense why they can install XM but not Sirius.

Quick Reply: sirius questions