IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

sirius questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-06 | 09:17 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Originally Posted by saske
IS250inAZ

Which dealership quoted you that price? I had my IS250 in Chandler Lexus and Scottsdale Lexus. The guy at Scottsdale Lexus told me they don't do XM installs and they prefer Sirius. We I see him next we, I'll see what he's installed more of in the IS250 now!!! Obviously it will be XM since Sirius isn't available. I've had XM since the week it came out.

Sean
My condolences.
Old 05-13-06 | 01:18 AM
tonyxcom
Pole Position

I have my sirius antenna on my dash, as far forward as I could put it, just to the left of the center vent on the dash.

It cuts out way more then I would like, so when I get my Lexus kit I will try it on the backshelf inside of the 3rd brake light. That shoud give me better angles from all directions compared to the front window and shojuldn't cut out as much.

If I can find a decent looking external antenna, I'll drill a hole in my roof.

Anyone know of any aftermarket [permanent mount external antennas?
Old 05-13-06 | 02:41 PM
Bobs SC
Driver

I am hearing the XM integrated radio doesnt display the song and artist. I have a feeling Sirius will be the same way. Now I am really disappointed
Old 05-13-06 | 03:35 PM
conekiller
Lead Lap

There is so much misinformation in this thread I want to puke.

If the XM kit was NOT integrated and was using an FM modulator, I wouldn't be seeing this:

Last edited by conekiller; 05-13-06 at 03:41 PM.
Old 05-13-06 | 03:46 PM
Bobs SC
Driver

Yes you are right if you click on the text icon you can see the music but it doesn't show up without clicking on the icon itself
Old 05-13-06 | 03:47 PM
kenne74
Rookie

I'm also pretty sure the Sirius hook up will look just like the XM and operate the same way. If it would only hurry up and get here getting bored of my ipod.
Old 05-13-06 | 03:51 PM
conekiller
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Bobs SC
Yes you are right if you click on the text icon you can see the music but it doesn't show up without clicking on the icon itself
What's your point? I've seen numerous replies in this thread claiming the dealer XM kit isn't integrated, it uses an FM modulator, blah blah blah. If it used a modulator it wouldn't be displaying channel ID, artist, and song title. And so what if you have to press TEXT to see that? The only time I wouldn't want this screen displayed is if I'm changing to another XM channel...and I've already got my presets stored in the previous screen which shows each channel by name/ID.
Old 05-13-06 | 03:53 PM
Bobs SC
Driver

Can you keep the text field on at all times? So when it switches to the next song it shows it you dont have to keep going in and out of the screen?
Old 05-13-06 | 03:57 PM
conekiller
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Bobs SC
Can you keep the text field on at all times? So when it switches to the next song it shows it you dont have to keep going in and out of the screen?
It will stay on that screen until I tell it to do otherwise.
Old 05-31-06 | 10:28 AM
sdjdguy
Driver School Candidate

Default Sirius delays

I bought my IS350 from Longo Lexus in El Monte, CA last November. I have been waiting for over six months for Sirius, which I was told in November would be available in early 2006. The date was then pushed to the end of May. The dealership has never, once, notified me about any of the delays or done anything to keep me informed. I've had to email and/or call several times, and it always takes major effort on my part to get anything out of anyone there. It seems that the promise of "free Sirius for 9 months" that I heard before I made my purchase vanished into the ether after I drove off the lot.

On May 30, I spoke to someone in the parts department and was told that Sirius will not be available until September! I hope this information is wrong, but the way things have been going, I doubt it. For what it's worth, I also understand that Sirius is not available in the new ES model that just came out.

Am I the only IS buyer who feels like I was misled? I would NOT have bought the car when I did, and perhaps not at all, if I had known I would have to wait even six months, much less a year, to get a satellite radio.
Old 05-31-06 | 01:39 PM
Bryce
Driver School Candidate

Default why there is no Sirius

Ok Toyota and Lexus are using Pioneer for XM and Audiovox for Sirius. Pioneer spent some time and did a lot of research to make the XM work and sound good with the radios. But Audiovox did not. After installing both, the XM kits have metal brackets and good mounting hardware. Unlike the Sirius units are just double stick tape and no anti-rattle foam pieces. If you ever had a chance to compare the two as far as sound, well the Sirius sounds like it’s in a tin can compared to the XM full sound.
Now calm down—this is not XM, Sirius or Lexus fault. This an Audiovox deal, they are the ones who dropped the ball and are causing the hold up.

Now after all that being said. Lexus did put a hold on all Sirius units for 06 IS and all 07 models. Until Autovox gets there act together and can make a product that is worthy of a Lexus. That is why there is no Sirius. And no there is not an ETA. As of now.

And when they are available a normal price should be around 570.00-600.00 installed. If it is higher than that I would just do it your self. (That goes for XM too).
It is very easy. Everything is plug_and_play in the trunk.
Old 05-31-06 | 06:40 PM
sdjdguy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Bryce
Now calm down—this is not XM, Sirius or Lexus fault. This an Audiovox deal, they are the ones who dropped the ball and are causing the hold up.
I disagree. I paid a lot of money to Lexus, not Audiovox, for a car that Lexus told me would have a Sirius satellite radio. So, I don't think I should be asked to "calm down," and I don't think Lexus should be let off the hook. Why are they one of the few manufacturers who can't seem to get satellite radio into their new model (the IS) during the same model year it came out? It's just ridiculous.
Old 05-31-06 | 09:05 PM
zevious
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sdjdguy
I disagree. I paid a lot of money to Lexus, not Audiovox, for a car that Lexus told me would have a Sirius satellite radio. So, I don't think I should be asked to "calm down," and I don't think Lexus should be let off the hook. Why are they one of the few manufacturers who can't seem to get satellite radio into their new model (the IS) during the same model year it came out? It's just ridiculous.
As mentioned previously, Lexus has an exclusive deal with XM. XM IS available right now.

Penske dealerships have a deal with Sirius. Was the dealer that told you it was available with Sirius, a Penske dealer?
Old 05-31-06 | 09:10 PM
sdjdguy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by zevious
As mentioned previously, Lexus has an exclusive deal with XM. XM IS available right now.

Penske dealerships have a deal with Sirius. Was the dealer that told you it was available with Sirius, a Penske dealer?
Yes, it was Longo Lexus in El Monte. Also, I was told by a sales manager (whose name I have) at Longo today that XM is currently NOT available either. If that is incorrect, I'd love to find that out, preferably with some unimpeachable source. This manager was adamant that anyone who said XM is available (it was at a different dealership) is lying to me and that I should report that person to Lexus! I am thoroughly frustrated with car dealers' inability and/or unwillingness to give straight answers.
Old 06-01-06 | 05:19 AM
conekiller
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sdjdguy
Yes, it was Longo Lexus in El Monte. Also, I was told by a sales manager (whose name I have) at Longo today that XM is currently NOT available either. If that is incorrect, I'd love to find that out, preferably with some unimpeachable source. This manager was adamant that anyone who said XM is available (it was at a different dealership) is lying to me and that I should report that person to Lexus! I am thoroughly frustrated with car dealers' inability and/or unwillingness to give straight answers.

Ummm...did you read the whole thread?

Quick Reply: sirius questions