IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Anyone Who has had their IS tinted-please respond asap

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-06, 05:51 PM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ahohnstein
There is a thread either here or at my.is on just that thing; how to get the scuff plates in sync w/ the dome light. Seems they're not plug-n-play so you should check it out. It's pretty easy to understand... has detailed pics on the DIY. Also, put a stop on your credit card payment until the tint is fixed and done right.
i know there was a whole thread on here about the scuff plates..but they wound up hooking them up to the footwell lighting..which means theyre on all the time..i would prefer them to work the way they are supposed to..if the shop cant figure out how to do that then i guess i'll have to have them hooked to the footwell....i'm not too worried about them refunding me if it comes to that...i think they would rather refund me $180 then lose a $2,000 rim sale
Old 01-31-06, 09:35 AM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

here is a closer pic of my tint..this is a pic of the drivers door, byt the edge of it where that plastic trim is...no one elses tint has this untinted line, right??
Attached Thumbnails Anyone Who has had their IS tinted-please respond asap-tint.jpg  
Old 01-31-06, 09:42 AM
tim817
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CaThaFeR
here is a closer pic of my tint..this is a pic of the drivers door, byt the edge of it where that plastic trim is...no one elses tint has this untinted line, right??
I don't think i have that line.
Old 01-31-06, 09:51 AM
Jherb350
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't have a line like that on mine either.
Old 01-31-06, 11:45 AM
Payam
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have that either. I'd take it back to them and make them redo it!!
Old 01-31-06, 11:49 AM
GSE25
Lead Lap

The only untinted portion on my window was the very top at the edge. Also, the topmost part of my rear window doesn't defog when I press the defogger T_T .. so i'm going to bring it to the shop to have it redone, as well as redoing parts that have bubbles.
Old 01-31-06, 12:19 PM
IS350ISFUN
Driver

I did a 35% tint all around and no problem found
Old 01-31-06, 12:58 PM
DaEvilG
Rookie

Originally Posted by IS350ISFUN
I did a 35% tint all around and no problem found
Yep, me 2. I also got a custom visor done. NO PROBLEMS...whatsoever. I had all my panels pulled out and everything. I even got a lifetime warranty too.
Old 01-31-06, 03:09 PM
MLEE4984
Lead Lap

DaEvilG

Where in NY are you located? I want to get mine tinted and I want them to take off the door panels to tint so it will eliminate mistakes while they do it. I am located in NYC so let me know where you did it and how much it cost.

Thanks
-Mike
Old 01-31-06, 03:16 PM
DaEvilG
Rookie

Originally Posted by cbbkrayz
DaEvilG

Where in NY are you located? I want to get mine tinted and I want them to take off the door panels to tint so it will eliminate mistakes while they do it. I am located in NYC so let me know where you did it and how much it cost.

Thanks
-Mike
I am in lower westchester. It ran me $250 for custom visor and all windows including rear to be tinted. As I said he took off ALL panels...which I witnessed myself. I got 35% tints. Took the guy about 8hrs. And he washed my car lol. And the tints are PERFECTLY cut!
Old 01-31-06, 04:05 PM
codex57
Rominl Stalker

Holy crap. THat's a bad tint job. You have a right to be upset.
Old 01-31-06, 04:47 PM
SGT
Lexus Champion

Now that's a bad tint job.
Old 01-31-06, 05:02 PM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

that is just one bad tint. some time when they are busy they might cut it too fast. just bring it back and tell them to take their time. tell them no one else have that problem.
Old 01-31-06, 07:03 PM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Originally Posted by shaolin
that is just one bad tint. some time when they are busy they might cut it too fast. just bring it back and tell them to take their time. tell them no one else have that problem.

and thats only part of it..i also have 2 other doors that are peeling from the bottom..and the tint guy is saying its my fault..that i mustve rolled down the windows too soon..which i didnt, i waited over a week..he's already retinted 2 windows for me (back window had a hughe bubble in the middle, and drivers door was al scratched)..and when i brought it back for a third time he said its my fault..so now i'm waiting for my shop to give me a call and let me know whats going on...at this point..i dont even think i want this guy to touch my car again..i dont need any more problems (i.e. him f'ing up something if he takes the door panels off)..i'm gonna have to go talk to my shop tomorrow...

well thanks for replying everyone..i knew the tint wasnt supposed to look like this..and that our is's can be done perfectly..i just needed some reassurance that i was right...my car is definately going to be retinted..whether its by this guy or another shop i know of...i'll post some pics when its redone correctly
Old 01-31-06, 07:11 PM
SGT
Lexus Champion

and thats only part of it..i also have 2 other doors that are peeling from the bottom..and the tint guy is saying its my fault..that i mustve rolled down the windows too soon..which i didnt, i waited over a week..he's already retinted 2 windows for me (back window had a hughe bubble in the middle, and drivers door was al scratched)..and when i brought it back for a third time he said its my fault..so now i'm waiting for my shop to give me a call and let me know whats going on...at this point..i dont even think i want this guy to touch my car again..i dont need any more problems (i.e. him f'ing up something if he takes the door panels off)..i'm gonna have to go talk to my shop tomorrow...

well thanks for replying everyone..i knew the tint wasnt supposed to look like this..and that our is's can be done perfectly..i just needed some reassurance that i was right...my car is definately going to be retinted..whether its by this guy or another shop i know of...i'll post some pics when its redone correctly
I highly recommend Lorenzo in the Bronx. He does an awesome job and also has experience with the 2IS. In fact, I saw him tinting an IS while I had my GS in there. Check out his website:

http://www.lorenzotintny.com/

His clientele consists of Funk Master Flex of HOT97 as well as other famous people. I personally saw his red mustang in there while my car was getting tinted.

Quick Reply: Anyone Who has had their IS tinted-please respond asap