Anyone Who has had their IS tinted-please respond asap

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-06, 02:42 PM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by car_lost
what was wrong with it this time?
the small panels on the back doors are cut too short..and i'm noticing air bubbles along the defroster strips..and all the doors have small spots all over them too..i had the tint taken off today..and its getting retinted (probably in 5%) tomorrow

crossing my fingers that my detailers tint guy will do a good job..he seemed very knowledgable when he looked at my car yesterday..so we shall see

will update tomorrow after its done
Old 03-15-06, 03:34 PM
xwhite250
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same problem... I wish i had paid the extra money and did it at the dealership. I took it twice and seeing how much the guy struggled with it, I am not taking it back for a third time. The imperfections are very small [even though i am **** about this things]... I will only take it back if I see bubbles. BTW, along with mine, i had 2 of my buddies that did their e90s at the same shop. Theirs came out perfect... so these cars are pretty hard to tint i guess cuz it's hard to reach all the corners... anyways good luck
Old 03-15-06, 03:48 PM
tim817
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xwhite250
I had the same problem... I wish i had paid the extra money and did it at the dealership. I took it twice and seeing how much the guy struggled with it, I am not taking it back for a third time. The imperfections are very small [even though i am **** about this things]... I will only take it back if I see bubbles. BTW, along with mine, i had 2 of my buddies that did their e90s at the same shop. Theirs came out perfect... so these cars are pretty hard to tint i guess cuz it's hard to reach all the corners... anyways good luck
The dealership did my tint and I don't like it. I had to take it back once already and still not satisfy. There're some small bubles on the tint I think dealer don't tint your car, they have a contractor to do it.
Old 03-16-06, 04:00 PM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

well, the new guy tinted my car today (in 5%, i LOVE it)..and it looks pretty awesome i'm very confident that i will not be retinting my car again lol..i'll post some pics when i get a chance
Old 03-16-06, 04:08 PM
Sv.Tequila
Driver

I hope so as well! The 3rd time WOW!

Anyways Cat hows ur Lexus doing so far?

Still waiting for mine to come! But having secong thoughts !
Old 03-16-06, 04:36 PM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

and the 4th time for a couple of the windows! but i love love love my car..i get compliments on it everyday..why r u having second thoughts?
Old 03-16-06, 04:44 PM
Sv.Tequila
Driver

Well since the price for my IS can easily buy either an Infiniti M35 or an FX 35 and I like all 3! Yeah I'm crazy and just settle with the IS lol!

Anyways hope to see ur newly updated pix of ur tints!
Oh how are the ventilated and heated seats btw! Cant wait to use the vents. this summer!
Suave Tequila
Old 03-16-06, 04:48 PM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Originally Posted by Sv.Tequila
Well since the price for my IS can easily buy either an Infiniti M35 or an FX 35 and I like all 3! Yeah I'm crazy and just settle with the IS lol!

Anyways hope to see ur newly updated pix of ur tints!
Oh how are the ventilated and heated seats btw! Cant wait to use the vents. this summer!
Suave Tequila
just get the IS..its the best out of the 3! lol the heated seats are great..havent really tried the ventilated tho what are you going to get on your IS? navi lux etc?
Old 03-16-06, 05:00 PM
Sv.Tequila
Driver

Well my dad isnt talking anymore since he rather thinks I should buy an apartment instead lol! Yeah..... he loves me so much lol!
And I decided to GET IT FULLY LOADED!

I mean Nav,ML,PCS,IPA,Headlamp washers, NO SPOILER, maybe XM radio (undecided),
Glacier Frost Mica with Black interior, and dealer asked for 48K for everything, I put down 11K and currently working in a very good paying job. Yeah I tend to keep this car for 5 years then see what happen then. And if I have the time get newer rims on it. but tint for for sure!
Old 03-16-06, 05:03 PM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Well my dad isnt talking anymore since he rather thinks I should buy an apartment instead lol! Yeah..... he loves me so much lol!
And I decided to GET IT FULLY LOADED!

I mean Nav,ML,PCS,IPA,Headlamp washers, NO SPOILER, maybe XM radio (undecided),
Glacier Frost Mica with Black interior, and dealer asked for 48K for everything, I put down 11K and currently working in a very good paying job. Yeah I tend to keep this car for 5 years then see what happen then. And if I have the time get newer rims on it. but tint for for sure!
so when will it arrive? glacier frost is beautiful in person
Old 03-16-06, 05:05 PM
Sv.Tequila
Driver

Default Question.......

Cat what did you need to do in order to change ur DRL since I want the exact same like the ones you have on dont like the yellow standard ones.
Old 03-16-06, 05:07 PM
Sv.Tequila
Driver

Originally Posted by CaThaFeR
so when will it arrive? glacier frost is beautiful in person
It was either that or White, I've only seen white,silver,blk, and red IS's. The dealer was saying "blah blah blah blah" just so they could see one as well. As for the waiting, actually they havent told me yet. Its all good, mean while I should start saving every penny lol!
Old 03-16-06, 06:04 PM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Cat what did you need to do in order to change ur DRL since I want the exact same like the ones you have on dont like the yellow standard ones.
do you mean the drls or the parking lights? the drls are easy..just like changing a regular bulb..but it was a little tricky to get the drivers side out because its pretty cramped (it even says in the manual that you can change the drls yourself). as for the parking lights i had my shop do them when they put in my hid kit
Old 03-16-06, 06:20 PM
ChrisM910
Driver

my tints have no problem with them at all there 100% of the window and no problems at all, go and change that *****
Old 03-16-06, 06:23 PM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Originally Posted by ChrisM910
my tints have no problem with them at all there 100% of the window and no problems at all, go and change that *****
its already been changed today..5% all around and no gaps

Quick Reply: Anyone Who has had their IS tinted-please respond asap