IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

OK, I tried, here's a pic

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-06, 04:14 PM
upbull340
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexustom
I love these ExactMats. From a company in Texas.
Funny I wanted a Duster 340 back then also. My Mom said the insurance was too high and she wanted me to get the standard Duster. I refused. Think I ended up with the a Toyota Celica ST.

Anyway, love the mats. Can they be ordered from the internet? If not, do you have a phone number and name?

Thanks.
Old 01-29-06, 04:27 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

Congratulations on the new car and thanks for the pics.

The chrome wheels are a nice finishing touch.

Please let us know what you think of the Radar function.

Based on your perfect Duster, you are not going to use the PCS function much.

We had a 74 Duster (slant 6) growing up. I asked my folks to go for the 340 but that idea went nowhere.
Old 01-29-06, 04:43 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,242 Likes on 1,361 Posts

Congrats and beautiful Mopar. My buddy in HS had a Dart 340 Swinger (think it was a 69) that was slightly built with headers and it would move out for a small block. Yours is absolutely stunning condition
Old 01-29-06, 05:02 PM
dnszoom
Pole Position

Love the Duster!

I've been wathcing too many episodes of OVERHAULIN' (and AJ) - all I can think about is stealing it, letting Chip have his way and returing it to you!

Yours chrome wheels on the IS looks sharp!

Last edited by dnszoom; 01-29-06 at 05:12 PM.
Old 01-29-06, 05:06 PM
lamarzocco
Driver School Candidate

Lexustom,

I not too fond of my IS350's stock rims, but your chromed out rims look nice, gives it that depth that the stock rim needs...
Old 01-29-06, 05:08 PM
e-man
Pole Position

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by dnszoom
Love the Duster!

I've been wathcing to many episodes of OVERHAULIN' (and AJ) - all I can think about is stealing it, letting Chip have his way and returing it to you!

Yours chrome wheels on the IS looks sharp!
No offense to all of you Chip Foose fans out there, but I think he would absolutely ruin this Duster if his a-team got their hands on it. In my opinion, and this will come as no surprise to Chuck and a few others, but the beautiful thing about this Duster is that it is bone stock. Chip would take it apart, smooth out the bumpers, eliminate the door handles, lower it, put one-off rims on it, and put a two-tone paint job on it. It would just ruin the car. I love Overhaulin', but there's a part of me that wishes they would do more stock restorations as opposed to unique one-offs. Does anyone else hear what I'm saying here?
Old 01-29-06, 05:39 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by e-man
No offense to all of you Chip Foose fans out there, but I think he would absolutely ruin this Duster if his a-team got their hands on it.
definately wouldn't let them touch that thing. the beauty(and high $ value) of it is that it's all original and mint
Old 01-29-06, 06:00 PM
Lexustom
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckb
definately wouldn't let them touch that thing. the beauty(and high $ value) of it is that it's all original and mint
That is SO true. Much more true than I would have thought just a couple of years ago. Now, when I take it to a car show it is the extreme originality that drives everyone nuts. ( in a good way) And you are so right, thats why it seems to be worth so much.
Old 01-29-06, 06:12 PM
Lexustom
Advanced

Originally Posted by upbull340
Anyway, love the mats. Can they be ordered from the internet? If not, do you have a phone number and name?

Thanks.
The phone # is 888-395-6004. The web site is www.exactmats.com. They are such nice people whoever answers the phone will help. Talk about "Texas hospitality" they seem to have it. I have used them in a number of cars including my C5 and Lexus. They sure did know about the IS 250/350. They asked about AWD cuz there is a difference of course. I was impressed.

Anyhow, I don't work for them, I'm just another happpy customer. Any of you get them, I hope you are as happy as I am.
Old 01-29-06, 06:14 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Great choice and color combo. Congrats on your purchase!
Old 01-29-06, 09:23 PM
Chi-town
Pole Position

Lexustom - Nice, very nice indeed! I love the Plymoth Duster as well.

Those pictures definately allow one to view the beauty of those chrome a little better. Now I need to see them up close and personal; too bad I reside in TN.

Your pictures may have also swayed me into buying a set of those exact mats. The ones that I had in my TL are the worst. Is the rear a runner or a mat? Do the front mats slide around or do they fasten?
Old 01-29-06, 10:03 PM
Lexustom
Advanced

Originally Posted by Chi-town
Lexustom -
Your pictures may have also swayed me into buying a set of those exact mats. The ones that I had in my TL are the worst. Is the rear a runner or a mat? Do the front mats slide around or do they fasten?
The rear passenger mats are indeed mats (not a runner) cut exactly like the factory carpet mats. I just put them (front and back) in on top and they stay perfectly. They also come with clips so that you can clip the clear "exactmat" to the factory carpet mats. I haven't even had to use the clips and they still stay right where placed.

The trunk mat is also an exact fit and does a great job. I'm the kinda guy that wants mats to protect the mats I bought to protect the carpet. THEN I want all my passengers to take off their shoes before entering my hallowed ground. Just kidding. (almost)
Old 01-30-06, 12:15 AM
poley1
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Tom for posting those pics......those rims look great. I will be getting those as well .
Old 01-30-06, 11:06 PM
pwndzzled
Rookie

I like the chrome wheels too... nice. I can't believe you kept the duster for so long and in such great shape. You ARE crazy!
Old 01-31-06, 09:27 AM
tim817
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The White looks really good when the sun hits it. You have great taste on both of the car

Quick Reply: OK, I tried, here's a pic