IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Question re Lexus roadside assistance program

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-06, 05:03 PM
Langdell
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question re Lexus roadside assistance program

My IS350 will be my first Lexus, and I have a dumb question about Lexus roadside assistance. Do you automatically get the roadside assistance program with purchase or do you have to pay extra for it?

Only reason I'm asking here is that the Lexus website leaves it unclear, saying only that the Roadside Assistance Program "is available" to Lexus owners. It does not say it is "available free of charge." Hopefully I'll never need it. That's a big part of why I'm buying a Lexus. But I had to take advantage of roadside assistance on my previous car a couple times within a few months (again, hence the Lexus), so it's on my mind. Plus my first outing with my unknown new car will be a couple-hundred-mile drive home from the dealer, mostly through the middle of nowhere.
Old 01-29-06, 05:08 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You get it with a new car. No extra charge. I cancelled my AAA $51 membership and I reinstated my $8/yrs GECIO emergency road service as backup. My first call to Lexus roadside assistance was a couple of weeks ago when I had a dead battery....AAA came.

this speaks more clearly: http://www.lexus.com/models/warranty...ssistance.html
Old 01-29-06, 05:10 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

http://www.lexus.com/models/warranty...ssistance.html
Old 01-29-06, 06:10 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by Langdell
My IS350 will be my first Lexus, and I have a dumb question about Lexus roadside assistance. Do you automatically get the roadside assistance program with purchase or do you have to pay extra for it?

Only reason I'm asking here is that the Lexus website leaves it unclear, saying only that the Roadside Assistance Program "is available" to Lexus owners. It does not say it is "available free of charge." Hopefully I'll never need it. That's a big part of why I'm buying a Lexus. But I had to take advantage of roadside assistance on my previous car a couple times within a few months (again, hence the Lexus), so it's on my mind. Plus my first outing with my unknown new car will be a couple-hundred-mile drive home from the dealer, mostly through the middle of nowhere.
It's standard with any New Lexus purchase for up to 4 years and unlimited mileage. AAA is usually the contracted source for the roadside assistance.

I'm an AAA employee and from experience, if you are already an AAA member, just keep your basic membership for the travel & savings perks (or if you have Plus or Premier, downgrade it) and use the Lexus roadside assistance whenever in need. Towing with Lexus Roadside is unlimited mileage, so lets say you're a few hundred miles away from home and you want your car to be serviced at your dealership of purchase, they will send it there at your request.
Old 01-29-06, 07:02 PM
Langdell
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the great info., everyone! Good to know.

Originally Posted by kensteele
FYI, this webpage is actually the one I was refering to that leaves things unclear. It literally says the "program . . . is available." That could mean that the program is available to you but you have to pay for it, just like options. It would be more clear if it said the program "is included," or even "roadside assistance [as distinct from the assistance program ] is available".

Last edited by Langdell; 01-29-06 at 07:14 PM.
Old 01-29-06, 07:44 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I see what you are saying. But no one HAS roadside assistance as they travel about day to day. It's only an "available" service to you at that time. When you call for help, THAT'S when it goes from being "available" to "you now have roadside assistance."

Ok, that was a stretch. Probably more likely means they have to option of not making it available at some point in the future or they might do it on a per model or per dealer basis, etc. When you purchased your car, your dealer should have explained all about it to you.