rims for the IS

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-06, 08:51 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by marmont
why volks over other brands?

4teh - thanks for the link man but i dont think Lexus is gona make a manual this year, they are focusing on the younger age group, which my dealer said Lexus thinks that they where brought up on automatics so manuals wouldnt sell as well, so unforuntalty i had to get an auto for my IS250 but i dont realy notice a diffrence tbh
ive always liked their wheels, looks really good high quality, price is reasonable.

If the manual doesnt come I can maybe wait another year my current car is still good, ive been manuals since I was legal to drive, dont want to quit any time soon
Old 02-03-06, 08:57 PM
sajonf
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by marmont
why volks over other brands?

4teh - thanks for the link man but i dont think Lexus is gona make a manual this year, they are focusing on the younger age group, which my dealer said Lexus thinks that they where brought up on automatics so manuals wouldnt sell as well, so unforuntalty i had to get an auto for my IS250 but i dont realy notice a diffrence tbh
I've had Volks on two cars now - GT-C's on my 350Z and these SF Challenges on the IS. They make a real good quality wheel and the price isn't outrageous. They aren't cheap but the price is good for what you get. Personally I think they have the best looking rims out there, at least for my taste. The pictures don't really do them justice - they look awesome in person.
Old 02-04-06, 05:46 AM
huge.eug
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
the new GS430s have nice 5 spoke wheels, havent seen how they look on a IS tho
I actually put my snow tires on a set of new GS430 wheels on my IS350. I'll take and post a few pics once it stops raining/snowing...
Old 02-04-06, 11:48 AM
OneOfOne
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just saw again the rims on the 35th anniverary 350z. I like them. who makes that rim or is there a similar rim available?
Old 02-04-06, 11:53 AM
sajonf
Driver

Originally Posted by digital_b
I just saw again the rims on the 35th anniverary 350z. I like them. who makes that rim or is there a similar rim available?
I think they are made by Ray's Engineering - the same company who makes Volk and Lexion wheels.
Old 02-04-06, 11:58 AM
OneOfOne
Lead Lap

now that you mention it I had seen that in a review of the car last year. I would REALLY appreciate it if someone could point me to a link for that wheel IF it fits the IS.
Old 02-04-06, 12:13 PM
sajonf
Driver

now that you mention it I had seen that in a review of the car last year. I would REALLY appreciate it if someone could point me to a link for that wheel IF it fits the IS.
I don't think they will fit the IS. Since Ray's makes them specifically for the 35th anniv. Z, I doubt they make any fitment other than that of the Z/G35 Coupe. I know the offsets on my Z were something like +22 F and +24 rear which won't work.
Old 02-04-06, 12:20 PM
OneOfOne
Lead Lap

yeah I found a site that actually has them for 469 and in staggered size but if they wont fit you must, uh, quit.

http://stores.implex.net/hubcapsusa/...FNissan%20350Z
Old 02-04-06, 12:28 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

might as well get rays/volk wheels that look similar, 30th anniversary 350Z wheels are a bit plain
Old 02-04-06, 01:44 PM
Chi-town
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sajonf
I just got my Volks today and got them put on before dark so I could snap a few pictures. They are a subtle five star design two piece wheel, not too flashy.
Sajonf - Even though I am not that big a fan of colored rims, I have to say those Volks look nice.

1. Is your IS sport or lux?

2. Are you planning on lowering the IS?
Old 02-04-06, 01:54 PM
sajonf
Driver

Originally Posted by Chi-town
Sajonf - Even though I am not that big a fan of colored rims, I have to say those Volks look nice.

1. Is your IS sport or lux?

2. Are you planning on lowering the IS?
My car has the luxury package. I don't plan to lower the car, I really like it the way it is now. I have never really been a fan of lowered cars and I don't want to mess up the ride.
Old 02-05-06, 08:19 PM
OneOfOne
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sajonf
My car has the luxury package. I don't plan to lower the car, I really like it the way it is now. I have never really been a fan of lowered cars and I don't want to mess up the ride.

amen to that.
Old 02-05-06, 10:13 PM
skpark70
Lexus Champion

Sajonf,
Very nice looking IS you got there....
Love that color.
Old 02-05-06, 10:51 PM
Lexwang07

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

TRD wheels design from Rays Wheel Company! I saw some TRD wheels were cool and price range very good! Mine choices were Tom's Racing, Walds, and TRD.
Old 02-06-06, 06:05 AM
sajonf
Driver

Originally Posted by skpark70
Sajonf,
Very nice looking IS you got there....
Love that color.
Thanks! I'm happy with how the rims turned out.. You never really know what it's going to look like until you get them on.

Quick Reply: rims for the IS