IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models
View Poll Results: Which wheel style do you like best? (you can select more than 1)
A
10.51%
B
7.53%
C
22.07%
D
16.99%
E
7.01%
F
11.56%
G
51.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 571. You may not vote on this poll

Which style of wheel do you like the best?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-06, 01:22 PM
OneOfOne
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wasnt paying attention and picked d. I meant f. its the best looking. g looks like ***.
Old 02-05-06, 05:32 PM
accelerate
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the (G) wheel the best till I saw not no the car, (A) looks best I think know. I dont't know now i'm confused.
Old 02-05-06, 09:04 PM
Alex350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mario1235
Wow!! That was awesome, could you please do that with some other colors? I have yet to see any wheels on a different colored car besides white or black. And could you also list the names of all the different rims? THANKS!!!
Thanks! Just having some fun while I wait for the IS 350 that I ordered in December to get here. I included a list with the names and individual pics of the wheels as well. Let me know what wheels and what color of the IS you would like to see and I'll try to chop some for part II of this thread.
Old 02-06-06, 04:59 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by paeko73
You should have created an "H" choice for "none"....
DITTO

too pimped out for me....
Old 02-06-06, 05:25 AM
NotFatBoy
Pole Position

Obviously C&G. What's there not to like about i-Forged and DPE? Although I dont like the bling finish on the DPEs. Mine would have to be Aluminum with a polished lip on both wheels
Old 02-06-06, 12:39 PM
NotFatBoy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Mario1235
I love the dropstars...The spoke rim is getting kinda old. 20 inch 7 spokes come on 745s all day now. I want something alittle more stand out. Where can i find those rims to buy? Also I would love to see a Matador with some 20's, a Black on some 20's, and a Black/Blue i forget the color name on some 20's....All chrome....And maybe an all white one with 5% tint on some chrome 20's... all with a drop of course...haha. thanks!
i dont see the appeal of chrome. maybe its just a lexus thing... chrome always looks so ghetto. they are heavy as crap too
Old 02-06-06, 01:20 PM
MichealIS3
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by NotFatBoy
i dont see the appeal of chrome. maybe its just a lexus thing... chrome always looks so ghetto. they are heavy as crap too
I don't see how putting on chrome wheels make it look ghetto. It's only the style of the wheels that make them "ghetto". Yes, they're heavy for sure but once again it all depend on the design. The 20s with a simple design will be lighter than a plate-looking, complicated 18s. Why do you think people paying $1,000 to get the stock wheel chrome plated? The wheels will weight the same being chrome too after the plating.
Oh..yeah...since i'm a nice person, I'll post some pic of the non-chrome, high class wheels that you might be interested to have on your grey-old-boring color IS. I was nice not to post these comment on your thread also . Be niceeee...

IMO not my taste but i know you will consider these "high class" non-chrome and light wheel. Good luck
Old 02-06-06, 02:54 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by NotFatBoy
I have to say this. I have chrome maya gr5's and the last thing you or anyone can say about them is they are ghetto. Nothing about me is ghetto. I have no gold teeth. My jewelry is tasteful and classy. My clothes are trendy but tasteful. I speak properly. Please don't associate my wheels with being ghetto. I know you didn't personally think of me when you made your comment but that's what happens when people make unthoughful comments. Chrome has been around before you were born. As a kid I watched 57 chevy's and 62 caddy's gleaming with chrome bumpers and chrome accented wheels. No one called them ghetto. I belive wheels look best when they shine. They don't always have to be chrome but that gives off the best effect. They catch the eye. Another thing. How much more weight is gained with chrome? Do you know? It's probably less than 2 lbs per wheel. How much of a difference is that. Are you racing your car. I sure don't.
Be careful what you say.

Last edited by Ice350; 02-06-06 at 02:57 PM.
Old 02-06-06, 10:56 PM
OneOfOne
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

its ALWAYS the punks who say things like ghetto. thinking everyone online is asian or white so they can get away with the bs they spew. if they said something like that in person with the right ears listening they would get the beat downs they used to get in school. punk asses. your 'code' words mean nothing other than to reveal the fact that youre bigoted and gutless.
Old 02-07-06, 03:24 AM
Alex350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by paeko73
You should have created an "H" choice for "none"....
I know you and several other people did not like any of the wheels on the chops... so what kind of wheels do you guys want to see?? Let me know and I'll try to chop them next time.
Old 02-07-06, 03:27 AM
Alex350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DRIVEN1
I lilke D and G the best. Here is a thought for you though. . .

I think a lot more people will pick the G because it is easier to visualize that rim on most cars. It has straight spokes and is more common. I personally would pick D since not many other people would pick it and when it comes down to a true side by side, I think D will be more aggressive than G. I also think people will say, "Wow, I would not have thought that rim would look so good?"

Either way you go between the two - your set!! Nice job with this post.
Thanks for the feedback!!! Let me know what wheels you would like to see next time, so I can try to chop them as well
Old 02-07-06, 03:31 AM
Alex350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by blacksc400
I would go for NONE, but for what it is on there, G is the only choice.
G is one of my favorites as well. What wheels would you like to see next time??
Old 02-07-06, 03:38 AM
Alex350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by reggiek
Looks like G is winning by a landslide. Are those black overlays in B? I hope not. I like all except A and B.
No, they're no black overlays... however, for those who like them, the company has optional "blades" that you could add to them in chrome or black. I think that they look their best simple and with not much going on...
Old 02-07-06, 04:43 AM
mcfly
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Alex350
Thanks for the feedback!!! Let me know what wheels you would like to see next time, so I can try to chop them as well
BBS's are always slick:

I love Wedsports, though I don't particularly think they work on the Lexus:

Old 02-07-06, 06:16 AM
tim817
Intermediate

MichealIS3, reggiek, Digital_b, Mario1235...
Very well said. I totally agree with you guys

Quick Reply: Which style of wheel do you like the best?