IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Who has Cashmere / Metallic trim?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-06, 05:28 AM
knox_sport
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who has Cashmere / Metallic trim?

Does anyone have Cashmere interior with the metallic trim? Do you have a picture you can post?

I'm considering going with this combo and am unsure about it. I really prefer the wood, but getting it with a manual tranny will take a special order.

Thanks!

Last edited by knox_sport; 02-05-06 at 11:29 AM.
Old 02-05-06, 05:33 AM
mcfly
Lead Lap

It's what I'm getting... I can't stand wood trim in cars, and I love the contrast of the cashmere interior. These images are all pulled from the gallery by the way....

Old 02-05-06, 07:47 AM
Tuxlex
Driver

Same here. Here's one with Nav.
[IMG]bilde.jpg[/IMG]
Attached Thumbnails Who has Cashmere / Metallic trim?-bilde.jpg  
Old 02-06-06, 05:05 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

just a warning guys...cashmere is really tough to keep clean....I saw one at my dealer that had been there 2 days and had scuff marks on the door sills and the carpet was already dirty. IT IS BEAUTIFUL - but I just couldn't deal with keeping it clean.
Old 02-06-06, 05:08 AM
mcfly
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bagwell
just a warning guys...cashmere is really tough to keep clean....I saw one at my dealer that had been there 2 days and had scuff marks on the door sills and the carpet was already dirty. IT IS BEAUTIFUL - but I just couldn't deal with keeping it clean.
That's hardly surprising... my interior is dirty after a single visit to a dealer where no one bothers to wash their grimy hands or kick the dirt off their feet before getting in my car, regardless of the interior color.

Cashmere (tan) isn't that big of a deal to keep clean if you're a generally clean person and you enjoy taking care of the car. Some leather cleaner/conditioner every week and kicking your shoes out before you get in the car works wonders.
Old 02-06-06, 05:51 AM
NjDude
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Cashmere interior with wood. I absolutely love this combination. Yes keeping it clean will require some effort, but if you are careful, then you will be ok. I would advise to get black floor mats tough, they help.
Old 02-09-06, 09:01 PM
knox_sport
Driver

Default decisions...decisions...

After much negotiation, my local dealer offered me $500 shy of what I wanted on my trade...on a Crystal White/Cashmere manual (no premium pkg) that they can get their hands on in a month.

Otherwise, if I special order to get the premium package, they won't give as much on trade (no firm numbers were discussed). And I'll be paying more than I really want.

With the manual, the amount of wood in the console is reduced. But I really wanted that perf leather and vented seats. Argh!

Wish there was one in the NE region, even if it didn't have 18" alloys.
Old 02-10-06, 07:15 AM
brewkp4
Pole Position

Originally Posted by heffergm
That's hardly surprising... my interior is dirty after a single visit to a dealer where no one bothers to wash their grimy hands or kick the dirt off their feet before getting in my car, regardless of the interior color.

Cashmere (tan) isn't that big of a deal to keep clean if you're a generally clean person and you enjoy taking care of the car. Some leather cleaner/conditioner every week and kicking your shoes out before you get in the car works wonders.
Last time I was at the lexus dealership I purchased their cleaner and conditioner (I dont know if that is the best stuff to use, but I bought it anyway.) The guy at the dealership said I should do it every 3 months or so. If it keeps my black leather looking clean and in good condition constantly I would like to do it every week however. Is there a way of using the cleaner or conditioner too much or too often? I want my black leather to always look clean and new (obviously), but I do not want to ruin my leather by treating it too much. That is why I am asking if this is the case.
Old 02-10-06, 09:06 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by brewkp4
Last time I was at the lexus dealership I purchased their cleaner and conditioner (I dont know if that is the best stuff to use, but I bought it anyway.) The guy at the dealership said I should do it every 3 months or so. If it keeps my black leather looking clean and in good condition constantly I would like to do it every week however. Is there a way of using the cleaner or conditioner too much or too often? I want my black leather to always look clean and new (obviously), but I do not want to ruin my leather by treating it too much. That is why I am asking if this is the case.
I don't think you can ruin the leather by treating it too much....as long as its a good quality product you're using.
Old 02-10-06, 09:08 AM
dfw350
Lead Lap

i have that color leather in my maxima and its nothing but painful to keep clean.. black leather all the way
Old 02-10-06, 09:16 AM
mcfly
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by dfw350
i have that color leather in my maxima and its nothing but painful to keep clean.. black leather all the way
Black = boring. For me anyway I've had nothing but black or basically black interiors my whole life. Time for a change. I keep my cars immaculate, and there is rarely if ever food or drink in them, so for me it's not a big deal. I enjoy cleaning for some reason
Old 02-10-06, 10:22 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

I enjoy cleaning for some reason
you must live in soviet russia, because in soviet russia car drives you (fyi simpsons quote)
Old 02-10-06, 10:27 AM
Foxberry
Lead Lap

Black = boring. For me anyway I've had nothing but black or basically black interiors my whole life. Time for a change. I keep my cars immaculate, and there is rarely if ever food or drink in them, so for me it's not a big deal. I enjoy cleaning for some reason
Exact opposite for me...I've had the light cashmere type interiors on all my past cars, so I'm def. bored with that. This is my first with black interior so I really like it. I'd probably have went with the cashmere as well if I had black interiors on past cars as well. I think both look sharp, tho.
Old 02-10-06, 11:19 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

just my .02...

black leather = sporty
cashmere or lite gray leather = classy, luxury
Old 02-10-06, 11:32 AM
jlin101
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bagwell
just my .02...

black leather = sporty
cashmere or lite gray leather = classy, luxury
interesting how people interpret colors differently--I associate black interior with being proper and formal (as in a tuxedo), esp with wood trim. On the other hand, the two-tone cashmere and sterling appear youthful and lighthearted to me.

Quick Reply: Who has Cashmere / Metallic trim?