IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Black car in Seattle... Because...

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-06, 11:14 AM
Lexustom
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

With the arrival of my Crystal White IS this is the first time since 1986 that I've not owned at least one black car. I'm very happy with my choice but when I see your pictures I get a little twinge of "What was I thinking?". You have a very nice car!
Old 02-07-06, 11:20 AM
hppygllmr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like I'll have to post some pics of my new baby to stir up some competition!
Old 02-07-06, 12:23 PM
OneOfOne
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by y2ks2k
All you Seahawks haters better read up on some ESPN. You might not think the Seahawks got robbed but you are in the 15% of the people in this country that dont. Read up on their polls.

seahawks haters? are you kidding? seattle doesnt matter in the overall scheme of things in the nfl. hate to break it to you but theres a reason why casual nfl observers [and quite a few serious fans] cant name many seahawks. its because they dont care. you might as well be tennesee titans fans. your uniforms were obviously designed in the dark. you got your trip to the super bowl. and now you will fade away. just like the titans. as if 100% of the country goes to espn.com
Old 02-07-06, 01:00 PM
Initial B
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by digital_b
seahawks haters? are you kidding? seattle doesnt matter in the overall scheme of things in the nfl. hate to break it to you but theres a reason why casual nfl observers [and quite a few serious fans] cant name many seahawks. its because they dont care. you might as well be tennesee titans fans. your uniforms were obviously designed in the dark. you got your trip to the super bowl. and now you will fade away. just like the titans. as if 100% of the country goes to espn.com
LOL, get em man!

And to the disgruntled Seahawks fans - I understand, but if you've watched any playoff football this year, you know that the refs screwed Pittsburgh over much worse and many more times in the Indy/Denver games than they may have done to Seattle. The difference is that Pittsburgh was able to overcome it.

Both teams played poorly in th SB, but the better team won. Steelers
Old 02-07-06, 01:50 PM
y2ks2k
CL Folding Freak

They are important enough to get you all riled up in this thread enough to post.

H*A*T*E*R
Old 02-07-06, 03:08 PM
Pocketlint
Driver School Candidate

Take it easy on him Digital... sometimes those of us in New England forget how spoiled we are - not every team can win 3 out of the last 5 Super Bowls...(sorry, make that 4 of 6 as of February 2007).

I am sure someday Jerramy Stevens will be in Canton along with Largent - and then there can be TWO Seahawks in the Hall.

Old 02-07-06, 03:10 PM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

looking good
Old 02-07-06, 05:50 PM
Scotty99
Driver

Originally Posted by Scooter24
LOL - Seems like all the Seattle fans are a bit disenchanted. Pittsburgh won the game fair and square.

The Seahawks had numerous opportunities to put the game away in the first quarter and failed to do so.

Bad calls went BOTH ways
This is not the general concensus of 90% of the unbiased sports media journalists. I think Seattle got shafted and I'm a Rams fan. The Zebras f'd up the game pretty good and pittsburgh was given a gift.
Old 02-07-06, 06:32 PM
3erbeatsIS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Kermee
... even after seeing record rainfall the past few months and watching your team lose the Superbowl, there is a rare time the sun does come out.

Today, was one of them...

Full size pictures are available in my CL IS 250 AWD album.

Nice pics, and don't worry if the Hawks are smart they will fire whiner Holmgren. Randel El has ran that play tons of times. He was ill prepared. Lame trying to blame his poor coaching on the Referee's.
Old 02-07-06, 09:56 PM
OneOfOne
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Pocketlint
Take it easy on him Digital... sometimes those of us in New England forget how spoiled we are - not every team can win 3 out of the last 5 Super Bowls...(sorry, make that 4 of 6 as of February 2007).

I am sure someday Jerramy Stevens will be in Canton along with Largent - and then there can be TWO Seahawks in the Hall.

its pretty annoying knowing how the patriots own the steelers in the post season to know that the seahawks were all that was left in the sorry nfc. I really appreciate that the patriots are this good. I never expected them to ever make the bowl and now I have seen them in 5. I am grateful. I just hate the whining. there are at least 4 teams that would have beaten the seahawks. its just that the 4th best got the chance and did so. 4 out of 6? sounds like what I was thinking man. happy to have you on board the patriots bandwagon.
Old 02-07-06, 10:42 PM
AndrewDC
Rookie

The Seahawks were a great team who lost to what ended up being the best team. Yeah, they had an easy conference, but I would have given them a decent chance to win the AFC too, if such was the case.
This is from a life long Bengals fan... yeah, they do exist.
Old 02-08-06, 05:25 AM
TripleL
No Substitute

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Kermee
... even after seeing record rainfall the past few months and watching your team lose the Superbowl, there is a rare time the sun does come out.

Today, was one of them...

Kermee,

The sun is definitely shining brightly on your AWD.... Looking GREAT!

Enjoy,

TripleL
Old 02-08-06, 11:16 AM
Kermee
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hi All!

Thanks for all the comments. I didn't mean to start a huge Superbowl debate. (Seriously, I didn't).

Moving on, I've looked at some of the XM install pictures that the dealers have been doing and seeing the XM antenna being installed just to the right of the 3rd brake light on the shelf. I'm wondering if I should move my XM antenna, which you can see clearly in the rear of the trunk-lid, onto the shelf. Hrm.

Cheers,
Kermee
Old 02-08-06, 09:42 PM
pwndzzled
Rookie

cool man... your IS looks nice. Great color. Have you waxed/sealed it? Sadly, I've only washed mine once since I brought it home months ago—so it looks nothing like that! hehe

I wish I wasn't so slammed right now... I'd love to bring the IS out to take advantage of the temporary dry roads too.
Old 02-09-06, 12:46 PM
OneOfOne
Lead Lap

ok I just have to answer a deluded steeler fan. listen up you, there is one team that owns your team and its the PATRIOTS. period. I agree most patriot fans are front runners but not this one. your team has faced the patriots in playoffs 4 times in the last 10 years and won once 7-6. be happy you got your 'one for the thumb'. but you should also be happy the patriots werent there. no excuses, they lost to the broncos. they were not beaten, they lost. SEE YOU NEXT JANUARY. you will NOT be waving your crying, er, terrible towel when they meet.

Quick Reply: Black car in Seattle... Because...