IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

New buyer questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-06 | 09:25 AM
u2jrmw
Driver School Candidate

Default New buyer questions

Hi, I sent the following email to a dealership but have yet to hear back, perhaps you guys can shed some light.

Greg,

I spoke with you on Saturday about the IS 250 AWD which I also took for a test drive. I was impressed with the car but I have a couple of questions that perhaps you can help me with.

I am a little confused with the options available. When I visit the lexus.com website and try to build the car it offers me the following choice only:

1: Lexus voice-activated DVD Navigation System with Additional Option $2,645.00

Lexus voice-activated DVD Navigation System includes Lexus voice-activated DVD Navigation System with backup camera and Bluetooth® technology, AM/FM radio and CD-changer with 13 speakers.
Additional Option:
- All-weather floor mats

2: Lexus voice-activated DVD Navigation System with Additional Option $2,744.00

Lexus voice-activated DVD Navigation System includes Lexus voice-activated DVD Navigation System with backup camera and Bluetooth® technology, AM/FM radio and CD-changer with 13 speakers.
Additional Option:
- Preferred Accessory Package (includes Cargo net, Trunk mat and Wheel locks)

3: Lexus voice-activated DVD Navigation System with Additional Options $4,949.00

Additional Options:
- Luxury Package

4: Lexus voice-activated DVD Navigation System with Additional Options $5,044.00

Additional Options:
- Luxury Package
- All-weather floor mats

Does this mean I cannot buy the car with the luxury package without also getting navigation?

Could you send me the MSRP for the following configurations if they are possible?

IS 250 AWD
IS 250 AWD with luxury package
IS 250 AWD with nav and luxury

Also I know you mentioned that they are currently in short supply. Do you have any idea when this will change. I do not need to purchase immediately and I would rather wait as I don’t relish the idea of paying MSRP just to be one of the first to get one.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

James Willis
Old 02-07-06 | 09:28 AM
Lem144
Intermediate

You can order the car any way that Lexus allows them to be optioned. What you saw on the website was how they are configuring cars in your region. I was able to order a car not made in my region and get a discount to 3% over invoice.

Hope that helps.

Originally Posted by u2jrmw
Hi, I sent the following email to a dealership but have yet to hear back, perhaps you guys can shed some light.

Greg,

I spoke with you on Saturday about the IS 250 AWD which I also took for a test drive. I was impressed with the car but I have a couple of questions that perhaps you can help me with.

I am a little confused with the options available. When I visit the lexus.com website and try to build the car it offers me the following choice only:

1: Lexus voice-activated DVD Navigation System with Additional Option $2,645.00

Additional Option:
- All-weather floor mats

2: Lexus voice-activated DVD Navigation System with Additional Option $2,744.00

Additional Option:

3: Lexus voice-activated DVD Navigation System with Additional Options $4,949.00

Additional Options:
- Luxury Package

4: Lexus voice-activated DVD Navigation System with Additional Options $5,044.00

Additional Options:
- Luxury Package
- All-weather floor mats

Does this mean I cannot buy the car with the luxury package without also getting navigation?

Could you send me the MSRP for the following configurations if they are possible?

IS 250 AWD
IS 250 AWD with luxury package
IS 250 AWD with nav and luxury

Also I know you mentioned that they are currently in short supply. Do you have any idea when this will change. I do not need to purchase immediately and I would rather wait as I don’t relish the idea of paying MSRP just to be one of the first to get one.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

James Willis
Old 02-07-06 | 09:34 AM
u2jrmw
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the help.

So basically cars on the lot in my area will either be one of the following:

IS250 AWD Nav
IS250 AWD Nav + Luxury

I definately want the luxury package, but whether I want Nav or not depends on how much they start discounting from MSRP. If I can get IS250 AWD with nav and luxury for under 37k I might be tempted.
Old 02-07-06 | 10:02 AM
Lem144
Intermediate

It never hurts to try. And try other dealers too. If one says no, doesnt mean another will as well.

Thanks for the help.

IS250 AWD Nav
IS250 AWD Nav + Luxury

I definately want the luxury package, but whether I want Nav or not depends on how much they start discounting from MSRP. If I can get IS250 AWD with nav and luxury for under 37k I might be tempted.
Old 02-07-06 | 10:04 AM
u2jrmw
Driver School Candidate

I can wait a few months to buy, so my guess is I will make a light effort to see what dealers will do now, and if they don't budge I'll just wait. Or go buy a new A4.
Old 02-07-06 | 11:37 AM
krs71
Rookie

Thanks for the help.

IS250 AWD Nav
IS250 AWD Nav + Luxury

You can get NAV and Lux for around 37 and change, but if your real good you'll get it out the door at that price. The invoice price is around 35K
Old 02-07-06 | 11:52 AM
u2jrmw
Driver School Candidate

I also find it interesting that none of the nav packages in the Chicago area offer the upgraded stereo system.
Old 02-07-06 | 12:25 PM
krs71
Rookie

the ML system is not allotted yet for normal production, only special order
Old 02-07-06 | 12:26 PM
u2jrmw
Driver School Candidate

Ah I see. I think I can live without it anyway.