IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Is ML audio worth the extra $$$?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-06 | 06:43 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

so peopel are saying +1400 for the ML system so you are able to special order the package without getting navigation?
Old 02-09-06 | 06:48 PM
casey225
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CoolWhip
This is almost like asking which is better, the 350 or 250? If you drive both cars like grandma, you will not notice the difference between the two. But once you hit the gas on the 350 the answer is obvious. The same can be said with the ML.

A similar argument can be made against the 350 in saying that stop signs, traffic lights and rush hour are going to get in the way of the 350's performance characteristics and therefore get the 250. It really boils down to what you can afford and/or what you want to spend and of course...personal taste.
Well said . You guys have convinced me to change my mind, I asked my salesman to see if he could get it added onto my order. Hopefully, with a 4 month wait, they can add this onto an order placed within 24 hours ago.
Old 02-09-06 | 06:49 PM
casey225
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
so peopel are saying +1400 for the ML system so you are able to special order the package without getting navigation?
Yes, you can get Nav only, ML only, both or neither.
Old 02-09-06 | 07:53 PM
dmacneill
Rookie

Originally Posted by casey225
Yes, you can get Nav only, ML only, both or neither.
Yes, Casey is right. I have an IS250, which I special ordered with ML and no Nav. It is due to be delivered next week. The cost for the ML by itself is $940.
Old 02-09-06 | 08:01 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

awesome, i really dont see the need for me to get a nav, so glad i dont have to fork over the extra 3k just because i wanted ML
Old 02-10-06 | 06:55 PM
casey225
Pole Position

Originally Posted by dmacneill
Yes, Casey is right. I have an IS250, which I special ordered with ML and no Nav. It is due to be delivered next week. The cost for the ML by itself is $940.
First, there is a new post stating you can no longer get ML only in US, does Lexus even know what you can or cannot get with this car . I have to say, I've been rather disillusioned with such a "premium" company.

Secondly, am I getting totally hosed - my dealer quoted me $1440 for ML "upgrade" while most everyone else is saying $940. Unfortunately, every "local" (within 300 miles) dealer was charging full MSRP on everything, maybe that's the difference.
Old 02-10-06 | 07:35 PM
Rockville
Lexus Test Driver

Default Originally there were two Mark Levinson options...

One came with the DVD head unit and the other did not. Hence the price difference. Now that has been simplified to only the DVD player type. You are not being totally hosed. Lexus made a marketing decision and it is still early in the production year. Another option of this type is Parking Assist. Not available at this time. It may be back later however when supply is worked out. All of the brochure materials say that the options are subject to change. Many special orders were placed in November and many of them will get here in March. These cars can change hands many times because people have a hard time waiting the four months and will buy anything close that comes in sooner. Post the exact configuration you want. The more color choices you have the more chances you have for a matching car in the system. The special orders are all bundled up at the Eastern Region headquarters in Parsippany NJ around the 20th of the month. If you want to make this months batch you have about a week or so left....

Rock
Old 02-10-06 | 07:50 PM
casey225
Pole Position

I have my preferences in at one large dealer and am supposedly "next" on the wait list. However, I figure to get exactly what I want, would be as quick or quicker to order from my local dealer 30 miles away. I had to put down a $1000 NON-refundable deposit before they would place the order. Since none of the other dealers within 300 miles of me would budge even $1 off MSRP, I'm not so sure I want to sacrifice some of my options just to get it a couple of months quicker. If they would knock at least $3000 off MSRP, then I would strongly reconsider, but to drive up to an extra 8-10 hour roundtrip, not get the exact car I want, only to save a month or two--I finally decided it's not worth it, especially since the weather will be crappy here for most of that time. To pay this much for a car, I want it the way I want it, so I'll have to pay the price by waiting what will seem like an eternity
Old 02-10-06 | 08:06 PM
Rockville
Lexus Test Driver

Default Virginia is a big state...

and in the Southern end it crosses over to the Southern Region at the NC border. At the Northern end there are more dealers as there is more population. There are also more cars allocated due to market size. Northern Virginia is in the Eastern Region and so is Va. Beach and Norfolk. Richmond is also in the East. If you (Casey225) are on a waiting list that means that you are getting a normal configuration car. Mark Levinson is not a normal configuration and requires a special order at some point. What exactly is your desired car? Do you already have a special order? If so then there may be another car that comes in that would satisfiy your desired equipment due to a backout. If you do not have a special order and you want Mark Levinson then you should get the order in ASAP. The dealer has to give up a car in allocation inorder to get a special order. If you just wait for one to show up in your configuration it may take longer than a special order does to begin with. PM me with your specs if you don't want to post....

Rock