IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

things you wish Lexus had done differently on the 06 IS....or 2007 wish list.

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-06, 10:37 PM
kschawaii
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
1. Put the LCD screen in the Non Navigation cars just like the GS so you can watched DVDs.
2. More rear seat room.
3. Available navigation in all 50 states.
4. Redesigned rear end to be less boxy.

Im with you on #3....
Old 02-17-06, 05:18 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by her99rx300
three words...

DSG
It is said that the next M3 will have a 4.0 liter V8 pumping 425 horses through either a manual or DSG transmission. Lexus, are you listening?
yeh yeh, with a rumored sticker price of near $60K
Old 02-17-06, 06:17 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

VW/Audi has 60 patents on the DSG tranny, not sure if another company can make one without stepping on one of these patents
Old 02-17-06, 06:24 AM
jlin101
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
VW/Audi has 60 patents on the DSG tranny, not sure if another company can make one without stepping on one of these patents
even the upcoming Porsche 911 Turbo won't get DSG for another few years...
Old 02-17-06, 06:26 AM
NjDude
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Auto folding outside rear mirrors !!!
Old 02-17-06, 11:13 AM
Langdell
Driver

Originally Posted by NjDude
Auto folding outside rear mirrors !!!
According to the specs list, they are: http://www.lexus.com/models/is/350_specifications.html
Old 02-17-06, 11:27 AM
jlin101
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Langdell
According to the specs list, they are: http://www.lexus.com/models/is/350_specifications.html
good catch. Unfortunately in fine print, there's a disclaimer stating that the spec is subject to change without notice. Auto-folding exterior mirrors are available outside of the US only.
Old 02-17-06, 12:32 PM
S L I C K
Lead Lap

The 2IS doesn't have auto-folding or heated side-view mirrors as far as I know.
Old 02-17-06, 12:58 PM
jlin101
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by S L I C K
auto-folding--no
heated--yes
Old 02-17-06, 01:07 PM
RaZoRaMoN
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by S L I C K
2IS can come with heated side view mirrors. Same button as the back window defogger.
Old 02-17-06, 01:27 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Most of the things others have requested are already available in one of the packages, so I don't consider those very worthy. Minor things that they'll hopefully do:

(1) better placement of power outlet in the center console. the current incarnation requires that you purchase an adapter just to close the lid,
(2) real iPod integration,
(3) fewer display lockouts (locking out nav address input is reasonable, but hiding RDS and MP3 CD info is totally ridiculous),
(4) un-truncated MP3 file names,
(5) DVD MP3s on ML,
(6) coin holder (even the IS 300 had this).

These are all pretty minor and easily addressable, but I wouldn't sell my '06 to get them.
Old 02-19-06, 12:45 PM
TheRupp
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Here's another one... My friend's 2005 Jetta has this feature where you tap the turn signal stalk and it flashes 3 times for lane changes... i think this is a great feature that I wish Lexus would produce
Old 02-19-06, 01:18 PM
Kamikaze2b
Lead Lap

I would also like to see power folding mirrors. I'd also like the headlights to come on at night when the car is unlocked. This is a wonderful safety/convenience feature that I had on my Ford F-150 that I really miss.

Other complaints: I hate the little red reflectors on the rear bumper. Not sure they are there for some federal safety rule, but they are as ugly as hell. Further, I have a few complaints about the interior too. Generally the fit and finish and quality are top notch, better than most vehicles for sure, but I HATE the really cheap digital clock that all Toyotas have. It reminds me of those crappy Chinese watches in the bargain bin at Walgreens. The clock should have been integrated into the Nav screen, or a more elegant design should have been used somewhere else on the dash console. I'm also irritated by the fact that the dimmer has no effect on either the nav screen or the clock, they whole dimming process should be integrated IMO.

I also hate the empy hard plastic covers on the left side of the steering wheel where the various options go. I only have the rear sunshade, so I have two crappy looking blocks of plastic where the other option buttons would be. Lexus should simply have a few different dash panels and use them as the options allow. Not too much to ask in a $45k car. I can understand in a Ford Fusion or Chevy Cobalt at half the price, but not in a Lexus of this price.

Also, I find that the wood near the shifter scratches VERY easily, they should have made that area a lot more durable. I'd also appreciate some small coin holder, or an option to get rid of the ashtray.

All that said, I do LOVE the car and smile every time I look at it.
Old 02-19-06, 01:26 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheRupp
Here's another one... My friend's 2005 Jetta has this feature where you tap the turn signal stalk and it flashes 3 times for lane changes... i think this is a great feature that I wish Lexus would produce
didn't know that; that might be cool....how do you accomplish the "one flash" signal?

so you know if we get this, next we'll be asking for a c-best option to change the number of flashes, i'd prefer two since three is like begging and i'm already in the other lane at 2.5 flashes.
Old 02-19-06, 02:15 PM
TheRupp
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kensteele
didn't know that; that might be cool....how do you accomplish the "one flash" signal?

so you know if we get this, next we'll be asking for a c-best option to change the number of flashes, i'd prefer two since three is like begging and i'm already in the other lane at 2.5 flashes.
lol I believe VAGCOM (VW's answer to cbest) allows you to change that, but I'm not entirely sure. Very cool though.

As far as the one flash, I don't know how it works because I never use only one flash unless it's an accident. Maybe if you hold it through the flash and let go..? Not sure, I'll have to ask on that one.

Quick Reply: things you wish Lexus had done differently on the 06 IS....or 2007 wish list.