Search this Thread

Old 02-22-06, 12:32 PM
nehal51086
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by LSUFanMan
I agree with Lem144 early on in this thread:

You suck!

NOBODY's Mommy and Daddy should buy them a $40,000+ car. Young man, I'm happy for you and hope you appreciate it, but realistically what have you done or done for your parents to deserve a "free" $40M+ car? How about that POS 5-year old Honda where you can cut-your-teeth on stupid stuff like taking responsibility for it, taking good care of it and other silly stuff like that?

Bet Mommy and Daddy are going to pay your car insurance too aren't they?

when ever my parents are out of town or out of the country...i take care of all of the busines....for example when they were gone to India for about 3 months during the winter this year and last...i mannaged his hotel...and made sure all the lessees paid on time.....now my dad has asked me to take care of the online banking...he offered to pay me $200 a week...and i am looking for a position as a Pharm Tech...i used to be one..but had to quit bc of amount of work from school...but now this semsters i have plenty of free time...as a pharm tech i eared about $350 every two weeks...my parents havent said anything about me paying for anything....but i will offer to pay as much as possible.....i spend total of about $100 a week so i will have plenty of left over....
Old 02-22-06, 01:32 PM
Bdimont
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no need

or maybe just understands the danger of spoiled adults
Old 02-22-06, 01:46 PM
is4me2
Lead Lap

Nehal, I think you sound very responsible and appreciative of what your parents are doing for you.

My parents never gave me a brand new car but they did pay for a brand new car for me and set up a bank account where I paid the purchase amount back in monthly payments interest free until it was paid off. I always paid each and every month until it was paid off. I think I learned a lot from that.
Old 02-22-06, 04:43 PM
LSUFanMan
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nehal,
No offense meant...you sound like a really good, responsible kid, er young man, doing his part and making a real contribution to his family and to helping out. That is likely why your parents are doing such a nice thing for you with a new IS.

Unfortunately, where I live I see so many high school kids being handed new cars and it is sad. They do not appreciate them, they do not understand the costs involved that their parents are incurring, many do not work like you do and they do not understand money like you obviously do.

Good for you Nehal! Keep it up and enjoy your IS when you do get it!

(By the way, I would NOT wait. You should decide and order it now. It will arrive in time for you to enjoy it most all summer. The 2007 will not be any different on this new model IS. Thay may change a light lens or something, but any changes will only be very simple cosmetic ones. So...decide and go for it dude!)

Last edited by LSUFanMan; 02-22-06 at 04:59 PM.
Old 02-22-06, 06:04 PM
nehal51086
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LSUFanMan
Nehal,
No offense meant...

there was none taken...i just kinda got into the habbit of answering questions....
Old 02-22-06, 06:28 PM
is4me2
Lead Lap

Talking

Nehal, if you order now you may get it in time for your birthday in May. I just added up my weeks of waiting and it came to 14 weeks from date of order. My car just arrived and I'm picking it up on Saturday. It was ordered in Nov.
Old 02-22-06, 06:38 PM
brewkp4
Pole Position

good for you man.....I am totally there with ya on the whole patiences thing... my parents promissed to get me a car about 4 years ago and they just kept pushing and pushing it out....finally this summer I found an IS 300 in great condition and was going to get it at a great price, but a week before it was going to transfer hands to me it got totalled....so I was pissed for about...umm all summer and then this fall came around and got back into the car hunt...I did my hw on the new IS and I do not know how I managed to get my parents to agree to it, but I got a 250 AWD.
I am sure you get a lot of people saying things about your parents getting you a car and blah blah blah....I get it all the time too....some people just dont understand and think they understand the situation....they jump to conclusions and start assuming that you are a spoiled brat who does nothing and gets everything....I hate it, but there is nothing you can do about it...just enjoy your new car
Old 02-22-06, 06:55 PM
brewkp4
Pole Position

I see you are from NC....I go to Wake Forest, what hotel does your family own?
Old 02-22-06, 07:10 PM
nehal51086
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by brewkp4
I see you are from NC....I go to Wake Forest, what hotel does your family own?

we have one in clt that we run.....and two in the hickory area that have been leased to other ppl
Old 02-22-06, 07:19 PM
S L I C K
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by is4me2
I just added up my weeks of waiting and it came to 14 weeks from date of order. My car just arrived and I'm picking it up on Saturday. It was ordered in Nov.
Damn, it took 14 weeks for you to get your 2IS?! I sure hope that's not the case when I order my 2007 GS 350 AWD.
Old 03-14-06, 09:19 AM
nehal51086
Lead Lap

dad played somewhat of a joke on me a few days ago...told me to drive him to downtown...but on the way told me to pull into the lex dealer..(he never had to go downtown)...we looked at a few cars....but after driving the 250 i told dad that it wouldnt bother me for me to get that...of course he didnt mind..lol...looks like well be ordering earlier than i expected....
Old 03-14-06, 10:24 AM
is4me2
Lead Lap

Cool

Good for you...glad they had some on the lot for you to look at and test drive. Keep us posted on what you get.
Old 04-12-06, 05:37 PM
nehal51086
Lead Lap

after the long wait of getting a new car, i didnt exactly order one. we went to the delear ship to test drive one, decided to order, but then i thought to myself do i really want to wait another ~4 months, so i asked the guy what all they had and what they had coming in,,, so i found the car to be, it had come right off the truck with only a car wash, the center caps on the rims werent put on yet, no state inspection, no delear inspection, and no front lip (i guess thats waht u would call it)....so we got that and had a spoiler put on.....i took delivery today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tungsten pearl, sterilng interior, nav, spoiler, premium pakg. IS 250
Old 04-12-06, 05:42 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by nehal51086
after the long wait of getting a new car, i didnt exactly order one. we went to the delear ship to test drive one, decided to order, but then i thought to myself do i really want to wait another ~4 months, so i asked the guy what all they had and what they had coming in,,, so i found the car to be, it had come right off the truck with only a car wash, the center caps on the rims werent put on yet, no state inspection, no delear inspection, and no front lip (i guess thats waht u would call it)....so we got that and had a spoiler put on.....i took delivery today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on the purchase. Finally!!!

Too bad you weren't able to get exactly what you want. You'll love the car nonetheless. Keep us informed with the progress/mods.
Old 04-12-06, 05:55 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nehal51086

Excellent choice, congrats!

Most of us here, if we could have even seen HALF this car when we were kids.... I would have been happy with 2 wheels and 2 doors and an engine lol.

Quick Reply: to wait or not to wait..