IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

My IS350 is here!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-06, 08:13 AM
Langdell
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My IS350 is here!

Well, it's really "there"--i.e., at the out-of-town dealer I wound up ordering it through. I will be picking it up tomorrow. I am going to be like a kid on Christmas Eve trying to sleep tonight!
Old 02-17-06, 08:17 AM
is4me2
Lead Lap

Cool

Great!! I think a bunch are coming in now. Mine is supposed to be at the port in Jacksonville tomorrow and "here" in a week. Please post when you get it. How long was yours on order? Mine was actually ordered on 11/14.
Old 02-17-06, 08:40 AM
dfw350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Langdell
Well, it's really "there"--i.e., at the out-of-town dealer I wound up ordering it through. I will be picking it up tomorrow. I am going to be like a kid on Christmas Eve trying to sleep tonight!

where in Tx are you?
Old 02-17-06, 08:42 AM
Langdell
Driver

Originally Posted by is4me2
Great!! I think a bunch are coming in now. Mine is supposed to be at the port in Jacksonville tomorrow and "here" in a week. Please post when you get it. How long was yours on order? Mine was actually ordered on 11/14.
Well, long story short, I reserved this one just about 3 1/2 weeks ago. But it happened to be one that this dealer already had in their incoming allocation.

Slightly longer version: I placed a special order with my local dealer on 1/9 and was told the standard 3-4 month wait time. Still no word that the 1/9 order is anywhere close to coming in. In the meantime--as a generally impatient person--I took matters into my own hands, e-mailed around, and found this out-of-town dealer who had one coming in that was exactly what I ordered (Black/Black, Sport, ML/Nav). I gave my original salesman a chance to keep my business by trying harder to locate an equivalent car sooner. He did not really even try. So I put down a deposit on the other one and expect to be driving my new baby tomorrow instead of waiting till May!
Old 02-17-06, 08:49 AM
ChuckieBoy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Langdell
Well, long story short, I reserved this one just about 3 1/2 weeks ago. But it happened to be one that this dealer already had in their incoming allocation.

Slightly longer version: I placed a special order with my local dealer on 1/9 and was told the standard 3-4 month wait time. Still no word that the 1/9 order is anywhere close to coming in. In the meantime--as a generally impatient person--I took matters into my own hands, e-mailed around, and found this out-of-town dealer who had one coming in that was exactly what I ordered (Black/Black, Sport, ML/Nav). I gave my original salesman a chance to keep my business by trying harder to locate an equivalent car sooner. He did not really even try. So I put down a deposit on the other one and expect to be driving my new baby tomorrow instead of waiting till May!
Did you end up paying MSRP? I can't seem to get anyone to take anything off MSRP in Texas.
Old 02-17-06, 08:56 AM
Langdell
Driver

Originally Posted by ChuckieBoy
Did you end up paying MSRP? I can't seem to get anyone to take anything off MSRP in Texas.
Yeah, I will be paying MSRP. I found the same as you did--no one is really dealing in Texas since most dealers don't evan have any on the lot that are not already spoken for. Anyway, I would rather get the exact car I want right away than wait any longer or haggle over one that is not exactly what I want. Plus, I'm driving a rental car right now, so I will actually save money by getting the car sooner rather than later. At this moment, money is no object for me (within reason)--I just want that car!
Old 02-17-06, 09:04 AM
is4me2
Lead Lap

Yes when it comes to getting these cars, there are no short story versions of the process and rigamarole we've been through to get them.
Old 02-17-06, 09:08 AM
dfw350
Lead Lap

for an entry level lexus there sure is alot of comotion
Old 02-17-06, 09:13 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by dfw350
for an entry level lexus there sure is alot of comotion
I predict the new ES350 might be pretty hot as well as the LS460 later on
Old 02-17-06, 09:15 AM
is4me2
Lead Lap

This "entry level" is costing me more than an ES330 or RX330.
Old 02-17-06, 09:23 AM
dfw350
Lead Lap

my bad, es330/is250 is the entry level
Old 02-17-06, 04:15 PM
GreyHound
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to hear Langdell ! enjoy you car . This waiting is killer.
Ordered Oct 24, 2005. no word on status of order.

Don't forget to post pics. It will look good in Black !
Old 02-17-06, 04:29 PM
joshua d
Rookie

Grey we ordered at the same time... its not good news to hear you have not recived you LEX yet...
Old 02-19-06, 01:12 PM
Langdell
Driver

She's finally mine! IS350, Black/Black, Sport package, ML/Nav (plus Park Assist and Headlamp Washers, which I didn't really need but she came with). I got the dealer to install a clear bra. I paid MSRP for the car, but they supposedly cut me a $200 break on their normal clear bra price ($400 instead of $600) to help make up for their alleged inability to discount. I can understand their unwillingness to sell for less than MSRP. My car was apparently the only unspoken-for black/black IS350 with ML bound for Texas when I reserved her. My saleslady said she had several inquiries trying to buy my car out from under me. I don't doubt that given (1) the effort I put in to find my car and (2) the fact that , during the couple of hours I was waiting at the dealership, several people could not seem to keep their eyes (and in some cases their hands ) off my baby.

Picked her up yesterday and drove her the 200 miles home. It was a sweet, sweet drive. Though--just my luck--after a mostly dry Texas winter with temps between 50 and 80, it picks this weekend to drop below freezing and rain!

If I can figure out how to attach them, here are a few pics. (Note that my lousy cell-phone photography does not do my baby justice. But if you have seen good pics of other black/black, sport models, minelooks the same ).

P.S. If anyone is looking to get a similar vehicle in Texas in about 2-3 months, PM me. I know of a special order that is about to be released!
Attached Thumbnails My IS350 is here!-vera202-18-06_1350.jpg  
Old 02-19-06, 01:14 PM
Langdell
Driver

Nice butt! Get used to it, Bimmer drivers!
Attached Thumbnails My IS350 is here!-vera402-18-06_1351.jpg  

Last edited by Langdell; 02-19-06 at 01:21 PM.

Quick Reply: My IS350 is here!