IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Which Bluetooth phone

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-06 | 12:44 PM
TheRupp
Lexus Champion

"Call Terminated By Network" is usually the service's fault... which provider are you using? The RAZR's actually well known for being really good with reception (yes, some phones are worse than others for reception, regardless of network).
Old 02-19-06 | 01:38 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

you need not worry which version of software comes in the samsung a900. all phones are capable of software upgrade over the air. take it home, perform the upgrade over the air, not connected to any computer or anything, you have the latest software....free. a sprint exclusive.
Old 02-19-06 | 02:20 PM
TheRupp
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by kensteele
you need not worry which version of software comes in the samsung a900. all phones are capable of software upgrade over the air. take it home, perform the upgrade over the air, not connected to any computer or anything, you have the latest software....free. a sprint exclusive.
Er yeah.. listen to the guy responsible for Sprint's phones; he might know what he's talking about
Old 02-19-06 | 04:06 PM
IS350ISFUN
Driver

All the PDA phone that are out now, like treo and blackberry are not very users friendly. Especially with Toyota/Lexus NAV/Bluetooth systems....I agree with one of the post that Sony Ericsson does have the best BlueTooth on the market....I currently have a W600i....linking and transfering phonebook to the NAV system is so easy to do
Old 02-19-06 | 05:41 PM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by AllenAggie
This is straight from a video from the Lexus web site on BlueTooth.

Compatible phones: http://www.lexus.letstalk.com/brands...lh_splash2.htm

For my area code, it only showed six phones.

Hope this helps.

The site you posted, letstalk.com, has no connection to Lexus, the phone manufacturers, the service providers, or the Bluetooth SIG trade association. What they are is an online reseller of cellular phones and service. The website also lists 6 phones for my zip code, none of which are Verizon. It's pretty clear that this isn't a comprehensive list of phones that work with our car.
Old 02-19-06 | 05:46 PM
TheRupp
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Bichon
The site you posted, letstalk.com, has no connection to Lexus, the phone manufacturers, the service providers, or the Bluetooth SIG trade association. What they are is an online reseller of cellular phones and service. The website also lists 6 phones for my zip code, none of which are Verizon. It's pretty clear that this isn't a comprehensive list of phones that work with our car.
Doesn't sound like it's been updated anytime recently, either.
Old 02-22-06 | 09:47 PM
Skyjumper
Driver School Candidate

Default Blackberry

Originally Posted by Belmont
Does anyone have experience with the Blackberry 8700c?
For what it's worth, my Blackberry 7100 (T-Mobile) works fine over bluetooth.
Old 02-22-06 | 10:15 PM
DRIVEN1
Driver

I have the Motorola V600 and it works fine. No battery meter, good bluetooth strength meter. BIGGEST problem is you can only transfer one number at a time. That SUCKS! I am shopping for new phone that will transfer all numbers. SECOND problem, I have numbers entered in my phone as First Name then either Last name or Cell. When you transfer, the NAV system reverses the names and puts Last name first.
Old 02-23-06 | 12:31 AM
OneOfOne
Lead Lap

of course no one is paying attention to what the original post is. he has SPRINT service and would like to stay with it. if youre not using a SPRINT phone with bluetooth you are wasting time posting about your other services. I posted a similar question a while ago and kermee and kensteele actually helped out a lot with this link:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=186685

reading comprehension is important in forums.
Old 02-23-06 | 12:33 AM
OneOfOne
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by kensteele

I dont believe the treo 600 is because I have had to update mine twice via hotsync of a downloaded [via computer] file.
Old 02-23-06 | 04:44 AM
brewkp4
Pole Position

My razr seems to work well. I couldnt transfer my phone book- could have been that I wasnt patient enough but I didnt really care i just manually created my phone book. When I have an incoming call while I am already on the other line I have been not being able to switch over. It doesn't even notify me via the display that I have a call waiting. Is there a way to fix this?
Old 02-23-06 | 05:57 AM
AllenAggie
Driver School Candidate

Got mine all set up finally. I have the Moto RAZR from Cingular. The only weird thing is that if I have more than two numbers per person, it creates an entry for every two number in the cars phonebook...sometimes with duplicated icons. No big deal though.

I would still like to see a full import rather than doing one at a time (in which case you had to press a series of buttons each time).
Old 02-23-06 | 08:00 AM
Kipperm13
Driver

Well as an employee of a major cell company I can tell you that, it all has to do with the sofware that the comapny has on their phones and what options they will allow you to use. The RAZOR from one company will work different form anothers and just becasue you have the latest software on your phone dosen't mean much, That software is still made by the cell phone company and still won't allow different options.
Old 02-23-06 | 09:02 AM
hofman_dzn
Driver School Candidate

Sony Ericsson W800 works great. No problems with dropped calls due to bluetooth, etc. One gripe (lexus's fault) is that the car can only support two numbers per name entry. If you have more than that on your phone it creates two names (i.e. if you have a home, work, and cell entry in your phone, the car will have one name (john smith) entry for home and work, and another name (john smith) entry for the cell). Car/phone is great at transferring calls between the two, i.e. if you want to have a private conversation, you can click the transfer button on the screen to switch back and forth between the car and handset. Perfect for when you're done driving but still talking (if the call is going through the car and you turn off the car, the call gets terminated).
Old 02-23-06 | 09:29 AM
pearl85
Driver School Candidate

Default phone information

my T-Mobile Razar works well and shows signal strength on the NAV screen. If I make a call using the phone key pad while moving the call is handled through the car's system. Of note though is if I am on a call that I have made while moving via speed dial from the screen and the call is subsequently dropped, I get into a frozen loop and cannot redial or use speed dial. I have to stop and restart the car. Any thoughts.

Quick Reply: Which Bluetooth phone