IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Help! Should I be concerned buying out-of-state?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-06, 06:32 PM
Foxberry
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bichon
Ray Catena in Oakhurst. Last time I was in the shop, I heard a customer who bought from Lawrence Lexus arguing with the service advisor about this. They offered to pay for an Enterprise rental, but wouldn't budge on giving him a Lexus loaner.
Wow, that's where I bought mine...I had no idea that was their policy. I got an ES330 when I had it in for the XM install. Ray Catena is building another Lexus dealership in Freehold, which is where I live. Once that is open, I'll be bringing mine there for service. Since it's still Ray Catena, just a different location, I would think I'd still get a Lexus loaner. I'll have to call about this tomorrow!
Old 02-21-06, 06:42 PM
GreyHound
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Thanks LSUfanman:
That's exactly what I wanted to know. I so want to find a dealership that would like to take my $42k, give me a nice car, and appreciate my business! maybe a bigger dealership can expedite orders a little better. I know what to ask this time around.

March first is deadline day. I will be in the Charlotte area in mid march so I may just roll in there. Just a little farther to drive from VA. down 77.

I appreciate your opinion. Not dropping the ball and being professional sounds good to me .
Thanks again.
Old 02-21-06, 07:27 PM
casey225
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GreyHound, our collective Lexus hearts are breaking for you, man. They should GIVE you one for the crap you're putting up with. Anyway, I know you said you would be in Charlotte, they called me once when a 350 came in, but before my salesman could tell his mgr. to reserve it, someone else had already beat us to it. Since he already took my partial payment, he said they would put me "first" on the list, but I haven't heard back from them. I can't remember if you contacted the Knoxville dealership. They have called to "check on me" the most. The salesman said they have been getting 350's with Premium pkg. in 4-5 weeks, but if you want Lux., it's 11-12. Kingsport told me the same thing, so I finally just ordered with them. Since no one is discounting in this area, there's no reason for me to drive several hours out of my way to a dealer who wont service my vehicle. Plus, Kingsport will pick up and deliver your car for service within about a 50 mile radius. After the above comments, I will avoid potential loaner car problems if the situation ever arises.