IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Any suggestions on how I should deal with the service dept?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-06, 11:07 AM
mcfly
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Morrissey
WORD OF NOTE: I'm not an **** person who picks on every little thing about the car, but I still feel like it's pulling. I'm sorry to keep pounding this issue but hear me out.

Does any IS owner have this problem. I'm going down a straight lane on the highway, take off my hands from the wheel, and notice an ever so slight tilt of the steering wheel to the right. This tells me something is wrong. Obviously the car is going to veer. Does anyone experience this?

I've got an alignment and new tires and it's still happening. I jsut don't want to sound like an ****, annoying customer is all. But at the same time this doesn't seem right to me!! I'd really appreciate if any of you can give me feedback. It'll give me leverage for the service dept.

The manager has been really nice and I have no problems with him. He's not gonna take a lunch tomorrow so that I can meet with him and drive a demo IS350 with 18" wheels to see if it does the same thing. He tells me it does and that with my new tires my car performs BETTER than the demo. So according to him this is normal. But it just doesn't seem normal to me.
I've never, ever had a car go down a highway perfectly straight on its own. It just doesn't happen. There are all kinds of undulations and crowning in the road that make a car, especially one with high performance tires like the IS, go any way but straight.
Old 03-15-06, 11:57 AM
Morrissey
Driver

Originally Posted by mcfly
I've never, ever had a car go down a highway perfectly straight on its own. It just doesn't happen. There are all kinds of undulations and crowning in the road that make a car, especially one with high performance tires like the IS, go any way but straight.
That's true, but how come it only wants to go to the right? I understand that roads in Colorado are slightly slanted to the right and are not perfectly level so that rain/snow can be better drained, but still.....

I'll drive the demo tomorrow and if it behaves the same way then that's just the way the IS drives. Just seems odd that the car always wants to pull - even with an alignment and new tires.
Old 03-15-06, 09:28 PM
Lexustom
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thought about this problem today as I was driving west on 91 Freeway here in So. Cal. I held my breath as I let go of the wheel (IS350, 1010 miles) and "let the car go". It held straight and true.

Seems to me (and I'm not a mechanic or the son of a mechanic) that your car might indeed have a problem. I for one do not think you are nuts.
Old 03-16-06, 07:09 AM
Morrissey
Driver

Originally Posted by Lexustom
Thought about this problem today as I was driving west on 91 Freeway here in So. Cal. I held my breath as I let go of the wheel (IS350, 1010 miles) and "let the car go". It held straight and true.

Seems to me (and I'm not a mechanic or the son of a mechanic) that your car might indeed have a problem. I for one do not think you are nuts.
Thanks. I'm just frustrated to be honest. The service manager at Kuni does seem intent to help me out, but he's alluding to me that all the IS350s behave this way. He has a demo IS350 with 18" wheels that behaves the same way according to him and wants me to drive it today. The demo has about 1000 miles on it so it's pretty new (my car is approaching 5000 miles, although this problem started around 700 miles).

I talked to the customer liason and she said if this still is a problem they're going to get the district service manager involved and drive the car with me. From there who knows. Obviously they do care whether or not I'm satisfied so something needs to be done.

It's such a bummer though...this car is so nice and nobody else is experiencing my problem. I have the worst luck because my 350Z had an alignment issue (although it was widespread and many people had it).