IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Base:IS250AWD-Price paid-Phil/NJ/DE

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-06, 06:43 PM
lifeisgood
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Base:IS250AWD-Price paid-Phil/NJ/DE

I'm interested in knowing what type of deal you were able to get in the Phil/NJ/DE area on a base model (no nav) IS 250 AWD. I spoke to one Lexus dealer who said they were selling at MSRP of $35,069-in other words, no discount. He claimed that allocations are tight and they can't keep them in stock. I then spoke to an independent leasing agent, and I was quoted $700 of the MSRP.

If you recently purchased an IS250 AWD in the Phila, southern NJ, or DE, please provide dealer name, MSRP and price paid, (was this price available without your trade-in). Also, what is the expected time to delivery?

Do you recommend going through the internet sales and bypassing the sales staff, e.g. using Edmunds, or MSNCarpoint? I intend to sell my current car privately so I won't be trading anything in.
Old 02-21-06, 07:16 PM
Redpaste
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't know if this will help much but I ordered a 350 from Lexus of Wilmington (DE). They did have a 250 on the lot, (this was back in Jan though) don't know what it was equipped with, but they were saying that all the IS' they are getting are being sold at MSRP. These cars are really hard to find for a lot of dealers, so many are selling at MSRP, take it or leave it. Good Luck in your search though.
Old 02-21-06, 07:56 PM
Spy
Driver School Candidate

Lexus of Wilmington told me MSRP also a couple weeks ago also. They told me they can't even keep the cars in stock, and the few times I've driven by recently, I haven't seen any parked out front. I may go with a different dealer, even though I'll have to drive a bit.
Old 02-21-06, 08:38 PM
jabol
Rookie

Default If you are willing to travel...

you can call Bay Ridge Lexus in Brooklyn, NY. I got a blk/blk IS250AWD with navigation and some accessories (wheel locks, trunk mates, floor mates, etc.) for $35,200 in December. I basically got $2,500 off MSRP price without even negotiating - I just asked about the best price BTW, I spoke to Arturo... You can also try Rallye Lexus - I know a person who got more than $3,000 off IS350.
Old 02-24-06, 08:45 PM
lifeisgood
Pole Position

Default Update - A new Lexus IS 250 AWD w/nav

Armed with information provided by some of you, I went shopping today and bought a new IS 250 AWD w/Navigation. Went through the internet sales department of a dealer in the suburban Philadelphia area. Said my purchase would be made within the next 2-4 weeks after I finished comparing against the car to BMW and Acura. I was looking for black with cashmere, which they happened to have on the lot, except their car had navigation--I was not convinced that I wanted it. Said I would be willing to move up my timeframe if the deal was right.

Went in for a test drive, tested the navigation system (great user interface and fast route calcuation time) and liked the color combination, so I asked for their best price--with the understanding that I was going to continue shopping. They came back and offered $1,750 off MSRP but asked that I call them first before accepting another offer (they did not want to lose a sale for $100-$200). I said if you can do a bit better, we can wrap this up sooner. Do you mean in the next week or two? No, I mean tonight. I said I was looking for $2,500 of MSRP. He said timing was good because it was month-end and the car I wanted was on the lot. Came back 10 minutes later and agreed to the deal, provided all paperwork is signed before month-end. This compares to another (Delaware) dealer that said "we are selling the new IS 250 at MSRP", and another quote through an independent leasing agent for $750 off. Thanks to those who shared info on pricing--I knew what to ask for. As they say "if you don't ask, you don't get."

Other comments on the purchase decision. Other than price, I had three questions/concerns before I made up my mind on the IS. First, I was concerned about headroom, because when the seat is up high your peering right at the sunvisor. I simply lowered the seat and no problem. On a previous visit, the back seat seemed cramped. I moved the front seat forward to where it was still comfortable to drive and had adequate room in the back seat. My knees did not touch the back of the seat (i'm 5' 10") . One other trick I tried which made the driving position even more comfortable was to push the tilt and telescope wheel in a couple of inches. Third, in reading different car magazine reviews comparing BMW to Lexus, they all gave handling honors to the BMW. I recently bought my son a used bmw 325 so I had an opportunity to drive both cars. While you could argue that the bmw has a slightly "better handling feel", I took the lexus on some twisty roads and it was a blast to drive. That's what sold me. Close enough where it did not matter. Also, Lexus seats are more comfortable than sport seats on the BMW. At that point, I just could not see spending another $4-5 k for a comparably equipped BMW, with good but not an exceptional reputation for reliability. Yes, with a new Lexus soon, life is good, very good.
Old 02-24-06, 09:56 PM
Redpaste
Lead Lap

Congrats, $2500 off is really good. Truly, Life IS Good