IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Newbie with some questions!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-06, 02:12 AM
DrShoe
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie with some questions!

I just recently look at the new IS350 and found it to be a very nice car that suits me well. I have a few questions if you guys don't mind answering.

1) Is it possible to just buy an IS350 off the lot w/o waiting or ordering? I don't mind about the colors but having NAV is a big plus although I wouldn't let that spoil a deal.

2) Any discounts? I know getting it at or around invoice is impossible but $1000-$1500 off MSRP is fine with me but is it achievable?

I need a car come end of March/ early April so I can't order it, it'll take too long. Thanks ahead of time
Old 02-23-06, 03:20 AM
krs71
Rookie

1. Dealers will probably offer a better deal on a vehicle in stock rather than a special order, in which they won't give you as much of a discount.
2. As of now people are getting a discount of 2000-2500 off of MSRP, by end of april you should be able to do better than that.
Old 02-23-06, 04:38 AM
brewkp4
Pole Position

From what I have been reading on these forums you shouldn't have too big of a problem getting a 350 without waiting especially because you are pretty flexible with what you (well sounds that way). Are there any particular options/packages you are interested in other than navigation? In terms of invoice I do not know if that is possible but I agree with krs71 that you could probably do even better than 1-1.5k off msrp. good luck
Old 02-23-06, 05:50 AM
Langdell
Driver

1. I get the impression from California posters that dealers have more 350's in stock right now than most do here in Texas. Even here it is possible to buy one off (some) lots if you're not too picky about colors and options, so I would think you could find a suitable one in your area without waiting.
2. Relatedly, California posters seem to report more luck with getting dealers to go down from MSRP than we're getting here in Texas. Should be even more possible if you're buying one the dealer has in stock.

Don't delay! You will love the car!
Old 02-23-06, 10:11 AM
Lexustom
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi and welcome. I love the my Nav here in CA. Lots of places to go and I don't know where they ALL are yet. Maybe in the next 100 years. So.........I use the Nav!

I got $1000.00 off my special ordered 350. You can probably do better if you find one on the lot just sitting there waiting for you. Good luck. You will love the car.
Old 02-23-06, 10:19 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It's good to hear that you're leaning towards the IS compared to a lot of other cars out there. You won't be disappointed.

You should be able to find a good deal on an IS now. $2-3k is pretty much what people are finding. Other than price, try to get other things such as low interest rates on financing as well as maintenance perks with the dealership. They'll be happy if you continue business with them by getting maintenance perks.
Old 02-23-06, 06:16 PM
DrShoe
Lead Lap

Thanks for the replies and I do realize now that living in CA is a great advantage because of more dealers and selections. 2k off MSRP is reasonably fair but I wouldn't mind more. As for packages, I checked the Lexus's website and I think the one with Premium Package+Nav (around $4600) is perfect for me, so I hope that is a common combo in IS350s on the lot since I know Sport package is quite rare w/o ordering. My other choice is the 2006 G35 coupe and I know I can get that off the lot with a nice discount easily since dealers have at least 20 in stock each. Has anyone drove both the IS350 and the G35 coupe? I know the g35 (5AT) has less hp but is it significantly slower?
Old 02-23-06, 06:44 PM
Langdell
Driver

Originally Posted by DrShoe
My other choice is the 2006 G35 coupe and I know I can get that off the lot with a nice discount easily since dealers have at least 20 in stock each. Has anyone drove both the IS350 and the G35 coupe? I know the g35 (5AT) has less hp but is it significantly slower?
I don't have direct experience driving the G35 coupe, but one of my coworkers used to have one. She liked it--only got rid of it because she became a mother and felt the need for an SUV--but she seems to find my IS350 a much more desirable car. My impression of the G35 coupe is that it is a pretty sweet car inside and out (I'm not too fond of the styling of the G35 sedan). But the IS350's interior fit and finish is head and shoulders above the G35. (Though I understand Infiniti is now using genuine aluminum trim, which would be an improvement over IS base/sport fake metallic trim. But if you're looking at the Premium package, you would get the wood trim anyway.)

One other consideration--which may or may not be important to you--is that the G35 is getting a redesign for '07. So an '06 G35 bought today is going to look like an old model tomorrow. Some people probably don't care about this factor; it would bug me.
Old 02-23-06, 07:23 PM
unit74
Lexus Test Driver

Here's what I would do/did.....

Go on the lexus website and contact the dealers in your area with what you want.......They will get back to you within a day or so......

From Key's Lexus, I submitted the request and then went to dinner. While I was having dinner, Steve called and we discussed the options.

I was working with Longo but decided to go with another dealer for my order after my salesrep started to get pushy with me.......

I ended up goin with Carlsbad Lexus as they gave me a free loaner till my car comes in, which is the beginning of March.
Old 02-23-06, 07:26 PM
AllenAggie
Driver School Candidate

I bought my car this past Saturday on a IS350 that literally just rolled off the truck! The sales person knew that I meant business and that I was willing to buy that day...and she ended up giving me $1,500 off MSRP....with no negotiating on my part. I said to myself.."wow, that was easy." So I decided to see how much more I could get taken off....$0! LOL. From what I've been reading, $1,500 is the best discount you can get.
Old 02-23-06, 07:44 PM
lesman01
Driver School Candidate

I bought my 350 3 weeks ago off the lot. No discount. I even had to beg to get a Lexus coffee mug. Well, I said, "hey, my wife wanted to get a coffee mug, I just paid full msrp for this car, can I get one?" Salesman said "Who should I charge for that?" I said " WTF ..take it out of your $5000+ profit" He laughed and we went to the parts department. I even got to pick it out myself. WOW.

Not that they were dishonest or sleazy about it. I tried to hammer them on price, but from their perspective, they don;t really have to discount them yet because the next Joe to come in will pay full price for it. If i wait, i get the benefit of supply and demand and maybe save $2,000.

Bottom line, I wanted the car and was willing to pay what they were asking for it.

No regrets. I LOVE the car!

lesman
GA
Old 02-23-06, 10:26 PM
Skyjumper
Driver School Candidate

Default Picking up a 3500

You can definitely find one or two them sitting on the dealers lot unsold, at least in the Bay Area. Drop the Fleet/Internet manager's an email telling them what you like and make them do the work. If you're in SF I can suggest a couple that are pretty good.

Most of the dealers around here will give you a $750-1000 "Internet Discount". You should be able to get more, if you're not going to be too picky on color and packages.

Originally Posted by DrShoe
I just recently look at the new IS350 and found it to be a very nice car that suits me well. I have a few questions if you guys don't mind answering.

1) Is it possible to just buy an IS350 off the lot w/o waiting or ordering? I don't mind about the colors but having NAV is a big plus although I wouldn't let that spoil a deal.

2) Any discounts? I know getting it at or around invoice is impossible but $1000-$1500 off MSRP is fine with me but is it achievable?

I need a car come end of March/ early April so I can't order it, it'll take too long. Thanks ahead of time