IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Free Carwash? Think Again

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-06 | 08:52 PM
her99rx300
Driver School Candidate

Lexus of Roseville washes our RX 300 free anytime the service dept is open, everytime. They also own Lexus of Sacramento. We are only 2 miles away from the dealership and we did not buy our car from their dealership. They have a new touchless machine that washes it and then they hand dry it, vacuum and shampoo the carpets. They will do it every week if I want to but we usually just go every 3 months.
Old 02-23-06 | 09:02 PM
wolverine
Lexus Champion

the dealership I got my car at washes any lexus for free....until the local lexus guys start abusing it and going there everyday to get there cars washed. I think they just started washing again.
Old 02-23-06 | 09:02 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Originally Posted by kensteele
does that mean i can stop by thru there on the way to san antonio to get a car wash before i pull into my final destination?
Hey, you just gave me a great idea. I'm thinking of taking a road trip across country this summer. I'm going to stop at every Lexus dealer from California to Georgia to get a wash. My car will sure be dirty from the road. Why didn't I think of this sooner? Thanks man.
Old 02-23-06 | 09:24 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by kensteele
does that mean i can stop by thru there on the way to san antonio to get a car wash before i pull into my final destination?
North Park Lexus in San Antonio! I've been there before! Right at the northern part of Loop 410 down the way from North Star Mall.

I dunno if some of you guys were Lexus owners previous to this...but in an older copy of the Lexus Magazine, there was a person who drove his at the time brand new 2004 IS300 to the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah, and ran some high speed passes. After he visited the flats, there was obvious salt build up in the wheel wheels undercarriage and etc. He drove to the local lexus dealer for a wash and they did a full power wash of the undercarriage to wash away the salt. I believe the guy drove from CA. It was an actual owners testimonial so I don't see why not!
Old 02-23-06 | 10:05 PM
Bichon
Super Moderator

From what my salesman told me, my dealer (Ray Catena) will wash their own customers cars at any time. They won't wash cars bought at a competitor unless the car is in for service.

Even though I have a white car, I'll pass - due to the risk of swirls and micro-marring.
Old 02-23-06 | 10:34 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Originally Posted by flipside909
North Park Lexus in San Antonio! I've been there before! Right at the northern part of Loop 410 down the way from North Star Mall.

I dunno if some of you guys were Lexus owners previous to this...but in an older copy of the Lexus Magazine, there was a person who drove his at the time brand new 2004 IS300 to the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah, and ran some high speed passes. After he visited the flats, there was obvious salt build up in the wheel wheels undercarriage and etc. He drove to the local lexus dealer for a wash and they did a full power wash of the undercarriage to wash away the salt. I believe the guy drove from CA. It was an actual owners testimonial so I don't see why not!
I'm pretty sure if Mario Andretti rode in on horse they'd wash it.
Old 02-23-06 | 11:13 PM
Lexustom
Advanced

Originally Posted by Bichon
Even though I have a white car, I'll pass - due to the risk of swirls and micro-marring.
Yup. My sentiments exactly. On another luxury car I owned the dealer would wash it for free every time I took it in for service. One time I was just there with a friend who was shopping for a car and they took mine for a minute and washed it for FREE. Later I discovered that those FREE washes were SOoooooo costly. The swirls and hairline scratches were awful. I got the finish back into beautiful shape and ended my FREE washes.

'Course I do expect that Lexus might be, maybe are, possibly better. But I'll not take the chance.
Old 02-24-06 | 04:43 AM
mcfly
Lead Lap

I'm still trying to figure out if this whole thread is a joke.... who the hell would knowingly let some bozo at a dealership wash their car, let alone DEMAND it?

Last edited by mcfly; 02-24-06 at 05:34 AM.
Old 02-24-06 | 05:16 AM
Convinced
Driver School Candidate

Default Where in NJ

Originally Posted by Foxberry
At my dealership, you didn't had to have bought your Lexus there to bring it in for the free weekly washes.

Foxberry, how close to NYC are you? I'll drive over the bridge for freebie once I get my car
Old 02-24-06 | 07:41 AM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AsianGirl007
Hey, you just gave me a great idea. I'm thinking of taking a road trip across country this summer. I'm going to stop at every Lexus dealer from California to Georgia to get a wash. My car will sure be dirty from the road. Why didn't I think of this sooner? Thanks man.
Sure, actually it's very relevant for me since I do a lot of long distance travel to cities I am not familiar with. Instead of pulling into some strange car wash on the wrong side of town, I could use the Nav to find a Lexus dealership. Have you ever seen those cars that just got off the highway from a 1,000 mile cross country trip full of bug splats, streaks from washer fluid, dirt, etc. When I pull up into my friend's house or relatives at home with my nice IS350, it should be cleaned and washed. Kansas plates on a filthy car don't go over so well when you're driving around the big city outside the midwest.
Old 02-24-06 | 08:06 AM
tim817
Intermediate

Originally Posted by AllenAggie
LOL. good question! This is a very nice dealership (as most Lexus dealerships are), so it wouldn't surprise me if they would hook you up with a wash .... oh. When I bought my car, they gave me a sticker to put on my windshield that says "Preferred Customer" ... with an ID# on it....I should have asked what that was for.
I also bought my car from Park Place. They have the best customer service i ever experience. The prefer customer sticker is to let the service guys know that your car is bought from their dealer so they will wash it anytime u like as long u still own the car. It doesn't matter if it's not a Lexus or used cars, if u buy the car from them, u'll get the free car wash.
Wellcome to clublexus, it's nice to see another IS350 dfw fella. I've known 4 DFW members in here so far. Maybe we should start a DFW Lex Club.
Old 02-24-06 | 08:27 AM
cip
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tonyxcom
But you would just think for such a premiere brand that the level of service from dealer to dealer would be a little more uniform. I think I just have an extra bad taste in my mouth after being refused a test drive and then later a car wash from the same dealership.
That's why it's good when you live in an area where you can pick a good dealership. If you ever talk to Lexus Customer Service (800-25 Lexus), they are very clear on the fact that every dealership is individually owned & operated. The service level will usually be consistant, but just like going form one Starbucks to anohter your drink will taste a little different (if you let them put in the cream & sugar )

Bottom line, when you purchase from a dealer they may or may not offer the 'anytime' washes (but almost 100% you can expect a wash (you might have to ask) after service).

I bought from McGrath in Chicago, but they have a dealership in Westmont (west 'burbs oif Chicago) as well. I go to the Westmont one about every week. The salesperson let me know when I bought that I could bring my car to either dealership at any time to get a wash. This is one of those little 'niceties' about buying form the dealership.
Old 02-24-06 | 08:40 AM
sockfocks
Lexus Test Driver

I bought my GS from Sewell Lexus of Fort Worth and it has a sticker on the windshield something like "preferred customer Lexus Fort Worth". The salesman told me ANY time I wanted a car wash to bring it in and they would take care of it. Not sure of cars that were not sold by them. I thought it was a cool benefit and my vehicle is a 1999 and wasnt certified.
Old 02-24-06 | 09:01 AM
dfw350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TimboIS
Sure, I believe a delaership will wash the car as part of a service appointment, and some dealers may do a wash for one of their customers. But I don't think it's fair to assume any schmo with a Lexus can show up at any Lexus dealer and expect a free wash.
yes it is, lexus dealerships all answer to lexus they are not franchised like toyota in the sense where when u buy a toyota dealership u can be a ***** to the customers and not have to answer to anyone except your boss.

the thing bout lexus is service (SERVICE) quality.
if you think they are not treating you well, get them in trouble, i know i would.

its like if you got your tires rotated at NTB and you go to another NTB, they will do free rotation for you since you have 6 months or 1 year free. it doesnt matter if the sale originated at that dealer or not, the LEXUS CORPORATION made a profit. If you say "sure but that dealership did not make a comission on my car", youre right. But the thing is, it doesnt matter, they are all working for Lexus Corporation who says how they must treat people who come to buy the cars they ALLOW these dealerships to sell.

Its a PRIVILEGE to be a LEXUS DEALERSHIP.