Free Carwash? Think Again

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-06, 04:18 PM
tonyxcom
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Free Carwash? Think Again

Short Version.

Bought my car at Lexus of Sacramento. (over an hour away from where I live). Finance guy told me while signing that I can get a free car wash at ANY Lexus dealership whenever I want. I was stoked.

Well today I went to Lexus of Concord (15 mins from my house and between my home and work) and the lady in the service department looked at me like I was a moron when I walked in and said "Yeah, I would like to get a car wash". After explaining to her what I was told when I bought my car and what I have read here on the site and even Lexus' website, she said she never heard of it before.

Long Version.
I went to Lexus of Concord to buy my IS350. I got their before they opened and walked the lot and found at least 2 IS350's that didn't say sold on them. When they opened I walked in and asked if they had any Sport's. They didn't, but said I could order one for a 3-4 month wait. He also looked at his incoming car allotment and there wasn't any coming. I asked him if I could drive any IS350 and he told me, and I quote "If someone buys the car and it has miles on them they will go ape ****".

Needless to say I told him that I wouldn't be ordering anything from them.

So I went to my car and called all the dealerships in the area and found the EXACT car I wanted in Sacramento.

And now Lexus of Concord wont give me free car washes either. Love the car. Loved the experience in Sacramento, but I am in trouble for service since Lexus of Concord already has 2 strikes.

I called Lexus Corp and complained. She said the Courtesy Car Wash varies from dealer to dealer. Maybe they'll send me an IPOD or something.
Old 02-23-06, 05:26 PM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

do you really want them driving it thru a carwash machine thing anyway?

my car will only be handwashed by me personally.

I don't even let the Toyota dealer wash my Tacoma when I bring it in for service which they try to do.
Old 02-23-06, 05:30 PM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bagwell
do you really want them driving it thru a carwash machine thing anyway?

my car will only be handwashed by me personally.
I agree. Unless you have a light colored car, or don't care about taking care of the paint, stay away from the "free" washes.
Old 02-23-06, 05:30 PM
tonyxcom
Pole Position

actually, they hand wash cars there.

I normally wash my cars myself too, but it only takes me a few days before my front wheels turn gun-metal.
Old 02-23-06, 05:35 PM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by tonyxcom
actually, they hand wash cars there.

I normally wash my cars myself too, but it only takes me a few days before my front wheels turn gun-metal.
ok, but it still will take at least twice the time it would if you just wash it yourself; which is not worth it in my opinion.
Old 02-23-06, 05:41 PM
tonyxcom
Pole Position

I know where you are coming from, but that really isn't the point.
Old 02-23-06, 06:10 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

That's funny, for believing that. Look on Lexus web site, I don;t think it's listed under Owner Benefits Service dept will usually always wash your car when you have it serviced. But they're not running a free car wash service anytime you want one, at any dealer you feel like. Whoever told you that is stringing you along. I had a dealer once tell me if I bought a black RX they'd wash it for me anytime (he was trying to make the sale, because he knew I didn't want black).
Old 02-23-06, 06:12 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TimboIS
That's funny, for thinking that. Service dept will usually always wash your car when you have it serviced. But they're not running a free car wash service anytime you want one, at any dealer you feel like. Whoever told you that is stringing you along. I had a dealer once tell me if I bought a black RX they'd wash it for me anytime (he was trying to make the sale, because he knew I didn't want black).
Not true, some dealers do free car washes at anytime. Mine does.
Old 02-23-06, 06:16 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Originally Posted by AsianGirl007
For anyone with a lexus, or just their customers?
Old 02-23-06, 06:35 PM
tonyxcom
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TimboIS
That's funny, for believing that. Look on Lexus web site, I don;t think it's listed under Owner Benefits .
http://www.lexus.com/dealers/ownership.html
We do things differently than other car companies. For example, in every Lexus dealership you'll find conveniences that may include customer lounges, offices available for your use for business purposes, free pickup and delivery of your Lexus, service loaner vehicles, complimentary car washes and even concierge services. It's this exceptional treatment, along with the thrill of driving a Lexus, that keeps our existing customers coming back.
It wasn't a gimmick when the finance guy told me. We were signing when he brought it up. He was just misinformed. I talked to Lexus of Sacramento today and they in fact offer free car washes for anyone with a Lexus. The only time it might be a problem is when they are really busy. I have even read it here on this website as well. I talked to a buddy yesterday that recently sold his GS400. He said he missed the free car washes.

I just find it dissapointing that there is such a large difference in the level of service offered from dealer to dealer. This is something I would expect to see at a Dodge dealership. It just makes for less of an ownership experience.
Old 02-23-06, 06:41 PM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 301 Likes on 223 Posts

When they say complimentary car washes, they mean a free car wash when you bring your car in for service.

The free car wash as a lexus owner anytime you want will vary from dealership to dealership, they are not required by any means to give you a wash anytime you want, but I believe that they ARE required to at least offer to wash it for free when you bring it in for service.
Old 02-23-06, 06:43 PM
mhiggi02
Driver

Originally Posted by AsianGirl007
Mine does free, unlimited handwashes too but I believe just for their customers - I'm there about every 5 days - Lexus of Melbourne, FL
Old 02-23-06, 06:49 PM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 301 Likes on 223 Posts

Forgot to add, my dealer also does free washes - Lexus of Smithtown
Old 02-23-06, 06:49 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Sure, I believe a delaership will wash the car as part of a service appointment, and some dealers may do a wash for one of their customers. But I don't think it's fair to assume any schmo with a Lexus can show up at any Lexus dealer and expect a free wash.
Old 02-23-06, 06:58 PM
casey225
Pole Position

In my dealer's tv ad, they say you will get a free hand wash of the interior and exterior with any service appointment. They will also pick up and return your car for service appointments within about a 50 mile radius.

Quick Reply: Free Carwash? Think Again