IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

My first ding...

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-06, 01:48 PM
TwiBlueG35
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RshaoKh
I got Tungsten Pearl. I tried the Paintless Dent Removal and it worked perfectly! No more dents for now. I polished the dent/ding before and I thought I had removed all the scratches but after the person fixed the dent more scratches appeared since I couldn't "remove them earlier because they were inside the dent" but he buffed them off real fast. I'll be sure to call this guy again when I get more dings in the future. He's pretty cheap considering most places around UC Irvine charge $100+ for the same service ($65 for mine).

UC Irvine is way too busy there.....plus bunch of construction there right now right? I remember the six years I was there with my 95 Accord sedan.......hard to find even one parking space in the morning.....
Old 02-27-06, 02:02 PM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can FEEL your pain
Old 02-27-06, 02:40 PM
meta1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by shaolin
I can FEEL your pain
I second that. I have a black 350 and it seems minor scratches just find their way to my car. I plan on getting it polished and buffed in April. No dings yet though.

I better knock on wood.
Old 02-27-06, 03:39 PM
RshaoKh
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiBlueG35
UC Irvine is way too busy there.....plus bunch of construction there right now right? I remember the six years I was there with my 95 Accord sedan.......hard to find even one parking space in the morning.....
Yea Every year I have problems finding places to live because ALL of my roomates/future roomates have cars and parking is always an issue. I'm currently living at Oxford Court and we get 3 parking spots so this year has been great. It takes about 5-10 min to walk to class and my job has a gated parking structure so I'm not worried about getting dings/dents when I walk to class or drive to work. Like people say.... UCI = Under Construction Indefinitely.

Anyway, yea I did get over my first ding after like a few days but I just had to get it fixed since my car isn't even a year old (3months almost).
Old 02-27-06, 03:44 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Morrissey
I went to the grocery store last night and found a spot right in the front. I parked my car right next to the curb with ample room on the left so the guy/girl could open their door with no chance of dinging my car.

When I came out of the grocery store the car was gone, but there was a shopping cart just a few inches from my driver's side door (wtf). I mean, they could have put the cart anywhere, but the jackasses decided to put it just a few inches from my car. Luckily the cart didn't actually hit my car b/c there weren't an dings or scratches, but still....some people can be so inconsiderate.
They're not just inconsiderate, they're completely OBLIVIOUS !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Inconsiderate sort of implies that they know what they're doing but disregard anyway. They actually don't have a clue. They don't think the same way we do. Doesn't even enter the mind that the cart can cause damage.
Everyone gets on my case for parking in the farthest remote corner of a parking lot. But......
I remember my first ding.....
Old 02-27-06, 03:57 PM
RshaoKh
Pole Position

Originally Posted by engin_ear
They're not just inconsiderate, they're completely OBLIVIOUS !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Inconsiderate sort of implies that they know what they're doing but disregard anyway. They actually don't have a clue. They don't think the same way we do. Doesn't even enter the mind that the cart can cause damage.
Everyone gets on my case for parking in the farthest remote corner of a parking lot. But......
I remember my first ding.....
I think you're both right. Some people don't really care what happens to their cars, so getting hit by a shopping cart doesn't mean much. They know there's going to be damage but they could care less since they have 9999 other dents/dings/craters. That I think would be inconsiderate since they think that dmg to a car is meaningless since it's meaningless to them. Also, when you see a shiny new Lexus/BMW/Benz I'm sure that any sort of damage would cause some sort of distress on the owner... kind of common sense. Then there are oblivious people who are just too lazy to put the carts back. The problem with my shopping cart ding was that I parked so far away from Ralph's (to eat Korean bbq with my friends) that it got me wondering how in the world a cart would make it's way here. Since it was so far I would assume that they were lazy but the scratch mark was so big that it seemed intentional to me....
Old 02-27-06, 04:01 PM
lxlplaylxl
Driver School Candidate

owch!! sorry to hear about the ding! i park as far away from everything as possible and i havent gotten any dings yet... but i took some girl home and she puked in my car... :-/
Old 02-27-06, 04:22 PM
is4me2
Lead Lap

Cool

I'm glad you were able to get your dent out! The car dealer gave me a card from Dent Wizard Paintless Dent Removal for 1st Ding Free ($99 value ) Like Kensteele said it is for the first 90 days. I hope to h*** I don't have to use it!
Old 02-27-06, 06:04 PM
lifeisgood
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ever hear of dingdefenders?

I was looking for something magnetic that I could attach to the doors when I could not find an out of the way parking space--I found this company and ordered their product. Anyone else hear of them?

www.dingdefenders.com
Old 02-27-06, 06:08 PM
ecr527
Lexus Champion

That's pretty cool that they offered some of you 1 free dent removal coupons. I didn't get one of those when I bought my car. I'm praying that I don't get one anytime soon. Unfortunately, it's not a matter of if you'll get one, but when.
Old 02-27-06, 06:26 PM
TurkEclisp
Rookie

Originally Posted by lifeisgood
I was looking for something magnetic that I could attach to the doors when I could not find an out of the way parking space--I found this company and ordered their product. Anyone else hear of them?

www.dingdefenders.com

Hey that link dont work..

No dings yet. came close tho.. last weekend i went to get coffee.. noone was there so i took a front spot on the end and got close to the curb. as soon as i ordered i went in and someone pulled up. parked next to me.. and was on my side even ugh... cant take no chances anymore lol gl all
Old 02-27-06, 06:32 PM
cdeeznuts
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default korean bbq

ohh i love that korean bbq place. i live down michelson before culver.
Old 02-27-06, 06:46 PM
lifeisgood
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TurkEclisp
Hey that link dont work..

No dings yet. came close tho.. last weekend i went to get coffee.. noone was there so i took a front spot on the end and got close to the curb. as soon as i ordered i went in and someone pulled up. parked next to me.. and was on my side even ugh... cant take no chances anymore lol gl all
Sorry, (I added an extra letter) try this:

www.dingdefender.com
Old 02-27-06, 07:51 PM
RshaoKh
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lifeisgood

www.dingdefenders.com
Wow... that looks pretty useful. Only problem I can see with that is someone could easily walk by and steal your ding defender.
Old 02-27-06, 08:00 PM
lifeisgood
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RshaoKh
Wow... that looks pretty useful. Only problem I can see with that is someone could easily walk by and steal your ding defender.
Good point--but since they are color coded--if you are in a parking lot--my guess is that most people won't notice them, epecially the unconcious door dingers. Anyway if you want a good laugh, check out the brief movie clip on the site. I think I've felt that way more than once...that's why my last car was a Saturn.

http://www.dingdefender.com/DINGrage/dingdefenders.wmv

Quick Reply: My first ding...