IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

My first ding...

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-06, 08:28 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 270 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by lifeisgood
Anyway if you want a good laugh, check out the brief movie clip on the site. I think I've felt that way more than once...that's why my last car was a Saturn.

http://www.dingdefender.com/DINGrage/dingdefenders.wmv
That video clip is only a small part of the original, which made the rounds via email about a year ago. The altercation builds from there, with the two ladies eventually ramming each other cars, finally leading to a couple of smoldering wrecks.
Old 03-03-06, 07:43 AM
redcell
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was walking past the car this morning to get the paper and I see a huge red paint mark in the driver side rear door. My heart dropped a bit when it when a dab of detailing spray didnt take it out. So I pulled out the clay bar and after 3 passes it disappeared.

Old 03-03-06, 10:00 AM
DirtySouth
Rookie

Originally Posted by redcell
I was walking past the car this morning to get the paper and I see a huge red paint mark in the driver side rear door. My heart dropped a bit when it when a dab of detailing spray didnt take it out. So I pulled out the clay bar and after 3 passes it disappeared.
Glad to hear you got it out. Did the clay bar strip off the any of the clear coat or wax?
Old 03-03-06, 10:02 AM
mcfly
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DirtySouth
Glad to hear you got it out. Did the clay bar strip off the any of the clear coat or wax?
You've never used claybar before I take it....

Claybar doesn't strip clearcoat. You'd need something seriously abrasive to do that. It does remove all wax and contaminants, so you need to re-wax or seal depending on what your preferred protectant is after you clay.
Old 03-03-06, 10:07 AM
DirtySouth
Rookie

Originally Posted by heffergm
You've never used claybar before I take it....

Claybar doesn't strip clearcoat. You'd need something seriously abrasive to do that. It does remove all wax and contaminants, so you need to re-wax or seal depending on what your preferred protectant is after you clay.
Thanks for the info, but the question was directed at redcell.
Old 03-03-06, 10:33 AM
DirtySouth
Rookie

And I should care why? You're posting on a public forum. You asked a question about a product that works in a very specific way every time it's used. Claybar will never strip clearcoat off a car.

So you can choose to be an *** if you want, but again, I don't much care.
Nice...gotta love the name-calling. Lets keep this forum civil and mature.
Old 03-03-06, 10:56 AM
redcell
Driver

I am going to have to re-wax, so hopefully it will warm up a little here in NoVa so I can do that.
Old 03-03-06, 01:50 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

And I should care why? You're posting on a public forum. You asked a question about a product that works in a very specific way every time it's used. Claybar will never strip clearcoat off a car.

but that doesn't mean you can be an ***. we have been at this before already. we know you are very knowledgeable and a very good asset to the new IS community, but please be nice to other members. it goes a long way. your occasional attitude is not really welcome here and i sincerely ask you to tone down on that.
Old 03-03-06, 05:02 PM
LexFather

Well the admins and mods care bub.

Rules
https://www.clublexus.com/index.php/...ew/2160/1/126/

Response to Comments
If you have a problem with another member's comments in a posted thread, do not respond with any further comments that will aggravate the situation. Reacting to a hostile post with more hostility puts you in jeopardy, and puts you at risk for action against your account even if it is another member’s fault. Members have two options of recourse:

Email the moderators of the forum in which the offensive comment is posted, directing them to the individual and thread in which the problem occurs. Use the "Notify a Moderator" button on the bottom of the offensive post to accomplish the same thing. Moderators will look into the issues and take the appropriate actions.
Resolve the problem between both of you via email or Private Message (PM).
Old 03-03-06, 05:09 PM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GAH someone with a yellow car hit me at the school parking lot. I saw a 3 cm yellow mark on the driver side door along with 3 white ones and 1 black. Luckily it came off after 20 mins. Darn those kids who cant drive.
Old 08-31-07, 09:42 AM
5humans
Driver School Candidate

Default My first ding...

Originally Posted by RshaoKh
Sent you a PM.

Can you send me his info too? I also live in the OC area. Thanks!
Old 08-31-07, 10:13 AM
RshaoKh
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 5humans
Can you send me his info too? I also live in the OC area. Thanks!
Sent. GL with it.
Old 08-31-07, 10:28 AM
RocketGuy3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I just noticed my first small ding a couple weeks back, too... No effing clue how it happened. The paint was unharmed so far as I can see, but there's just a tiny indentation over the front right fender, and you can only notice it with the properly angled light.

It still bugs the s*** out of me, and I plan to get it fixed.
Old 08-31-07, 10:54 AM
sportsfan8
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RshaoKh
Sent. GL with it.
I could use a good PDR dude in OC too... lol. Maybe you should post the info here instead of PM. Thanks.
Old 08-31-07, 11:14 AM
RshaoKh
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sportsfan8
I could use a good PDR dude in OC too... lol. Maybe you should post the info here instead of PM. Thanks.
I would but I'm not really sure if that would violate any forum rules in the sense that I'm advertising for someone not sponsored by CL.... Too lazy to read the rules so I'll just assume it would violate something?

Quick Reply: My first ding...