IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Excellent emergency handling on IS

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-06, 08:50 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 267 Likes on 237 Posts
Default Excellent emergency handling on IS

Last night I was zipping down route 9 in Howell NJ, in the left lane doing about 60 when the Silverado in front of me suddenly (and without signaling) veered into the right lane. A fraction of a second later, I discovered the reason for his action: A queen size mattress in the middle of the road, blocking my lane. By the time I saw it, I was scant yards from the thing. Instinctively, I jerked the wheel to the right and steered around it. I thank my lucky stars that there was no one in the way, 'cause I didn't have time to look. The car handled beautifully, hanging on to the pavement like it was on rails. Aside from a shot of adrenaline that no-doubt shot my heart rate into the stratosphere, no harm done. Gotta love the capabilities of this car.
Old 02-25-06, 09:03 AM
AllenAggie
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow! Good thing you and every one else around you were okay. I haven't had my Is tested like that yet, but I feel very confident in its capabilities too.
Old 02-25-06, 09:33 AM
Markie1985
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Bichon
Last night I was zipping down route 9 in Howell NJ, in the left lane doing about 60 when the Silverado in front of me suddenly (and without signaling) veered into the right lane. A fraction of a second later, I discovered the reason for his action: A queen size mattress in the middle of the road, blocking my lane. By the time I saw it, I was scant yards from the thing. Instinctively, I jerked the wheel to the right and steered around it. I thank my lucky stars that there was no one in the way, 'cause I didn't have time to look. The car handled beautifully, hanging on to the pavement like it was on rails. Aside from a shot of adrenaline that no-doubt shot my heart rate into the stratosphere, no harm done. Gotta love the capabilities of this car.

Were you on parkway north recently by like exit 82 i think... I was going south and i saw a crystal white IS.. I have only seen 3 IS in NJ since i got mine.
Old 02-25-06, 09:54 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 267 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by Markie1985
Were you on parkway north recently by like exit 82 i think... I was going south and i saw a crystal white IS.. I have only seen 3 IS in NJ since i got mine.
Sorry, wasn't me. I'm glad that I don't see many 2IS on the road, and hope it stays that way. I'd never consider a car like the Altima, seems like you can't drive a block without see one.
Old 02-25-06, 09:55 AM
dfw350
Lead Lap

Old 02-25-06, 10:13 AM
gshb
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there was a bumper on the 405 at night...i ran it over

granted i was driving a honda accord...didnt have my IS yet =P
Old 02-25-06, 10:21 AM
pumper
Rookie

About the third day I had my IS350, I was getting off an exit ramp when a pickup decided he needed to exit also at the last second. He turned right in front of me without looking. I hit the brakes and slid to the right, and he just barely missed me. I was not only impressed with the dynamics of the car, but the anti-lock brakes also. They engaged very quickly and without the usual pedal vibration I'm used to on other cars. The car reacted to my inputs as well as the M3 I owned prior to the IS. Very impressive!

pumper
Old 02-25-06, 01:16 PM
Foxberry
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Bichon
That was my mattress! LOL, kidding...glad the IS got you out of harm's way. I'm on Rt. 9 all the time...I'm surprised I havent seen you on the road yet.