IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Someone hit my car, at work, in an empty lot

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-06 | 03:30 PM
Tony1
Lead Lap

if it were just the fender, it'd be nothing, , they will probably change the door
for you, since its a new car, and if i were you i wouldnt accept any bondo on a brand new
lexus...
Old 03-04-06 | 04:48 PM
trent
Advanced

Originally Posted by tqlla3k
Here are the pictures. The car looks much worse in person, the door is creased where it meets the fender. The paint is cracked. The crease is about 1 foot long.

What are my chances of getting the door replaced?

Here is a picture of where I was parked. Notice how packed the lot is. How the hell do you hit my car in this lot?

Wow , interesting on how someone could've hit you in an empty parking lot The good thing is that it looks completely repairable, you probably don't want another door because the vin number will be different.
Old 03-04-06 | 04:59 PM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Having had nearly identical damage on a different car due to a deer collision, the body shop (an excellent one) replaced both the fender and the door skin. (Not the whole door)

Does your building have security cameras? Sure hope so. Looks like someone deserves some time behind bars.

Sorry to hear about your ordeal...
Old 03-04-06 | 05:03 PM
Kermee
Advanced

Dang. That royally sucks.

Least find who did it, hopefully, so you don't have to claim comprehensive on the damages unless you're planning to just bite the bullet and pay for it. As Bichon said, someone belongs behind bars for damaging a 2IS like that but unfortunately since no-one was probably hurt and it happened on private property (parking lot), it's out of the local PD juristriction.

Cheers,
Kermee
Old 03-04-06 | 05:25 PM
tqlla3k
Lexus Test Driver

The woman who did it was there when I came out. She was pretty sorry. She's the mother of some woman who works on my floor.

She said she was watching her daugher put her grand daughter in their car, when she backed up into my car.

I guess she was bringing her grand daughter to my work, to meet her daughter... then she hit my car.

I dont see how one would hit my car like that..... but it happenend.
Old 03-04-06 | 05:29 PM
accelerate
Lead Lap

Wow that really sucks, is there any paint from the other car on yours. Alot of times this happens and you could possible find the looser that did the damage, if it from somebody from your job. Lock around for that color match and maybe find some damage on there car. Worked for me once. Looks like about $3500 worth of damage but could be more. Hope you find that lo life!!!
Old 03-04-06 | 05:43 PM
2006lx470
Driver

Oh well THe car is old
its a used car
Cars depereciate

Just leave the damage its nothing major
Old 03-04-06 | 05:52 PM
is4me2
Lead Lap

Cool

Oh, I feel for you. It doesn't seem to matter how careful one is. I'm trying not to be too hyper about going out in the car but every time you leave your house there are near misses out there. People just don't pay attention! The good thing is you know who hit you and can have her insurance pay for it. I'd never been in an accident until about three months ago, a kid not paying attention at a stop light rear ended a girl who rear ended me and forced me into someone else. Your Lexus dealer will advise you of what body shop they use for their vehicles. The one here in my town is excellent. I'm sure your car will be good as new soon. Please look on the bright side, at least you weren't hurt and it could have been far worse damage. But again I'm very sorry. Thanks for sharing.
Old 03-04-06 | 10:35 PM
pokerface
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 2006lx470
Oh well THe car is old
its a used car
Cars depereciate

Just leave the damage its nothing major

this is an example of HUMOR, right?
Old 03-04-06 | 10:44 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Originally Posted by tqlla3k
The woman who did it was there when I came out. She was pretty sorry. She's the mother of some woman who works on my floor.
At least you know who hit your car...

As much as it sucks, understand that these types of things can be fixed. Let your insurance companies take care of it. I know that such an accident stays with the car's history, but all will be o.k. in the end. Such an accident shouldn't affect the car's resale value too much because it's all cosmetic, not electrical or structural.

Keep us informed on the process of fixing the car. Good luck!
Old 03-05-06 | 12:05 AM
lexnan
Driver School Candidate

Dude, that sucks. Definitely take it to Lexus for repairs. Goodluck. Keep us posted.

----------------------
IS350 soon
Old 03-05-06 | 12:12 AM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

That sucks. The color is irridescent so it is difficult to match up, but since it was her fault and her insurance will be paying you should definately go to the Lexus dealer body shop.
Good luck.
Old 03-05-06 | 06:44 AM
casey225
Pole Position

That totally sucks. Same thing happened to me last week with my 4Runner, at least it wasn't brand spanking new. The person that hit me was too much of a coward to own up to it, so I had to pay for it. You would be amazed at how a good body shop can match the paint. The same 4Runner had one door a different shade of black than the rest, the DM kept trying to tell me that it wasn't a paint flaw and making these ridiculous reasons it wasn't Toyota's fault. So I finally had it repainted and you would never know.
Old 03-05-06 | 07:35 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by casey225
The same 4Runner had one door a different shade of black than the rest, the DM kept trying to tell me that it wasn't a paint flaw and making these ridiculous reasons it wasn't Toyota's fault. So I finally had it repainted and you would never know.
I'd much rather have a factory finish with the color a little off than even the best body shop repaint. The factory bakes the finish at a much higher temperature, leading to a far more durable paint job. The repainted door will also cost you at trade-in time.

(No, I'm not trying to make the original poster feel worse. If he picks a good shop, I'm sure his car will look fine. But I sure as heck wouldn't voluntarily repaint a factory panel for something minor)
Old 03-05-06 | 09:17 AM
casey225
Pole Position

No, if the other lady is at fault, and it's on her insurance, let Lexus replace the whole panel if need be. She made a stupid mistake, and while probably not intentional, I think people should have to pay for their stupidity. I would not worry about cost. However, if you are paying out of your own pocket, you have decisions to make about current cost vs. future value.

Quick Reply: Someone hit my car, at work, in an empty lot