IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Price Advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-06, 10:55 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by charlesmsn
confirmed. my contacts at the dealers say the same about the southern region.
(since it's more popular to sit on cool leather in the summer rather than frying your rear)

Rock, is this applicable everywhere?
id rather fry my rear than pay 2k for stuff i dont want Plus I have methods to keep the car cooler in the summer, tint, crack the window a little, winshield screen

some of these packages have parts that are common to other packages, i would hope that if I were to get like the sports package that has shared parts in the premium package that Im not charged the full 3700 for the sports package.

Last edited by 4TehNguyen; 03-08-06 at 10:58 AM.
Old 03-08-06, 11:20 AM
charlesmsn
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
id rather fry my rear than pay 2k for stuff i dont want Plus I have methods to keep the car cooler in the summer, tint, crack the window a little, winshield screen

some of these packages have parts that are common to other packages, i would hope that if I were to get like the sports package that has shared parts in the premium package that Im not charged the full 3700 for the sports package.
there's not much to PT. heated/venti seats, perforated leather, wood trim. that's it. $1290 MSRP.

if you don't want it, special order for a IS without it....and wait 4 months.

Lexus is basing that change upon sales, special orders and dealer/customer input.
Old 03-08-06, 11:25 AM
charlesmsn
Driver

Originally Posted by DirtySouth
I was at my dealer this past weekend and I mentioned how alot of people on the east & west coasts are getting better deals than the midwest. One of the salesman said that this is because most of the IS's on the west coast and south dont come with things like heated seats and AWD. I thought this was BS for two reasons. #1 With or without these options doesn't change the fact that people are getting discounts off MSRP. #2 I'm pretty darn sure that every IS comes with heated seats. Has anyone seen one without?
Getting a deal is predicated on many things, a few being: the volume of the dealership, demand for that particular car and relative markup on the car being sold.

for example:
you'll get a better deal a dealership that sells 50 ISs a month in CA than one that sells 5 in Iowa.
You'll get a better deal on a car that has been sitting around for a while or has options no one wants (which is pretty hard for an IS!)
You'll get a better deal on a fully loaded, allocated IS350, than a bare-bones basic IS250.

People have done many things to get a better deal. Some posters here have flown +500 miles, did crazy emailing to various dealerships, etc.

Too bad this isn't China where people are getting deals by buying in groups (see last week's wall street journal)!
Old 03-08-06, 12:03 PM
Foxberry
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by integlikew
Premium, sports and luxury packages all have them. You would have to get a base vechile to not have it. Now im sure someone has a base vechile.

Here in cali i seen AWD and 250's. It was 350s that were harder to find then 250's. All the cars i roadtested had heated seats. And i got the luxurxy packages so mine has heated seats. I would say that 90% of people have heated seats if not more.
Yeah, I would def. say more than 90%. I don't recall seeing even (1) person on these boards that don't have at least the premium package at a bare minimum. IS's without heated seats will be VERY few and far between, me thinks.
Old 03-08-06, 05:25 PM
lifeisgood
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My experience with three different dealers for pricing on an IS250 AWD w/Nav Black with Cashmere interior

Dealer 1-MSRP and a 4-6 week wait

Dealer 2: (actually an independent leasing agent) quoted me $750 off MSRP

Dealer 3: Contacted internet sales manager: he had the exact car on the lot, went in two days before month-endl; after some initial negotiating I was offered the car at $1,750 off. Said if you can do a little better, I'll move up my time frame a bit. Said I wanted $2,500 off and would sign that night. Dealer came back 10 minutes later and agreed, provided that final buyers order was signed before month-end. No problem. I've been driving my new car since last Thursday.
Old 03-08-06, 05:48 PM
Jatche1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lifeisgood
My experience with three different dealers for pricing on an IS250 AWD w/Nav Black with Cashmere interior

Dealer 3: Contacted internet sales manager: he had the exact car on the lot, went in two days before month-endl; after some initial negotiating I was offered the car at $1,750 off. Said if you can do a little better, I'll move up my time frame a bit. Said I wanted $2,500 off and would sign that night. Dealer came back 10 minutes later and agreed, provided that final buyers order was signed before month-end. No problem. I've been driving my new car since last Thursday.
What Dealer is "Dealer 3?" I was told by most long island dealers so far: not budging on msrp and no ML available.
Old 03-08-06, 07:44 PM
knox_sport
Driver

Default premium pkg in southern region

Originally Posted by charlesmsn
confirmed. my contacts at the dealers say the same about the southern region.
(since it's more popular to sit on cool leather in the summer rather than frying your rear)

Rock, is this applicable everywhere?

So, did your contacts have an idea when those Premium-equipped cars were going to start hitting the dealers?
Old 03-08-06, 11:03 PM
integlikew
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Way to go. As i been telling people around here dont just go with one dealer. Search many dealers and you will find the car you want at the price you want. Do believe the first dealer when he tells you the car is special order only and going to cost msrp. Shop and round and youll find you car is not impossible to find. And youll also find they do make what you want in your area. Not like some people saying they dont make this type of car in this area and such.
Old 03-09-06, 06:07 AM
charlesmsn
Driver

Originally Posted by knox_sport
So, did your contacts have an idea when those Premium-equipped cars were going to start hitting the dealers?
They are set for the March build, so we should be seeing them soon.
Old 03-09-06, 07:41 AM
linh811
Lead Lap

I talked with probably 20+ dealers. Most were giving me the MSRP line, or just throwing out scraps like 2 years free service or free tinting etc...

Finally found a dealer that gave me $2300 off MSRP, had an IS350 on the lot in the exact exterior and interior color that I wanted. Shipping to my driveway was $450, car is sweet, life is good
Old 03-09-06, 08:11 AM
DirtySouth
Rookie

Not to get off the topic too much, but where do you find these internet sales managers? Do you have to go to the dealership's website to contact them?
Old 03-09-06, 09:31 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by DirtySouth
Not to get off the topic too much, but where do you find these internet sales managers? Do you have to go to the dealership's website to contact them?
yea basically, you can do a purchase inquiry from the lexus site after building the IS you wanted, and it will link you to local dealers
Old 03-09-06, 09:43 AM
integlikew
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
yea basically, you can do a purchase inquiry from the lexus site after building the IS you wanted, and it will link you to local dealers
Yup go to each of the dealers sites around you and do a "build your lexus". Then at the end theres a lil box or somthing that says purchase inquiry. Click there and enter in your info. They will email you or call you. Do this to all the dealers around you and when they call you ask if they have your car and when they will get the new allocation list and call them on that day.