IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Abusive Salesperson

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-06, 10:58 AM
dfw350
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe you should post his name here so nobody has to deal w/ that guy ever in their life!!
Old 03-08-06, 12:01 PM
DirtySouth
Rookie

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
Say one thing: ASSAULT.

This is a legal matter. This was verbal assault and harassment. You have an opinion that Lexus asked for. This type of action should not be tolerated. Do not hesitate to ask the General Manager to terminate that salesman in front of you! If the General Manager does not terminate him in front of you, tell thim that you will contact Lexus Regional Headquarters to terminate him for allowing his employee to verbally assault and harass you.

I will not tolerate that type of action from anyone whether its a guy selling me gum or selling me a car. His actions are outrageous! Contact the proper authorities to handle this matter immediately. This person should not work in a Lexus dealership because he represents a product that we value.

Good luck on the matter. Keep us informed.
LOL...Holy Shat, Philip! I'm not disagreeing with you in any way, but just find that really funny. Goin' straight for the jugular, huh?
Old 03-08-06, 12:08 PM
Foxberry
Lead Lap

Wow, that guy sounds like a punk. I've got to believe this guy has gotten plenty of other less than stellar reviews.
Old 03-08-06, 12:22 PM
TheRupp
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Nope I wouldn't take this guy's crap. He should be happy enough that he made money off of you. As far as the assault matter goes, I don't really think it should go THAT deep.

Get the guy fired. Toyota/Lexus is moving up very quickly in the market and has a reputation for having some of the best customer service around.

You can't let a guy like this sit around so he can degrade the Lexus image. If he needs a new job, I heard Volkswagen is hiring. He'd fit right in there.
Old 03-08-06, 12:34 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I would have dragged him out back and beaten the pi$$ out of him.

Jonny
Old 03-08-06, 12:37 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,305 Likes on 1,406 Posts

Originally Posted by car_lost
next time you see him... give him a swift kick to the nuts.
Originally Posted by Dx3
I would have dragged him out back and beaten the pi$$ out of him.

Jonny
I wonder if you'll be able to get access to the internet from the state prison where you'd go for doing that? Maybe you could update us once a week from the library there ?

Guys enough with the internet chest pounding please... let's give some constructive advice and not violence.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 03-08-06 at 12:41 PM.
Old 03-08-06, 01:08 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Knowing my temper, I would probably be posting from prison.

I wouldn't take that kind of verbal abuse. Heck, if it was ME, Yeah well........nuff said. Bad temper will lead to things......

But in all seriousness, Follow Philip's Advice.
Old 03-08-06, 01:12 PM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IS250-AWD
Stopped in to my local Lexus dealer to have a tire checked. While I was there I stepped into the showroom and approached the salesperson who sold me the car.

He Yelled at me things of which I won't repeat, but I did get one message, He was really mad about the scoring that I did on the Lexus Customer Questionaire.

I filled out the questionairre as honestly as I could and he didn't get a stellar review so I guess he felt retribution was in order. He did yell "get another salesperson" or words to that effect but honestly I couldn't make out much else that he said.

I had called and left messages that he didn't return.

I had asked him for information about the car after picking it up and he didn't follow up.

The key number plate was missing and I asked that he get me one (three times) and he never followed up.

Overall I didn't think he did a good job never mind an outstanding job and I gave him a middle of the road score.

Be warned! I don't know if it applies to all dealerships but there are financial rewards attached to getting good reviews.
Did anyone else at the dealership here him yelling at you did you just walk away or call a manager at that time. Who even told him you scored him that way those are confidential so something here seems a little fishy what dealer was this.
Old 03-08-06, 01:15 PM
lexnan
Driver School Candidate

All I could say is he got 'punked'... Talk to the GM, Talk to the GM, Talk to the GM..

------------------
IS350 soon
Old 03-08-06, 01:18 PM
y2ks2k
CL Folding Freak

I liked my salesman and gave him good marks but the finance person screwed me by lying to me about the clear bra (I paid $600 and didn’t get the front bumper covered). So I kinda hammered her (nothing below average though) in the finance section. My sales person called me a few days back and offered to put the entire front bumper guard on for free. I thought it was od, I didn’t think they would get survey info directly from a person. I would call Lexus up and that and complain. Maybe you’ll get a free ipod 
Old 03-08-06, 01:19 PM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another question you said you walked and approached the sales person what was your reason for doing this. Im not pointing fingers or anything but im just trying to find out what you were doing.
Old 03-08-06, 01:29 PM
DirtySouth
Rookie

Seriously though...I think you should post his name & location so no one else makes the mistake of working with him. Maybe you could even snap a pic of him with your camera phone & post it here. What do you think?
Old 03-08-06, 01:35 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

He is a saleperson trying to make a living just like everyone else, and it's not like you have to deal with him everyday. Just let it go... I would.
Old 03-08-06, 01:39 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DirtySouth
LOL...Holy Shat, Philip! I'm not disagreeing with you in any way, but just find that really funny. Goin' straight for the jugular, huh?
I've done it before (not with Lexus) and I'll do it again!

All I'm saying is that you shouldn't take shat from anyone, especially if they want your business.
Old 03-08-06, 01:46 PM
newr
Lexus Champion

Iike others have said, talk to the GM.

I had a similar situation when I was buying my ITR. Long story short, we did not reach a deal after 2 hrs of negotiating so I walked out of the dealership. The saleperson got mad and started to curse at me and said I waisted his day and bla... bla... bla.. I called the GM next day and told him about it. He was very sorry and said he would make it right for me. I ended up getting $1500 off from the price they did not give me the day before. I also got a free nose bra and a free security system.

When I received the survey from Acura, lets just say the saleperson did not get a good score. Guess what,.. he's still working there today..

Quick Reply: Abusive Salesperson