IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

XM Radio Kit from Sewell Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-06, 06:37 AM
Goldglv
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XM Radio Kit from Sewell Lexus

I wanted find out from you guys that bought the kit from Sewell Lexus if you guys had any problems with the package contents.

The "double H" looking cable was not in a plastic bag or wrapped up, it was just laying in the box. All of the connectors were bright white and one of them was this dull yellow.

There were 2 other wires that were just placed in the box, no wrapping, nothing. The bracket had all of these scratches on it and that wasn't in any wrapping either. This kit just looked used to me but I wanted to see what you guys thought. Thanks for your input....
Old 03-09-06, 09:55 AM
integlikew
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is there any instructions in that kit? On the web site it only shows them for the LS it think. And I also heard from other people that the local dealer wanted like 99.00 for the install kit and 199.00 for the reciever, which comes out to the same price that it is on lexus-parts. Is this the truth, becuase if it is ill just run down to my local dealer and pick it up insted of ordering it and waiting.
Old 03-09-06, 11:05 AM
Traturn
Driver

Just opened up a new kit; It is exactly as you describe. the double-H harness isnt wrapped and there is another black wire (ground?) that is loose in the box. 1 of the harness connectors is a yellow-ish color vs white on the others.

The metal bracket is in a cardboard surround, and is not painted or pretty. few scratches/scuffs from manufacturing.

inside the cardboard box is an antennae in a bag, plus install stuff in a bag.

sounds like you got a new kit!
Old 03-09-06, 11:16 AM
Goldglv
Driver

integlikew,

You can download the instructions from their website, they did update them with the IS250/350 instructions With the club lexus discount, you would pay $269 from Sewell Lexus as opposed to paying $300 from your local dealer. That's why I bought it from Sewell.

Traturn,

Thanks for your reply, I guess that's the way they come, just seemed a little odd to me. But now I feel a little better. Are you going to install it yourself?
Old 03-09-06, 11:35 AM
integlikew
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Goldglv
integlikew,

You can download the instructions from their website, they did update them with the IS250/350 instructions With the club lexus discount, you would pay $269 from Sewell Lexus as opposed to paying $300 from your local dealer. That's why I bought it from Sewell.

Traturn,

Thanks for your reply, I guess that's the way they come, just seemed a little odd to me. But now I feel a little better. Are you going to install it yourself?
I didnt know about the discount? What is it 10%? how do you get it? How much for shipping? Is all of lexus-parts list prices before the discount? Or do they have already lower prices then the dealer? Im looking for factory all rubber floor mats and i was woundering if the price they have is the same as if i got them from the local dealer also? I also know what the problem im having with the instructions from their site is. I want sirius not Xm. And if you look under sirius install instructions its the LS430 still. Under XM it is correct. Any word on the Sirius kit? Is it out yet?
Old 03-09-06, 11:48 AM
Goldglv
Driver

Originally Posted by integlikew
I didnt know about the discount? What is it 10%? how do you get it? How much for shipping? Is all of lexus-parts list prices before the discount? Or do they have already lower prices then the dealer? Im looking for factory all rubber floor mats and i was woundering if the price they have is the same as if i got them from the local dealer also? I also know what the problem im having with the instructions from their site is. I want sirius not Xm. And if you look under sirius install instructions its the LS430 still. Under XM it is correct. Any word on the Sirius kit? Is it out yet?
Yeah, I ordered the lip spoiler and rubber all season mats($89 w/o discount) and then saw the link for the discount. Go to the top of the page, there is an "advertiser's index", then click on Aftermarket Reseller's" and then you will see the link for Sewell Lexus. The coupon code is "CL911M" I believe. My local dealer said it was $199 for the mats, Sewell has them for $89. I don't believe the Sirius kit is available yet but I'm not sure. Hope this helps....