IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Lexus Personalized Settings Survey

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-06, 05:20 AM
is4me2
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Lexus Personalized Settings Survey

I have an appointment for Monday to get the personalized settings done. I've picked six that I plan to get done. If any of you have had the personalized settings done are you happy with them and which ones you really like and which ones you are sorry you had done. It might help people deciding.
Old 03-10-06, 05:54 AM
charlesmsn
Driver

http://www.lexus.com/assets/models/w...ectionForm.pdf

for reference for those who don't know what all the options are...

also, I'm trying to compile a new thread where all non-LPS tweaks are in one place (for the FAQ),
if any of you remember reading a post regarding any LPS or non-LPS tweaks,
could you PM me and give me a link and post #? TIA.

Last edited by charlesmsn; 03-10-06 at 06:19 AM.
Old 03-10-06, 08:06 AM
lexnan
Driver School Candidate

I think the standard settings are good enough eh ....

--------------------------
IS350
Old 03-10-06, 08:07 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I had to change a few of them for my taste...
Old 03-10-06, 08:11 AM
charlesmsn
Driver

Originally Posted by is4me2
I have an appointment for Monday to get the personalized settings done. I've picked six that I plan to get done. If any of you have had the personalized settings done are you happy with them and which ones you really like and which ones you are sorry you had done. It might help people deciding.
perhaps if you listed what changes you are going to make, people would be more likely to comment on what they made/will make?
Old 03-10-06, 08:37 AM
is4me2
Lead Lap

Okay, here goes. I know there are pros and cons each way but this is what I'm doing and why.
For the personalized settings I'm choosing:

#1 Pressing the unlock button one time to unlock all doors. I'm choosing this because I think it is a pain pressing the button twice to let in passengers.

#9 Press button one time to release the trunk (no delay). Choosing this because I don't like pressing and holding the button.

#10 After closing the door, the interior lights can be adjusted to stay on for the following: Chose 7.5 seconds. That is long enough for me. Don't need 15 seconds.

#12 After turning off the ignition and all the doors are closed, if the headlights are ON or in AUTO, the lights can be programmed for the following: Turn off immediately, when the vehicle is turned off and the driver door is opened. Choose this because I don't like having to wait to see the lights go off.

#13 While driving the vehicle and the headlight switch is placed in the "AUTO" mode, the front headlights can be programmed to run on under darker or lighter ambient light conditions. Circle setting selection: Chose #2 - a little lighter than normal. Want to make sure I've got lights on so people can see me.

#15 When the air conditioner is ON or in AUTO, the vehicle can be programmed for the following: When the climate control is turned on, the user must manually select the desired mode, recirculation or fresh air mode. Chose this because I like to keep in recirculation (don't like exhaust fumes) and don't want the car deciding when to use fresh and recirculated air.

So there you go.

Last edited by is4me2; 03-10-06 at 08:40 AM.
Old 03-10-06, 09:02 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 270 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by is4me2
Okay, here goes. I know there are pros and cons each way but this is what I'm doing and why.
For the personalized settings I'm choosing:

#1 Pressing the unlock button one time to unlock all doors. I'm choosing this because I think it is a pain pressing the button twice to let in passengers.
I leave the key fob in my pocket. I just grab the door handle, which unlocks all the other doors (per instructions on p.6 of the owners manual). I'm probably going to do this one too, but given that I don't use the buttons on the fob very often it isn't a big issue for me.

#9 Press button one time to release the trunk (no delay). Choosing this because I don't like pressing and holding the button.
I'd be concerned that if the button in my pocket was bumped accidently, the trunk would remain open. (The doors will automatically re-lock if someone doesn't enter within a minute)

#10 After closing the door, the interior lights can be adjusted to stay on for the following: Chose 7.5 seconds. That is long enough for me. Don't need 15 seconds.
I'm planning to have them stay on longer. Sometimes I like to secure parcels, etc., before starting the car.

#12 After turning off the ignition and all the doors are closed, if the headlights are ON or in AUTO, the lights can be programmed for the following: Turn off immediately, when the vehicle is turned off and the driver door is opened. Choose this because I don't like having to wait to see the lights go off.
Why are you waiting to see the lights go off? I trust that they'll go off, and find it convenient to have them on in dark areas.

#13 While driving the vehicle and the headlight switch is placed in the "AUTO" mode, the front headlights can be programmed to run on under darker or lighter ambient light conditions. Circle setting selection: Chose #2 - a little lighter than normal. Want to make sure I've got lights on so people can see me.
Pretty happy with the current sensitivity. Car has DRLs, so I'm not as concerned.

#15 When the air conditioner is ON or in AUTO, the vehicle can be programmed for the following: When the climate control is turned on, the user must manually select the desired mode, recirculation or fresh air mode. Chose this because I like to keep in recirculation (don't like exhaust fumes) and don't want the car deciding when to use fresh and recirculated air.

So there you go.
From what I've read, the car will still start in "ventilate" mode each time the car is restarted, regardless of this setting. I also like leaving my car in re-circulate during the summer months, so I hope you'll prove me wrong on this one.
Old 03-10-06, 11:27 AM
brewkp4
Pole Position

The only one I had done was now when i touch the door handle all the doors unlock. Originally when i touched the driver side only the driver door would unlock. I know that this is potentially unsafe but the way that I look at it is if I had to use a key fob, it is habit for me to unlock all the doors anyways (I always hit the unlock button twice).
Old 03-10-06, 11:59 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 270 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by brewkp4
The only one I had done was now when i touch the door handle all the doors unlock. Originally when i touched the driver side only the driver door would unlock. I know that this is potentially unsafe but the way that I look at it is if I had to use a key fob, it is habit for me to unlock all the doors anyways (I always hit the unlock button twice).
The doors that unlock when you touch the handle isn't a LPS (dealer scan tool) setting. It is one that you do yourself, by following the instructions on p.6 of the owners manual.
Old 03-10-06, 12:15 PM
Morrissey
Driver

This probably sounds like an extremely stupid question, but how do you tilt the moonroof? I know if you push the ****, it'll open the moon roof entirely. If you rotate the **** clockwise it'll open it in increments (and close it counterclockwise). But how do you just tilt it?
Old 03-10-06, 12:30 PM
tim817
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Morrissey
This probably sounds like an extremely stupid question, but how do you tilt the moonroof? I know if you push the ****, it'll open the moon roof entirely. If you rotate the **** clockwise it'll open it in increments (and close it counterclockwise). But how do you just tilt it?
Turn it counterclockwise when it's close