IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Smart Access Key Glove

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-06, 09:51 AM
acsan
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I remember right, Redcell even offered to pay for the whole thing upfront, right? All we have to do is pay Redcell back so as not to trouble Federalman more than we already have. Did I remember correctly? Maybe we should start a spreadsheet or something to input everyone's addresses.
Old 03-29-06, 11:04 AM
redcell
Driver

Once federalman gets the final number we can figure out his total cost including shipping.
If everyone agrees to priority mail shipping here with delivery confirmation in the US it makes it easy and it'll be a flat rate for everyone. I'll still have to figure out how our Canadian friends want to handle shipping.
When everyone paypals me, they can include their address and I'll enter them into a spread sheet. Then I'll just transfer the money to federalman and send the gloves out when they come in.
Old 03-29-06, 11:24 AM
blkIS350
Driver

Kensteele and Pocky,

I would still like two. I PM'd Ken about one and, Pocky, if you can spare one as well that would be great.

How much are they and how should I pay?

Thanks.
Old 03-29-06, 04:24 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by blkIS350
Kensteele and Pocky,

I would still like two. I PM'd Ken about one and, Pocky, if you can spare one as well that would be great.

How much are they and how should I pay?

Thanks.
Your already on the list for 2. I gave up 2 spares for you. Previous page.
Old 03-29-06, 04:48 PM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I must missed the price. How much do they go for?
Old 03-29-06, 04:54 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by shaolin
I must missed the price. How much do they go for?
Can't remember myself per say. Around $8-10?
Old 03-29-06, 04:57 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by redcell
Once federalman gets the final number we can figure out his total cost including shipping.
If everyone agrees to priority mail shipping here with delivery confirmation in the US it makes it easy and it'll be a flat rate for everyone. I'll still have to figure out how our Canadian friends want to handle shipping.
When everyone paypals me, they can include their address and I'll enter them into a spread sheet. Then I'll just transfer the money to federalman and send the gloves out when they come in.
Just to make it easier on you, each paypal payment should contain a confirmed address. That way when you ship against that payment using the SHIP button in paypal, you not only use the correct and valid address so you won't have to copy down or keep track of any addresses, but also you get FREE delivery confirmation and that information is automatically sent to those of us who have paid.

So you will have fulfilled the obligations stipulated by paypal [payments] which is ship only to a confirmed address and to ship with online trackable confirmation, which will help settle whatever disputes might arise. All you need is a printer and those small USPS priority mail boxes FREE from the post office. You can probably pull everything together including printing, packing, and hauling all 40 boxes to the Post Office in about two hours.

Also thru this method you can ship to Canada using Global Priority, everything is included in the Ship Wizard, no guesswork on addresses or forms to fill out or weights, etc.

Within US the flat rate box is ~$5, to Canada ~$9. These are the shipping charges only.

Of course you don't have to do it this way but it protects everyone, we're all friends here and it's only 40 people, I know. Now all you have to do now if figure out how to handle all those fees with all the transfers and payments, etc.

Thanks for doing this, let me know if you need any help!
Old 03-29-06, 06:21 PM
acsan
Driver

Redcell,

Also, once we issue out the final payment instructions, be sure to have each member sending their paypal payment to type in their clublexus screen name on the message/comments section on paypal.

That way you can easily check off each member on the list of buyers which should help lessen any confusion and also prevent any members not on the list from receiving a glove that they weren't allocated for. Should you receive a payment from a member not on the list, you can either send the funds back or wait to see whether there will be any unclaimed glove in the end at which point you can decide whether or not to fulfill that member's order.
Old 03-29-06, 06:46 PM
IS350_PHIL
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kensteele
Within US the flat rate box is ~$5, to Canada ~$9. These are the shipping charges only.
I have been doing a lot of eBay selling recently and I know that USPS Priority mail for 1lb and under is exactly $4.05 (2-3 day shipping time) when I use the ship in Paypal and kensteele is correct that the post office gives away the Priority and Express mail boxes...
Old 03-29-06, 08:59 PM
redcell
Driver

Nice to see we are all on the same page in terms of shipping. Eeryone on the list has a paypal account, correct? If not, hurry up and sign up at aypal.com and get your shipping addresses confirmed.
Old 03-29-06, 09:04 PM
blkIS350
Driver

Originally Posted by pocky
Your already on the list for 2. I gave up 2 spares for you. Previous page.
That is great! Thanks! I will keep checking back for instructions on who to pay and how much.
Old 03-29-06, 09:13 PM
federalman
Rookie

It is really cool to see members working together.

and I am sorry for those who can't get the key glove this time.

I am just too busy to going back to dealer to pick one or two key gloves every week.

About other interior parts I will keep you guys updated.
Old 03-29-06, 09:53 PM
IS350_PHIL
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kensteele
Now all you have to do now if figure out how to handle all those fees with all the transfers and payments, etc.
The Paypal fee is a good point. The fee on $23.50 was $.98 or about 4.2%. I am pretty sure it is a sliding scale as I had some higher amounts with lower fee %. I certainly will be willing to throw an extra $1 or $2 on the top to cover the fees and the effort.
Old 03-29-06, 11:17 PM
DagsIS350
Driver School Candidate

Hey everyone. Thanks for setting this up. Just wanted to clarify. I need to set up a paypal account to pay for this, right? I'm a rookie when it comes to the paypal thing. Thanks again!
Old 03-29-06, 11:34 PM
imaputz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DagsIS350
Hey everyone. Thanks for setting this up. Just wanted to clarify. I need to set up a paypal account to pay for this, right? I'm a rookie when it comes to the paypal thing. Thanks again!
yep.. paypal is most easiest/safest...... but im sure CASH is an available option... but that is at your own risk =X

Quick Reply: Smart Access Key Glove