mr.BeboT
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

or get the CL logo on it instead.
Old 03-15-06, 11:48 AM
Jimmer350
Driver

Still 500 is a lot regardless of what is on them. I'm thinking a vendor will need to do this for us.
Old 03-15-06, 12:01 PM
redcell
Driver

Originally Posted by Jimmer350
Still 500 is a lot regardless of what is on them. I'm thinking a vendor will need to do this for us.
true true. The ClubLexus logo is a good idea. The keys for the GS and ES are essentially the same and would fit, right? If clublexus doesn't do it, I own lexowners.com and would consider doing it.
Old 03-15-06, 12:57 PM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by eddiec
Ok. My friend told me that he got it from this company (StarDiamond). I just checked their website and it is not listed on the website. One of you can contact them and order 10 or 20 to save the shipping cost from Taiwan to US

Remember to show them the photo so that they know which one you're asking for.

http://www.stardiamond.com.tw/
so tell me again, how did your friend get one of these from the company?
Old 03-15-06, 01:10 PM
krookid
Driver

I had a 250 then I traded it in on the 350 ML/Nav/Lux in Regina, I drove to Calgary to pick it up so I didn't have a salesman there. I was mistaken though it was Lexus in Regina that gave me the key holders ,and I just phoned and the manager said they were given to him by a vendor trying to pursuade them to order a whole bunch at a time. I asked if he had anymore but he said he only got 6 and they are already given out to preferred customers,I just happened to be lucky, sorry about getting your hopes up guys/gals.
Old 03-15-06, 01:38 PM
deuce2
Rookie

i would put out the money and sell them for $19.99 each if ya can guarantee i don't get sued.
Old 03-15-06, 01:58 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by deuce2
i would put out the money and sell them for $19.99 each if ya can guarantee i don't get sued.
i wouldn't pay $20 for them but I would probably pay $10. You wouldn't get sued, you'd probably get a cease and desist.
Old 03-15-06, 02:15 PM
Lexustom
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kensteele
And I would do that except for one thing. If these have to be manufactured, how do I know if the Lexus logo is being used properly? I can't sell these in the US without complying with the trademark.

You are SO correct in your thinking. I owned a company for years that imported products. If you don't have the "rights" to the logo sooner or later it becomes nothing but grief. This product could definitey be done but it must be done with all the "t's" crossed and the "i's" dotted.
Old 03-15-06, 04:05 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

These look really good. Well, subscribing for updates.

Eddie, sell me yours.
Old 03-15-06, 04:28 PM
Langdell
Driver

Originally Posted by Lexustom
You are SO correct in your thinking. I owned a company for years that imported products. If you don't have the "rights" to the logo sooner or later it becomes nothing but grief. This product could definitey be done but it must be done with all the "t's" crossed and the "i's" dotted.
And the bit in the company's e-mail about packing them with the logo face down is a dead giveaway (if it were even necessary) that they do not exactly have "rights" to use the Lexus logo. I want one of these cool looking gloves bad--preferably with the Lexus logo--but it's not worth anyone getting into trouble over.
Old 03-15-06, 04:30 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Langdell
--but it's not worth anyone getting into trouble over.
Yes it is! j/k
Old 03-15-06, 04:40 PM
is4me2
Lead Lap

Cool

Personally I don't see the attraction of that case. Yes it looks nice but the fob is completely encased in it and you have to unsnap it and move out the fob every time you use it. I use the fob every day to open my trunk and don't want to unsnap that thing and move the fob out every time.
Old 03-15-06, 04:53 PM
Langdell
Driver

Originally Posted by is4me2
Personally I don't see the attraction of that case. Yes it looks nice but the fob is completely encased in it and you have to unsnap it and move out the fob every time you use it. I use the fob every day to open my trunk and don't want to unsnap that thing and move the fob out every time.
I almost never use my fob. (Wow, that sounds both dirty and sad! ) I open my trunk just by using the button on the trunk lid--it's no more trouble than fishing in my pocket to press the trunk button on the fob and then still lift the trunk by hand anyway.

However, as the Texas summer approaches, I can see myself using my fob more often to activate the "all windows down" feature when unlocking the car after it has been sitting in the heat. Still, I would like the case.
Old 03-15-06, 04:55 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by is4me2
As opposed to most of the rest of us who almost never use the fob to open the trunk. To open, touch the button underneath the trunk lid first, use the trunk release inside the car second, the fob is third...for me. Who opens their trunk everyday anyway? LOL
Old 03-15-06, 04:57 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Langdell
I almost never use my fob. (Wow, that sounds both dirty and sad! ) I open my trunk just by using the button on the trunk lid--it's no more trouble than fishing in my pocket to press the trunk button on the fob and then still lift the trunk by hand anyway.

However, as the Texas summer approaches, I can see myself using my fob more often to activate the "all windows down" feature when unlocking the car after it has been sitting in the heat. Still, I would like the case.
Yes, still I would like the case also. Would be perfect for the second remote if you don't want to use if for primary.

Quick Reply: Smart Access Key Glove