IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Smart Access Key Glove

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-06 | 05:13 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

I'm not going to "import" anything illegal. But purchasing something at retail, that's a different story. To me, retail is probably 50 or 100 pieces...at least my intentions would be retail and not for resale or wholesale. So I asked our friends if they would consider a smaller minimum and at what price. If it is reasonable (based on the comments here), everyone should try to get 2 or more of these from me; I'll start a group buy and buy them (with your paypal money only) of course.
Old 03-15-06 | 05:14 PM
is4me2
Lead Lap

Cool

I knew I'd get responses about pushing the trunk button. My hands are full going out the door from work every night - fob, cell phone, water bottle, purse, and workout bag. Don't have a free hand to push the button on the trunk without setting down my stuff. It's easy to have the fob out push the button as I approach the car and then open the trunk with the side of my arm/shoulder. I even had the personalized setting changed for the time it takes to open the trunk to zero. I use the fob in the morning to open the back door to hold purse and workout bag as the passenger side beeps for a seatbelt because it weighs so much. To each his own. The case would be nice if you never need to push the buttons on your fob.
Old 03-15-06 | 06:01 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by is4me2
I knew I'd get responses about pushing the trunk button. My hands are full going out the door from work every night - fob, cell phone, water bottle, purse, and workout bag. Don't have a free hand to push the button on the trunk without setting down my stuff. It's easy to have the fob out push the button as I approach the car and then open the trunk with the side of my arm/shoulder. I even had the personalized setting changed for the time it takes to open the trunk to zero. I use the fob in the morning to open the back door to hold purse and workout bag as the passenger side beeps for a seatbelt because it weighs so much. To each his own. The case would be nice if you never need to push the buttons on your fob.
makes sense
Old 03-15-06 | 06:02 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Originally Posted by kensteele
I'm not going to "import" anything illegal. But purchasing something at retail, that's a different story. To me, retail is probably 50 or 100 pieces...at least my intentions would be retail and not for resale or wholesale. So I asked our friends if they would consider a smaller minimum and at what price. If it is reasonable (based on the comments here), everyone should try to get 2 or more of these from me; I'll start a group buy and buy them (with your paypal money only) of course.
That would be nice. I would take 2.
Old 03-15-06 | 11:39 PM
eddiec
Pole Position

I just phoned the company and asked them if minimize order of 100 pieces is possible. They will call back later and I will let you all know. It is possible to use "Club Lexus".
Old 03-15-06 | 11:50 PM
pocky
mooncake master

I think it looks fine just like that. No need to alter!

Let us know how it goes Eddie.
Old 03-16-06 | 04:18 AM
phish2112
Driver

I'd grab a couple as well...
Old 03-16-06 | 05:59 AM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by eddiec
I just phoned the company and asked them if minimize order of 100 pieces is possible. They will call back later and I will let you all know. It is possible to use "Club Lexus".
perfect. i can't speak the language so i didn't want to risk calling them and getting confused.
Old 03-16-06 | 06:28 AM
MadIS
Driver School Candidate

I'm in for 2.....
Old 03-20-06 | 03:42 PM
redcell
Driver

Any updates from ken or eddiec?
Old 03-20-06 | 04:26 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

should have an update tomorrow.
Old 03-21-06 | 06:58 AM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

The reply I got back from Taiwan is that they cannot use the Lexus logo on this product without permission from Lexus. And that's probably not going to happen. Basically I wouldn't be interested in the plain keyholder, if someone else wants to pursue this with another legal logo or drive this with the plain keyholder, I'm more than happy to provide you with whatever I have so far. That's where it stands today.
Old 03-21-06 | 12:47 PM
accelerate
Lead Lap

So where did this one come from with the Lexus logo on it.
Old 03-21-06 | 01:26 PM
pocky
mooncake master

There goes that idea.
Old 03-21-06 | 06:18 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by pocky
There goes that idea.
I think they said they have been known to make samples per Lexus request. But they were adamant about getting permission.

Quick Reply: Smart Access Key Glove